PDA

View Full Version : Kurdistan’s new secret weapon against ISIS jihadists – Humiliation

IanCioffi
01-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Source: LibertyChat.com (http://www.libertychat.com/2015/01/kurdistans-new-secret-weapon-isis-jihadists-humiliation/)

The Kurdish military is employing a new weapon in their fight against Islamic State jihadists in Iraq. The Kurdish forces, the Peshmerga, those who allied with the Americans during the War in Iraq in the hopes of finally receiving a homeland to call their own, have been fighting tooth and nail to ensure that their home stays their own. They have been literally on the front line of this war since Islamists poured over the border last summer and have since, constantly dueled for control of Northern Iraq and Syria. Their villages and cities face regular raids and bombings and the ISIS lines have even pushed to within an hour of the capital city of Kurdistan. They have more to fear from ISIS than any of us.

The Kurds, however, haven’t just taken this abuse idly. They have been the force most responsible for the direct losses against ISIS Insurgents in Iraq and Syria, filling the voids created by US and Allied bombs. In recent months, the Kurds have mounted a heroic comeback from a bleak outlook in the early fall. The Peshmerga successfully pushed back insurmountable odds in the Syrian city of Kobane, and are repelling a horde of Islamic warriors with aid from coalition bombings in Iraq. They’ve even managed to achieve this all on shoestring budgets that don’t even equal the transportation budget of many US states. Now, they are unleashing a new weapon, which, for this type of war, might be the most powerful yet.

Humiliation.

Read More (http://www.libertychat.com/2015/01/kurdistans-new-secret-weapon-isis-jihadists-humiliation/)

francisco
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8jnrjMvC8#t=67

"We milk the goat even if it is male"

01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
The peshmerga have historically been badasses. This continues I see.

twomp
01-07-2015, 05:27 PM
The peshmerga have historically been badasses. This continues I see.

That is only because you are a rabid Fox News watcher and so you regurgitate their propaganda on these forums. All the Peshmerga have "historically been" is terrorists. Go do a little research instead of listening to what your television tells you. The Peshmerga are so badass that don't even have a country of their own. Real badasses there!

01-07-2015, 05:40 PM
That is only because you are a rabid Fox News watcher and so you regurgitate their propaganda on these forums. All the Peshmerga have "historically been" is terrorists. Go do a little research instead of listening to what your television tells you. The Peshmerga are so badass that don't even have a country of their own. Real badasses there!

Is that right? I don't even have cable or a dish to watch TV, we get one local channel OTA way out here.

They don't have a country because they were screwed by the US twice, after gulf war one and again after the Iraq war.

ghengis86
01-07-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm not buying this premise, at least not completely. When the US was torturung and overseeing the rape of young boys in Iraq while their mothers were forced to watch, the mothers pleaded with their husbands to kill them because of the evil and humiliation. Thier husbands didn't just give up; they fought the US occupation with more determination than ever.

When you're truly a fanatical believer, no amount of humiliation will dissuade you and your crusade; it's just the devil - or even Allah himself! - testing your faith, donchaknow.

pcosmar
01-07-2015, 06:26 PM
LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8jnrjMvC8#t=67

"We milk the goat even if it is male"
LoL

Like the Fighters that have been recruited from the gutters and jails of Europe and are fighting in Syria and Iraq have nothing better to do than watch YouTube. That is,, whenever they have electricity and internet connections that haven't been Blown the Fuck Up.

That video is for a different audience.

jmdrake
01-07-2015, 06:45 PM
LoL

Like the Fighters that have been recruited from the gutters and jails of Europe and are fighting in Syria and Iraq have nothing better to do than watch YouTube. That is,, whenever they have electricity and internet connections that haven't been Blown the Fuck Up.

That video is for a different audience.

Of course. Or did you miss the "Please donate" banner at the beginning of the video?

twomp
01-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Is that right? I don't even have cable or a dish to watch TV, we get one local channel OTA way out here.

They don't have a country because they were screwed by the US twice, after gulf war one and again after the Iraq war.

Oh is that right? Then please tell me where you got this idea the the Peshmerga were badasses? Iran hates them. Iraq hates them. Turkey hates them but it's America's fault they don't have a country? Please try harder. BTW, you don't need cable or dish to watch Fox News. You have this thing called the internet...

GunnyFreedom
01-07-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm not buying this premise, at least not completely. When the US was torturung and overseeing the rape of young boys in Iraq while their mothers were forced to watch, the mothers pleaded with their husbands to kill them because of the evil and humiliation. Thier husbands didn't just give up; they fought the US occupation with more determination than ever.

When you're truly a fanatical believer, no amount of humiliation will dissuade you and your crusade; it's just the devil - or even Allah himself! - testing your faith, donchaknow.

it's 4GW. The humiliation is aimed at non-ISIS to prevent them from joining ISIS.

01-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Oh is that right? Then please tell me where you got this idea the the Peshmerga were badasses? Iran hates them. Iraq hates them. Turkey hates them but it's America's fault they don't have a country? Please try harder. BTW, you don't need cable or dish to watch Fox News. You have this thing called the internet...

The Kurds survived Iran/Iraq war, Gulf war 1 and the Iraq war. Saddam wanted them dead, HW Bush screwed them on promises of independence after the gulf war, Obama screwed them the same after the Iraq war. Yet through all that, they held their territory and have kept it relatively peaceful and safe there. Certainly the safest part of Iraq. If that isn't badass, I don't know what is. The peshmerga are not to be trifled with.

You think you know what you are talking about but don't know shit.

Calling anyone you don't agree with a fox news watcher is so 2008...

UWDude
01-07-2015, 07:40 PM
They have been the force most responsible for the direct losses against ISIS Insurgents in Iraq and Syria,

Lie. The Syrian Army has inflicted the most losses on ISIS.

