PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Toughest on Terror

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Ron Paul Toughest on Terror
By David Gornoski

There's a reason why our nation's finest, America's military men and women, both active and veteran, have given more donations to Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul than any other candidate in either party. As a veteran, he's the only candidate who understands how to properly defend America from its enemies, "both foreign and domestic." His strict adherence to the Constitution and reliance on true conservative principles is the winning formula for defeating terrorism abroad.

He knows the enemy. While radical Islamic rhetoric does play a role for fundamentalist Muslims' anger, the number one recruitment tool for terrorists by all expert accounts is perceived occupation. The former director of the CIA's bin Laden unit Michael Scheuer has correctly pointed out that Osama bin Laden listed our traditional Wilsonian liberal policy of meddling in Middle East affairs as the reason for why they attack us. Bin Laden mentioned our base near Mecca, support of the corrupt Saudi royals, and 10 years of sanctions on Iraq as some of the key reasons for the 9-11 attacks. Bin Laden understands that at the end of the day, the average Middle Eastern man will not continue buying into his calls for theocratic authoritarian world rule based on extremist religious rhetoric alone. Rather, bin Laden's ilk must draw America into a continual presence in the Middle East to continue breeding generations of terrorists for decades to come.

The spider web of terrorism Al-Qaeda is banking on also plans to cripple our nation economically. They realize that as our government continues to build up hundreds of billions in debt to fund never-ending Middle East nation-building projects, terrorists can not only gin up recruitments but also bankrupt us at the same time. Ron Paul understands this threat and has laid out a simple constitutional approach to defeating the terrorist cowards once and for all.

With our goal of replacing Saddam's Iraqi government with a democratically elected one complete, Ron Paul believes it is time to bring our troops home. The same would be done in Afghanistan. By removing any plans for permanent bases in the Middle East, we would effectively cripple the terrorists' number one recruitment tool: perceived foreign occupation of their lands. By bringing our troops home around the world, Ron Paul would save hundreds of billions of dollars currently wasted maintaining such operations abroad. This money would be used to reduce our national debt and eliminate the terrorists' attempt to cripple our economy. In addition, Ron Paul would secure our nation's borders and prevent terrorists from entering our nation. His unrivaled respect for the 2nd amendment would ensure that companies and individuals could properly defend themselves against attack. With our troops home to defend our borders, Ron Paul would issue something he attempted to do immediately after 9-11: a letter of marque on the heads of terrorists abroad. This tool was created by the Founding Fathers to eliminate acts of terrorism that have no national face. Ron Paul would put up a $1 billion dollar bounty on Osama bin Laden and his operatives. With our nation's popularity surging around the world, allies, private companies, and professional killers would hunt down and kill Osama bin Laden's ilk like the dogs they are.

And what about Iran? Ron Paul would unleash Israel from the crippling grip of our politically correct State Department. (His administration would end the foolish US-led division of Israel's land as well.) With Israel finally free to act on any national threat, its estimated 300 nukes would ensure that Iranian president Ahmadenijad's beady eyes blink first (assuming his own people, inspired by America's renewed embrace of freedom, don't overthrow him outright).

In the event that a nation such as Iran would threaten to attack the US after all these measures, Ron Paul is the only candidate who would have the Congress constitutionally declare war and go all out to win it, ensuring a swift return of the nation's heroic soldiers.

No wonder Ronald Reagan had this to say about Congressman Ron Paul: "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

Couple his leadership in national defense with the fact that Ron Paul is the strongest pro-life candidate, wants to abolish the IRS, and plans to stop the Federal Reserve from destroying the value of our dollar, and it's clear that he is the only candidate worthy of true conservatives' support. As Ron Paul's 10 million dollar war chest readies for primary combat, it is time. Time to win one for the Gipper.
--
This is a rough draft of an editorial I wrote that speaks the language of the defense hawks of the Republican party. I believe it is the exact message we need to send out to the part of the GOP base most wary of Ron Paul. I hope to get it published in some publications if possible.

shadowhooch
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Holy crap! That is the absolute perfect response to the neocon war propaganda. Get that published so I can copy and distribute it!

