PDA

View Full Version : White House Considering Expanding Hate Crime Laws To Include Police Officers

AuH20
01-06-2015, 10:54 AM
This hate crime crusade has gone off the rails. We have had laws on the books for decades against so-called hate crimes, like murder, rape, etc.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/05/white-house-we-would-consider-adding-protection-for-cops-to-hate-crimes-statute/

jmdrake
01-06-2015, 11:02 AM
LOL. Obama siding with the po-po. And I wonder which ethnic group will be affected the most by hate crimes laws for police?

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2015, 11:19 AM
oh for heavens sake. :mad:

On the bright side, this may be the one and only thing in the universe to put an end to the political right worshiping the police without cause or reason.

enhanced_deficit
01-06-2015, 11:24 AM
An excellent move by ddg handlers.
But won't it be nice to include crimes against colored children in hate crimes too? Or that will be inconvenient for ddg handlers?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ja7kWyMhF3E/Um2xdT2XfUI/AAAAAAAAAWs/paI7wpY-uYE/s1600/Obama-drones-children-3.jpg
http://www.maxfarquar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Michelle-Obama-Bring-Back-Our-Girls.jpg

#SWCbaggery , #Hypocrisy, #Dronegangstapuppet

jmdrake
01-06-2015, 11:24 AM

On the bright side, this may be the one and only thing in the universe to put an end to the political right worshiping the police without cause or reason.

Really? Because being temporarily on the side of out of control union bosses hasn't seemed to make a difference. I bet if police union bosses demanded a raise right now the average brain dead teocon would step right up and say....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/264/200/acb.jpg

acptulsa
01-06-2015, 11:28 AM
I distinctly remember hate crime legislation being specifically aimed at--and being sold to We, the People as something that would never go beyond--crimes committed on people due to circumstances completely beyond their control. Things like gender, race, etc. Now the government is trying to make it a hate crime to attack anyone who works for the government. Even though we have several armed forces which consider it an offense not to commit crimes against people who work for other governments.

Got news. Anyone but a draftee can quit working for the damned government. And will probably live years longer for not having to deal with the sociopaths and the KMAs. Seems to me those who scare people away from government service are doing more to promote good health than Michelle Obama's "Starve the Children Initiative" could ever do.

GunnyFreedom
01-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Really? Because being temporarily on the side of out of control union bosses hasn't seemed to make a difference. I bet if police union bosses demanded a raise right now the average brain dead teocon would step right up and say....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/264/200/acb.jpg

Unions are pretty bad, but making them hate crimes would put them in the same category as teh gays. There is nothing in this universe that the political right seems to hate more than teh gays. If you put Hitler beside a gay person, they would pick Hitler for their team first.

aGameOfThrones
01-06-2015, 11:33 AM
http://replygif.net/i/953.gif

01-06-2015, 11:40 AM
There is no need for hate crime laws at all. It's just a feel good measure for liberals.

Existing laws deal with it just fine. If you commit murder you are prosecuted for murder etc.

acptulsa
01-06-2015, 11:42 AM
There is no need for hate crime laws at all. It's just a feel good measure for liberals.

Existing laws deal with it just fine. If you commit murder you are prosecuted for murder etc.

You make a good point. Even if you are a little fuzzy on just who they're pandering to with this...

AuH20
01-06-2015, 11:45 AM

The concept of a 'hate crime' is basically an oxymoron, when you really think about it. Then again, not many people actually think.

acptulsa
01-06-2015, 11:47 AM
The concept of a 'hate crime' is basically an oxymoron, when you really think about it.

No. Not even a little bit.

Lucille
01-06-2015, 11:53 AM
http://makeameme.org/media/created/dont-you-hate-wpijv3.jpg

jkob
01-06-2015, 11:53 AM
There doesn't need to be any enhancement for crimes against police, they already have a very disproportionate response both in the literal physical sense and the prosecutorial as well. Punch a cop on the street and see what happens, either you'll get killed or go to prison for a long long time. Think that's the same for the rest of us? I hate these cry baby pigs.

Dr.3D
01-06-2015, 11:58 AM
The White House can do just about anything. I suppose it might even force people to get haircuts that match the one the POTUS has.

acptulsa
01-06-2015, 12:17 PM
There doesn't need to be any enhancement for crimes against police, they already have a very disproportionate response both in the literal physical sense and the prosecutorial as well. Punch a cop on the street and see what happens, either you'll get killed or go to prison for a long long time. Think that's the same for the rest of us? I hate these cry baby pigs.

Now that the same Supreme Court that still maintains 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' for civilians is giving professional cops participation trophies when they fail to learn the legal code they're allegedly there to enforce, I don't see how any rational person could fail to hate cops. I mean, how can any law possibly prevent a human being from hating an ignorant 'know-it-all'?

jmdrake
01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Unions are pretty bad, but making them hate crimes would put them in the same category as teh gays. There is nothing in this universe that the political right seems to hate more than teh gays. If you put Hitler beside a gay person, they would pick Hitler for their team first.

Ummmm...not sure about that. I can't tell you how many times I have heard right wing talk show hosts talk about how terrible "Islamofascist" countries like Iran are because they are mean to gays. It's kind of like how Bush all of a sudden cared about the fact that Saddam had invaded Iran when he wanted an excuse to go to war.

osan
01-06-2015, 05:28 PM

Your optimism appears to be truly infinite.

ghengis86
01-06-2015, 05:46 PM
The concept of a 'hate crime' is basically an oxymoron, when you really think about it. Then again, not many people actually think.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Redundant, perhaps. A criminal by their very nature, hates natural and property rights. Every crime, therefore. Is a hate crime.

osan
01-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Ummmm...not sure about that. I can't tell you how many times I have heard right wing talk show hosts talk about how terrible "Islamofascist" countries like Iran are because they are mean to gays. It's kind of like how Bush all of a sudden cared about the fact that Saddam had invaded Iran when he wanted an excuse to go to war.