What a non-story. Mocking people is nothing new, and wars are when things move into the sticks and stones phase, because the words were not hurting. Trying to use words in the sticks and stones phase is just plain useless.

Danke
01-07-2015, 07:51 PM
G
The Kurds survived Iran/Iraq war, Gulf war 1 and the Iraq war. Saddam wanted them dead, HW Bush screwed them on promises of independence after the gulf war, Obama screwed them the same after the Iraq war. Yet through all that, they held their territory and have kept it relatively peaceful and safe there. Certainly the safest part of Iraq. If that isn't badass, I don't know what is. The peshmerga are not to be trifled with.

They definitely got screwed. But we did protect them from Sadam's military after Desert Storm.

twomp
01-08-2015, 05:07 AM

The Iran/Iraq war was Iran vs. Iraq. The Gulf war was U.S. vs. Iraq. If you haven't noticed, they didn't "survive" much because the war wasn't against them. They have nothing. For the longest time, they were considered a terrorist group because all they can do is use terrorist attacks kind of how Al Qaeda and Al Shabab do now. The only reason they haven't been crushed is because they are being propped up by Israel as a check against Iran and Iraq. They are only badass to you now because the media told you so. Before the media told you, they were just a bunch of thug terrorists.

01-08-2015, 05:52 AM
The Iran/Iraq war was Iran vs. Iraq. The Gulf war was U.S. vs. Iraq. If you haven't noticed, they didn't "survive" much because the war wasn't against them. They have nothing. For the longest time, they were considered a terrorist group because all they can do is use terrorist attacks kind of how Al Qaeda and Al Shabab do now. The only reason they haven't been crushed is because they are being propped up by Israel as a check against Iran and Iraq. They are only badass to you now because the media told you so. Before the media told you, they were just a bunch of thug terrorists.

They hold the oil, that's not nothing. If I have to explain more, you don't have the comprehension to be here.

The US is actively preventing the Kurds from selling their oil on the free market.

As far as the Iran/Iraq war not being against the Kurds, I guess chemical Ali didn't get that message before he gassed and killed thousands of Kurds in one of the largest chemical weapon attacks in history.

You continuously prove you have no clue what you are talking about, maybe it's time to shut up and let the big people talk.

osan
01-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Humiliation.

Is it just me, or does this bit reek just a little?

I don't think it is humiliation per sé that is causing the presumed collapse. It may be helping... then again it may not, who can say? We are talking about a force of men here who have been butchering children with no apparent compunction. That is pretty hardcore. How am I to believe that a video making them out be pig-clowns is suddenly turning the tide?

If indeed the tide is turning, I would have to say something else must be involved as well. The author hits on it and seems not to give it the proper preponderance of significance: disproof. If they believe their cause is backed by the will of God, why are they not sitting atop the world with their bloodied hatchets? If they are loosing as the article claims, then I would agree they must be experiencing creeping demoralization. The humility deal may be a contributing factor, but I am not sure I buy that it is the back-breaker touted here. But maybe I am wrong. I just do not see those people being quite so candy-ass... not after having committed to the point of having hacked the heads off of many thousands of little children. In for that penny, in for a thousand pounds, as I believe this is basic human nature. Once committed to something that extreme, people tend to go for the gusto, in my experience. That is, I have not seen too many examples of people being part of such things once, saying to themselves "that was icky... let me not do it again... I'll be going home now." They seem to experience an intense impulse to do it again and again until... well, who knows? Might be the "well, I'm damned as it stands, so I may as well see this to the end" train of thought... just speculating there. Maybe it's pure and ultra-morbid curiosity, or the inability to turn back once a threshold is crossed. Whatever the case, I cannot see them turning their backs on what that to which they have made so deep a commitment for such superficial reasons.

The shattering of belief, OTOH, makes all perfect sense.

osan
01-08-2015, 07:14 AM
That is only because you are a rabid Fox News watcher and so you regurgitate their propaganda on these forums.

D00d, that's a pretty blatant non-sequitur. How does the one follow from the other? I just don't see it.

All the Peshmerga have "historically been" is terrorists.

Depends on who states the opinion. I never saw them that way. Turkey has, but how is their position credible? They are just another example of the force of Empire; of men getting all grabby to keep that which they falsely think is theirs, but in reality is not. It seems to be well accepted, for example, that the post-war borders (WW I) drawn up in the middle-east were, at best, ineptly decided. People like the Kurds had their long-standing autonomy forcibly removed, their independence having been arbitrarily violated by one raft of bastards and placed into the hands of another. They did what any self-respecting creature does in response to its unnatural state of captivity: they fought.

I would also raise the issue of your apparent (mis)understanding of the term "terrorism". Let me get out the Oxford Etymological dictionary... just a moment:

terrorism (n.) 1795, in specific sense of "government intimidation during the Reign of Terror in France" (March 1793-July 1794), from French terrorisme, from Latin terror (see terror).
If the basis of a popular government in peacetime is virtue, its basis in a time of revolution is virtue and terror -- virtue, without which terror would be barbaric; and terror, without which virtue would be impotent. [Robespierre, speech in French National Convention, 1794]General sense of "systematic use of terror as a policy" is first recorded in English 1798 (in reference to the Irish Rebellion of that year). At one time, a word for a certain kind of mass-destruction terrorism was dynamitism (1883); and during World War I frightfulness (translating German Schrecklichkeit) was used in Britain for "deliberate policy of terrorizing enemy non-combatants."

They are not a national government, so how could they possibly be terrorists?

Go do a little research instead of listening to what your television tells you. The Peshmerga are so badass that don't even have a country of their own. Real badasses there!

OK, this is just pure FAIL and should require no explanation whatsoever.