Great great job!:cool:

Paulitician
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I would wholeheartedly agree. Coincidentally, Rudy is weakest on "terror."

ClayTrainor
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
dam thats a good slogan "Ron Paul: Toughest on Terror"

We need to market this asap...

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I would wholeheartedly agree. Coincidentally, Rudy is weakest on "terror."

Absolutely right

dmspilot00
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Great job! (And I'm not easily impressed)

Mark Rushmore
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
<outdated response re: editing>

voytechs
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I do not know what you are thinking in terms of publications, but I'd be happy to host it on my blog site:

h ttp://freedompress.blog.com

Cheers,
mark...

hard@work
12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Beautiful.

AlexMerced
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I just put it in a facebook note, trying to see where else I can post it...this need sto be everywhere

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
A few possible edits for your consideration:

---------------------------------------------------
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I've made some edits in the original post now.

Also, any publications are free to publish my editorial. I just ask that they contact me first as a heads up and include the author of the piece. Thanks a lot.

Highstreet
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Absolutely right

You might throw something in about the current lack of diplomacy actually being an Isolationist foreign policy, and how Ron would return us to the strength and alliances used to win the Cold war.

ENDelt260
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
traditional Wilsonian liberal policy of mettling in Middle

mettling -> meddling

nist7
12-03-2007, 06:12 PM
GREAT write up!

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 06:14 PM
mettling -> meddling

Heh, I knew there was something wrong about that word...lol. Thanks for the catch.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Brilliant? Subtle? Slick? Devious? Help me, I'm running out of adjectives... :)

You, sir, frighten me. I'm glad you're on our side. :)

Can't wait to see this run somewhere, somehow. Speaking of which... where and how?

angrydragon
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
See if Lew will put it up tomorrow or something. lewrockwell@mac.com

Mark Rushmore
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
<outdated response re: editing>

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I just got tired of hearing such a smear job of his national defense credentials from people who breed terrorism.

As for publishing it, I'm not quite sure. I'm going to try to send it to some newspapers in my area. If you'd like to send it to your local papers or maybe some of the sites like Lewrockwell.com, DailyPaul.com, etc that'd be cool. Most importantly, I'd like to really hit up some bastions of conservative hawks, both online and off.

FreedomLover
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Great article.

National defense is pretty much the only reason many republicans will never vote for Ron Paul, even if they wholeheartedly agree with all his domestic proposals. This is a good start in showing that a strong defense is possible with non-intervensionism.

RPFTW!
12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
http://www.gosimpsons.com/ProdImages/BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
The piece is well done, I can see it really getting some reactions or provoking some soul-searching among readers wondering what the hell they've been thinking. Since you don't seem to be offended by minor nitpicking type suggestions, two more ;):

-------------

With our troops home to their families

With Israel finally free to act on any national threat, its estimated 300 nukes would ensure that Iranian president Ahmadenijad's beady eyes blink first (assuming his own people, now free from fear of US interference in a post-Mullah world, don't finally revolt).

::Just trying to get rid of the first/first double.::

----------

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I made some edits.

Nancy A
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
"Ron Paul is the strongest pro-life candidate"

I suggest you leave that out, or mention that it should be up to the states---you'll lose Indies and Dems with that.

0zzy
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
change trillions to hundreds of billions

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
"Ron Paul is the strongest pro-life candidate"

I suggest you leave that out, or mention that it should be up to the states---you'll lose Indies and Dems with that.

I understand and respect the concern, but the article is aimed squarely at Republican base defense hawks. That demographic tends to be solidly pro-life and they may have bought into the notion that Huckabee is their man in that regard.

