PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Promotion efforts (to bring in $$)

jake
12-03-2007, 04:40 PM
What is being done to solicit advertising time for the blimp? :)
How do we promote it to make this thing happen?

michaelwise
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Ask Barry Manalow for some money. He gave to National.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:14 PM
promo video(s) would be great. can anyone do this?

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
So you are going to try to find people to work for free for a for profit? :rolleyes:

One of the people on their 5k a week payroll should be able to make videos.

promo video(s) would be great. can anyone do this?

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
So you are going to try to find people to work for free for a for profit?
yea, it's a wonder anyone supports this thing at all, with their positive messages and encouragement, being that it's for profit. Maybe we should boycott it altogether, since it's for profit.

Or maybe there's a greater good to be served. You think?

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I see no greater good from this.

yea, it's a wonder anyone supports this thing at all, with their positive messages and encouragement, being that it's for profit. Maybe we should boycott it altogether, since it's for profit.

Or maybe there's a greater good to be served. You think?

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I see no greater good from this.

well then, i guess you have no business in this blimp forum here at ronpaulforums.com. nice talking with you.

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
You shouldnt be here typing anyway. You need to get the blimp message out and have more people help fund these peoples new business and take money away from the Ron Paul campaign and other projects that people are working on that are more cost effective and time effective.

You have till Friday to raise $200k and the 10th to get $500k

well then, i guess you have no business in this blimp forum here at ronpaulforums.com. nice talking with you.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
You shouldnt be here typing anyway. You need to get the blimp message out and have more people help fund these peoples new business and take money away from the Ron Paul campaign and other projects that people are working on that are more cost effective and time effective.

You have till Friday to raise $200k and the 10th to get $500k
well thanks for wasting my time then. you've been a big help.

btw: i'd love to hear your explanation how a maxed out individual donating to the blimp "takes money away" from the campaign? really. if you're against the blimp, wtf are you doing in the blimp forum? the exit is over there.

Mark
12-03-2007, 05:29 PM
yea, it's a wonder anyone supports this thing at all, with their positive messages and encouragement,

being that it's for profit. Maybe we should boycott it altogether, since it's for profit.

Exactly. The way I've been treated, if the blimp was a store, I would make sure the door didn't hit my backside on the way out.

Man from La Mancha
12-03-2007, 05:37 PM

You have till Friday to raise $200k and the 10th to get $500kHow many times do I have to remind that there is unlimited spending for Ron, there are just different ways to get money out of peoples pockets and if this blimp is one for many to add more media to it you should help promote it, you don't have to give, just come up with your brilliant plans to get some more money out of peoples pockets for any cause. $100 x 1 million people = $100 million

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
the best things in life are free.

How much did we spend on the The 5th idea? Sure as heck was not $500,000.00

How many times do I have to remind that there is unlimited spending for Ron, there are just different ways to get money out of peoples pockets and if this blimp is one for many to add more media to it you should help promote it, you don't have to give, just come up with your brilliant plans to get some more money out of peoples pockets for any cause. $100 x 1 million people = $100 million

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Exactly. The way I've been treated, if the blimp was a store, I would make sure the door didn't hit my backside on the way out.

then why are you still here? you seem to spend a lot of time posting about something you're not interested in supporting.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM

why are you here if you do not support the blimp!? is your life lacking fulfillment such that you feel the need to post about things you have no interest in supporting?

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Yup thats it..

why are you here if you do not support the blimp!? is your life lacking fulfillment such that you feel the need to post about things you have no interest in supporting?

slantedview
12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Yup thats it..
way to answer the question. you should work for bush.

Man from La Mancha
12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

When will you ever understand that individuals can spend their money any way they like and this money going towards the blimps might not have gone to Ron at all but they just like seeing a blimp fly with Rons name on it. And how come there are so many people telling us it is a bad idea, I don't want a big brother telling me what to do so if all the ones that don't like it just don't visit these forums is that something else that is beyond comprehension?? One can voice a reasonable objection once but more than that is trolling or can you explain why you constantly harp against it. No wait I fugued it out, you and your cohorts are not smart enough to come up your own ideas. Yea thats the ticket.