And I am not so sure about that. Progressive liberals are the biggest and most ineptly bald-face hypocrites on the planet. They go on endlessly about *****, but I doubt they are spending that much time hanging with any, unless they happen to be *****. Unless they are black, there is very little reason to ask "guess who's coming to dinner?" at their houses as well.

We could go on down the list. I've never met a more mendacious, hypocritical, self-seeking, narcissistic breed of being in my life. While I regard Michael Savage as something of an innocuous dick, his assertion that progressive liberalism is a mental disorder is on the money, save that be falls short on the specification of degree.

osan
01-06-2015, 06:00 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Depends on how he was using the term, though in any event it seems a bit of a stretch. No matter; I think I understand the spirit of his missive.

Redundant, perhaps. A criminal by their very nature, hates natural and property rights. Every crime, therefore. Is a hate crime.

Not always so. A lack of respect for rights does not imply hatred. It's just lack of respect. I would call your last sentence an impossible stretch.

Hatred is not a crime. I am entitled to hate anyone or anything I please, for any reason I wish including no reason at all. I can walk the streets hating everyone and everything I see. Hate hate hate hate hate... all day long, every day of my life. If others don't like it, they are free to pound salt up their assholes, just as they are free to hate me as much as may please them. No crimes are being committed. The term "hate crime" is another unfortunate choice of words because it does not convey the original intent of the first such laws. A more precise term would be "hate motivated crime" or "hate aggravated crime". Even these are kind of lame, but still better than just "hate crime".

I recall when these stupidities were first enacted, right around the time issues of "hate speech" were also making the headlines. Hatred is perhaps validly considered as an aggravating factor, but I do not believe it can stand on its own, and that is what all this talk of "hate crime" is attempting to do - and it appears to be quite successful.

We are drowning in stupidity.

pcosmar
01-06-2015, 06:24 PM
It's just a feel good measure for liberals.

NO,, it is a tool for Authoritarians.

of course there is no need for it. There was no need for the Gun Laws of 34 and 68.

It was a tool for AUTHORITARIANS.

There is no need for a seat belt law..

It is a TOOL.

This shit will be vaguely worded and widely interpreted.

And it will be used by Authoritarians.(=tyranny)

JK/SEA
01-06-2015, 06:51 PM
ok, so this new law doesn't work...then what?...double double hate crime?...

presence
01-06-2015, 07:04 PM

double double dornerfrein

Anti Federalist
01-06-2015, 09:06 PM
I distinctly remember hate crime legislation being specifically aimed at--and being sold to We, the People as something that would never go beyond--crimes committed on people due to circumstances completely beyond their control. Things like gender, race, etc. Now the government is trying to make it a hate crime to attack anyone who works for the government. Even though we have several armed forces which consider it an offense not to commit crimes against people who work for other governments.

Got news. Anyone but a draftee can quit working for the damned government. And will probably live years longer for not having to deal with the sociopaths and the KMAs. Seems to me those who scare people away from government service are doing more to promote good health than Michelle Obama's "Starve the Children Initiative" could ever do.

Yea, and I remember the NJ cops swearing they would never, ever push for primary seat belt enforcement.

Police state gonna police.

Anti Federalist
01-06-2015, 09:07 PM

Double Secret Probabtion.

We Really Mean It This Time.

Anti Federalist
01-06-2015, 09:09 PM
And just how does the Executive Branch "expand" any law?

Occam's Banana
01-06-2015, 10:00 PM

Sadly, I very much doubt that it will.

To the extent that the political right opposes so-called "hate crimes," it does so not so much because it has any particularly principled reasons for doing so, but primarily because the subjects of said "hate crimes" tend overwhelmingly to be fetishes of the political left. I have absolutely no problem at all imagining the right hypocritically embracing the notion of "hate crimes," at least when it comes to defending the subjects of its own fetishes (such as "authority" in general or "police" in particular).

It's like jmdrake pointed out earlier:

I can't tell you how many times I have heard right wing talk show hosts talk about how terrible "Islamofascist" countries like Iran are because they are mean to gays. It's kind of like how Bush all of a sudden cared about the fact that Saddam had invaded Iran when he wanted an excuse to go to war.

For some rightists, "Islamofascist" Iran is a bigger hobgoblin than "teh gheys" - so those rightists have no problem two-facedly pretending to defend the latter when it gives them another avenue for denouncing the former. Their opposition to "gay rights" is diluted on an ad hoc basis for the sake of bashing the "Islamofascists." In exactly the same ad hoc fashion, one can easily see their opposition to "hate crimes" being diluted for the sake of defending the police.

In this particular case, there may even be some pro-police rightists who as a matter of principle oppose the application of "hate crimes" even on behalf of the police, but I'm not seeing how that would necessarily undercut their high regard for the police - "worshipping the police" and opposing "hate crimes" being applied on behalf of police are not contradictory or mutually exclusive positions ...

Christian Liberty
01-06-2015, 10:16 PM
The religious right wants an exact amount of anti-gay legislation and no more. Anyone dare to pass more, they're evil islamofascists that should be invaded;)

enhanced_deficit
01-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Will the news about French police killed today have any impact on political suppport in US for this US initiative.