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Ozzy, I've heard conflicting stats... I think Ron Paul's said before we spend trillions in the overseas military operations. Billions sounds more realistic, but I'd like to confirm.

jj111
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Recommend change "reason for why they attack us" to "reason as to why they attack us"

Mark Rushmore
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Lookin good.

jj111
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Rec change "Mid East" to "Middle East"
Rec change "never ending" to "never-ending"
Rec change "nation building" to "nation-building"
Rec change "pay off our national debt" to "reduce our national debt"
Rec change "with our troops home to their families" to "While our troops would return home and defend our borders"
Rec change "kill Osama and his ilk" to "capture and bring to the custody of our justice system"
Rec change "US led" to "US-led"

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Rec change "Mid East" to "Middle East"
Rec change "never ending" to "never-ending"
Rec change "nation building" to "nation-building"
Rec change "pay off our national debt" to "reduce our national debt"
Rec change "with our troops home to their families" to "While our troops would return home and defend our borders"
Rec change "kill Osama and his ilk" to "capture and bring to the custody of our justice system"
Rec change "US led" to "US-led"

Thanks for the tips. Made some new edits.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Ozzy, I've heard conflicting stats... I think Ron Paul's said before we spend trillions in the overseas military operations. Billions sounds more realistic, but I'd like to confirm.

I've heard 800 billion/year and 1 trillion/year. I suspect 1 trillion is rounded up for convenience, so 800 billion is probably more accurate - and certainly sounds so. Too lazy for real research, but I've heard the number multiple times. I know Ron Paul uses it.

therealjjj77
12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Al-Qaeda (no "u")

bobmurph
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Excellent article Throwback280s. You're spot on when you say this is the type of message we need to be sending to the defense hawks.

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks. I think it covers most of their fears they have about terrorism.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Let us know as soon as you post it so we can promote it.

Would be awesome to get it published in legit conservative publications, but I wouldn't know how to orchestrate that.

klamath
12-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Really great Piece. A number of over 2 trillion was projected for the wars by congress for the long haul, a month or so ago.
As has been stated already this issue is RP's biggest hang up with conservatives hawks. A huge number of them don't really want war but feel we have to fight terrorists. We need to sell RP to them with tactical and stategic arguments not America is wrong arguments.
Again this is a really good piece.

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I think the article in its current incarnation is ready to go. Feel free to start spreading it around to every site and newspaper you know of. Print outs to hand out to hawk republicans is a great tactic too.

Thanks again for everyone who's helped with this.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I think the article in its current incarnation is ready to go. Feel free to start spreading it around to every site and newspaper you know of. Print outs to hand out to hawk republicans is a great tactic too.

Thanks again for everyone who's helped with this.

We can't pass around a link to the forums. Don't you have someplace appropriate to publish the article?

Throwback280s
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
We can't pass around a link to the forums. Don't you have someplace appropriate to publish the article?

Not quite yet. Lew Rockwell liked it but he thought it'd be better suited at DailyPaul.com. I contacted them but haven't heard back from them yet.

I wonder if we could post this at the Hannity forum and/or Redstate...simply censor Ron Paul's name from the article...heh

OferNave
12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Bumped in the hope of an update. Any word from DailyPaul?

Just hoping to get a good link to promote (outside of the forums).

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Bumped in the hope of an update. Any word from DailyPaul?

Just hoping to get a good link to promote (outside of the forums).

Here's a link to the Paulunteer.com site which published the piece.
http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/04/ron-paul-toughest-on-terror/

I'm working on getting it syndicated elsewhere.

OferNave
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Here's a link to the Paulunteer.com site which published the piece.
http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/04/ron-paul-toughest-on-terror/

I'm working on getting it syndicated elsewhere.

I submitted it to Digg, and stumbled it:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Toughest_On_Terror

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I submitted it to Digg, and stumbled it:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Toughest_On_Terror

Nice work. I tried sharing it with the friends at Hannity's forum. Unfortunately, the piece must've hit a nerve with the Trotskyists running the forum. The thread was closed and deleted.

Ah, what a day that will be when the Old Right true conservatives take back our movement from these collectivists.

