PDA

View Full Version : Need To Start Educating The Delegate Process Now !!

jointhefightforfreedom
01-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Need To Start Educating The Delegate Process Now !!

We need to consolidate and build a How to become a Delegate info sheet ASAP

philipped
01-08-2015, 10:32 PM
plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz do this.

Warlord
01-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Where's Matt Collins? He's always got a few how to win links

Natural Citizen
01-09-2015, 07:56 AM
All you have to do is contact your state's party office and request the necessary materials to apply. Return by the deadline date and then follow up with a call to confirm that it was received. It's easy.

Rules vary by state though. Check RNC Rule #15, sections c and d.

Here is a minimal once over...

- Get elected on a primary ballot

- Get your state’s elected Republican leadership to choose you as a delegate

- Receive a majority of votes at either a state Republican convention, or a convention in your local Congressional District

Become your state’s party Chair, or get elected either as one of its two other representatives to the Republican National Committee. For men, this position would be the National Committeeman. For women, it would be the National Committeewoman. Every state has to have both a National Committeeman and a National Committeewoman. The Chair is ungendered.

Of course, RNC rules also allow states to pick their delegates using any other method provided that that method does not violate the RNC's rules.

Here is a handy dandy chart from 2012... http://www.rnclife.org/delegates/2012/pdf/2012-National-Delegate-Chart.pdf

And watch yer 6. There be monsters out there.

satchelmcqueen
01-09-2015, 08:32 PM
we did a good job of this in 2009-2012. only "they" cheated and changed the rules as we won more spots. we need to also focus on how we can keep "them" from moving the goal lines.

Matt Collins
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I don't think the rules are set yet

philipped
01-10-2015, 08:13 AM
I don't think the rules are set yet

As soon as they are someone should bump with them added.

eleganz
01-11-2015, 01:16 AM
This vaguely reminded me of the 50 states delegates thread I started for the 2012 campaign.

We all gotta get back into the groove of things.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?346522-PDF-Delegate-information-for-ALL-50-states!-Wondering-about-your-state-look-no-further

brandon
01-11-2015, 01:36 AM
What I learned from the past two elections is the delegate strategy is pretty futile in non caucus states. That said - if you're in a caucus state definitely start getting involved in the process.