PDA

View Full Version : Sing a Song of Ron Paul

JWallace
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/432dygie.asp

"As for this journalist, I'll eliminate Paultard paranoia by putting my cards on the table: By all accounts, Ron Paul is decent, principled, smart, and honest (John McCain once said he was "the most honest man in Congress"). Of all the candidates, he's the one I'd most trust to hold my purse if I had to use the Jiffy John at a Paulapalooza festival (a proposition his musical backers are considering). While I don't fully agree with him, I enjoy his underdog tenacity and his unslick tetchiness. His laissez-faire libertarianism and old-style limited-government conservatism make me nostalgic for a more innocent time--let's call it "1993"--when Republicans could talk about pruning the long branches of government without laugh-snorting Diet Coke from their nostrils. All this is to say, I like Ron Paul. Or I thought I did, before seeing how much atrocious music he's inspired."

Corydoras
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
This gave me belly laffs! Thanks for posting the link.

ursamajor
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
That article is awesome. Haha. It kind of falls in line with the 'things voters care about this election"= bullshit (that comes from the onion). It is kind of flattering and self-inflicting at the same time.