OferNave
12-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Might be worth visiting all the neocon sites and getting the link out, and maybe posting it in comments under pro-neocon videos on youtube. Most people will ignore, but maybe a few will be curious.

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
What are some good neocon war hang outs?
I just keep picturing the Star Wars cantina...

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Great article. Just make sure when you mention "occupation," you say "foreign occupation," because that's the kicker in what causes terrorism (particularly of the suicidal flavor). Get it published ASAP.

Politicallore
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Posted this on my website www.politicallore.com

Should reach a nice audience that way...l
Already has 2 comments...

Visit, digg, and stumble

Politicallore
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/11023

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 03:34 PM
http://dailypaul.com/node/11023

Thanks a lot. Keep up the great work guys. I've yet to see a neocon offer any type of counter to the piece. And I've been showing it to as many hardcore neocons as I know.

krott5333
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
this is very good

HalogenFlood
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
This article is perfect! The message is EXACTLY what needs to be put out there. I had been thinking about doing a youtube video about how his policies on defense and terror are actually the strongest, but this will undoubtedly do the job much better.

This should go on www.realclearpolitics.com. Not sure how you would get that done.

HalogenFlood
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Another idea -- anyone on this board been a member of redstate.com for at least six months? If so, you could post it without it being banned.

OferNave
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
I know nothing of the world of editorials. Is it possible for random people to submit an editorial for publication, either on or offline?

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Just depends on the publication's policies. But every publication is worth a shot...local papers, political sites, anything. Defense hawks must be reached.

Politicallore
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
digg and stumble this guys...

on my site ;)

krott5333
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
here is a pdf:
http://files.meetup.com/516057/Ron%20Paul%20Tough%20on%20Terror.pdf

Lucid American
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Nice work. I tried sharing it with the friends at Hannity's forum. Unfortunately, the piece must've hit a nerve with the Trotskyists running the forum. The thread was closed and deleted.

Ah, what a day that will be when the Old Right true conservatives take back our movement from these collectivists.
Hey man, what was your name over at Hannity's site?

I got booted for life after the last debate for saying "CNN fellated Giuliani & Romney"!

Kinda funny, but on the other hand I've lost an important place to raise important points. :(

acstichter
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
POSTED

http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=54820

Added a picture... :)

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 06:25 PM
POSTED

http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=54820

Added a picture... :)

Very nice!

OferNave
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
It would be nice if someone who knows the ins and outs of the publishing world would jump on this. I'd probably lose days just figuring out what's what.

Throwback280s
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
It would be nice if someone who knows the ins and outs of the publishing world would jump on this. I'd probably lose days just figuring out what's what.

The key is to spread it around as many places on the Internet as possible...If it catches on with a large enough audience and pool of publications on the Net, papers will consider syndicating it.

ItsTime
12-04-2007, 08:55 PM
//

independent thinker
12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Ron Paul Toughest on Terror

Hmmm....interesting post. I agree with you, but there is yet another principle that always gets overlooked in the debate about our nation's war policies. Life is sacred. Period. Bombing the crap out of people because they do not share our views or possess some natural resource we want to control, is about as morally bankrupt as it gets.

Throwback280s
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Hmmm....interesting post. I agree with you, but there is yet another principle that always gets overlooked in the debate about our nation's war policies. Life is sacred. Period. Bombing the crap out of people because they do not share our views or possess some natural resource we want to control, is about as morally bankrupt as it gets.

I agree but that's a message not quite as tailor made for many misled defense hawks in the GOP. Right now, I simply want to get them on our team. We can work on further education later.

Scott Wilson
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
http://files.meetup.com/593250/Ron%20Paul%27s%20Strategy%20on%20Terrorism.doc

Thanks, we'll be using this. This is a very powerful piece.

Liberty Star
12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
RP is the toughest and smartest man to handle war on terror.

Current bungling idiots in charge of war on terror have made America less safer and Americans less free. And they are not done yet.