PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul v. Hillary Clinton: Will Pot Give Him the Electoral Edge?

NACBA
01-10-2015, 07:38 AM
I think it will

http://reason.com/blog/2015/01/09/rand-paul-v-hillary-clinton-will-pot-giv

Working Poor
01-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Let's get him the nomination...

Brett85
01-10-2015, 08:29 AM
I don't understand the question. Rand has never come out in favor of legalizing pot.

idiom
01-10-2015, 09:00 AM
I don't understand the question. Rand has never come out in favor of legalizing pot.

And he won't until the nomination.

At which point it would murder the DNC base.

philipped
01-10-2015, 10:26 AM
And he won't until the nomination.

At which point it would murder the DNC base.

It would literally be the nail in the coffin for them.

Rudeman
01-10-2015, 06:00 PM

Maybe not legalization but I wouldn't be surprised if he emphasized his position and explained why it was better than Hillary's.

idiom
01-10-2015, 06:26 PM
If after nomination, Rand has a less authoritarian position than Hillary, if she moves past him to be more drug friendly than thou, there is nothing to stop a wholesale slide to the end of the drug war and the DEA.

When the timing is right these things can change overnight, especially if the messaging is right.

Okaloosa
01-11-2015, 12:17 AM
If after nomination, Rand has a less authoritarian position than Hillary, if she moves past him to be more drug friendly than thou, there is nothing to stop a wholesale slide to the end of the drug war and the DEA.

When the timing is right these things can change overnight, especially if the messaging is right.

Except for the fact that Hillary would only say that if she needed to and would never act on it.

JohnGalt23g
01-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Except for the fact that Hillary would only say that if she needed to and would never act on it.

The problem for her is that she has actively, as both First Lady and Senator, supported policies that were some of the worst excesses of the War on Drugs.

Which would leave her wide open to a charge of hypocrisy...