PDA

View Full Version : "Climate Change", Mutually Assured Destruction, and Nuclear Winter

UWDude
01-08-2015, 02:01 AM
First this video, I've posted it before I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Almost 2,000 nuclear weapons have been set off, in the atmosphere, since 1945. And as technology progressed, these tests were of more and more powerful bombs. So don't think these were just 2,000 fat boys and little man's. Towards the end of the 70's, they were getting to TSAR bomb size.

Nuclear Winter, is a myth. Pinatubo blew Tens of thousands of nuclear bombs worth of poisonous gases, incinerated rock and dust into the sky, and global temperatures fell by maybe half a degree worldwide for about 12 years.

I think most humans seem to be over-interested in themselves, and their ability to impact. They believe the planet is simply much smaller than it really is. At best, they cruise across the Pacific Ocean at 400 miles an hour, and think, well, that was a long flight! Not really considering how long it would take to walk across the Pacific Ocean. Multiply this by the order of billions, and you have the size, and the energy of the Sun. Humans couldn't change the world's climate if they tried.

This is how I feel about both Global Warming a.k.a. "climate change", and Nuclear Winter.

Then there is the myth of Mutually Assured Destruction. It makes people feel safe, kind of like, "well, if Nuclear War breaks out, we'll all be dead anyway", but it is a fallacy. For one, it refers to a Hollywood Movie, "War Games" in which a computer plays out a bunch of tactical and strategic scenarios, and all of them end up in complete worldwide nuclear devastation. That same year, (1983), the United States launched the Strategic Defense Initiative, a.k.a. "Star Wars". Coincidence? Of course not.

No, nuclear exchange does not have to be complete. Especially when one considers "super weapons". The PATRIOT missile batteries in 1990 (Gulf War I) were woefully sad. Times have changed. Anti-Missile technology is pretty good now. It is not unbelievable to suggest some armies already have perfect anti-missile systems. Especially if that country is the world's leader in rocket technology. Further more, "War Games" did not take into consideration, the eventual "terrorist attack" nuclear bombing, will be hard to pin on anyone, but does anyone have any doubt where it will first go off?

It would only take one, maybe two, and the United States would crumble. Wall Street would vanish, as would the entire paper economy. And there would be absolute Anarchy, and the bumbling intelligence services wouldn't even know who to point their finger at, and when they did, the world would laugh or deny. Nobody would even know who is in charge. Check Mate. Maybe twenty years later, somebody or some nation will be pinned for it, and a much different and humbled world will offer harsh condemnations.