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I know people can spend their money any way they want. I have no cohorts at all. I dont even know who else is speaking up against it.

Ill stop now. Have a good one. You did not win over one single donation with your actions.

When will you ever understand that individuals can spend their money any way they like and this money going towards the blimps might not have gone to Ron at all but they just like seeing a blimp fly with Rons name on it. And how come there are so many people telling us it is a bad idea, I don't want a big brother telling me what to do so if all the ones that don't like it just don't visit these forums is that something else that is beyond comprehension?? One can voice a reasonable objection once but more than that is trolling or can you explain why you constantly harp against it. No wait I fugued it out, you and your cohorts not smart enough to come up your own ideas. Yea thats the ticket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

ReallyNow
12-03-2007, 06:12 PM

I'll take a crack at this one. It's because attempting to undermine the tremendous grassroots, goodwill effort of so many by profiting from something like this makes people more cynical for future efforts. Especially with how this was done last minute- bait and switch. It hurts the community as a whole and therefore should be voiced against to discourage others from doing the same.

Stop justifying someone STARTING A BUSINESS on the backs of a tremendous grassroots effort. It's a money grab plain and simple and will hurt future efforts similar to this one which are well-intentioned.

Mckarnin
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
So you are going to try to find people to work for free for a for profit? :rolleyes:

One of the people on their 5k a week payroll should be able to make videos.

We can make pracitical and informative videos promiting the Ron Paul Blimp Tour. Legally we cannot make videos promoting Ron Paul for President, etc... so that will be up to Ron Paul Supporters.

Katharine Memole
Customer Relations
www.ronpaulblimp.com

slantedview
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok Mr. new member. A response:

I'll take a crack at this one. It's because attempting to undermine the tremendous grassroots, goodwill effort of so many by profiting from something like this makes people more cynical for future efforts. Especially with how this was done last minute- bait and switch. It hurts the community as a whole and therefore should be voiced against to discourage others from doing the same.

Fair enough opinion.

Stop justifying someone STARTING A BUSINESS on the backs of a tremendous grassroots effort.

This business will help ron paul get elected. That's all the justification I need, personally. End of story.

It's a money grab plain and simple
This is speculative BS. Don't post this crap.

Mark
12-03-2007, 06:25 PM
then why are you still here? you seem to spend a lot of time posting about something you're not interested in supporting.

I didn't say I WASN'T before I asked a couple of simple, valid questions.

You know, the only thing I said that anyone believed

is when I said I had no money to donate.

Everything else was called out as junk, but not that.

Maybe I had my fingers crossed and wanted to see how I was treated?

I just tried to take a pic of a random 2 week paycheck that after all taxes
were taken out was.. $3291.46

Almost $3300 in 2 weeks. (I tried to take a pic, but too small and blurry)

And I've been treated like junk because of a couple of simple questions.

"Slanted View", do you think Trevor and Elijah appreciate you insulting someone
who brings home $3300 every 2 weeks?

If it was my business trying to raise Capital, I wouldn't be very happy with your actions.

RobS
12-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Either donate or don't, no one is trying to twist your arm. If your not 100% behind the project then don't donate, there are much easier people to "convert" to donate for this project than yourself, so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with one person.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I didn't say I WASN'T before I asked a couple of simple, valid questions.

You know, the only thing I said that anyone believed

is when I said I had no money to donate.

Everything else was called out as junk, but not that.

Maybe I had my fingers crossed and wanted to see how I was treated?

I just tried to take a pic of a random 2 week paycheck that after all taxes
were taken out was.. $3291.46

Almost $3300 in 2 weeks. (I tried to take a pic, but too small and blurry)

And I've been treated like junk because of a couple of simple questions.

"Slanted View", do you think Trevor and Elijah appreciate you insulting someone
who brings home $3300 every 2 weeks?

If it was my business trying to raise Capital, I wouldn't be very happy with your actions.
mark, first i'm sorry if i came off as attacking you. i'm not. i'm also sorry if you're unhappy with you you've been treated by the blimp folks, though there's nothing i can do about that. all i can say is you're better off taking it up with them (inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com) than posting up and down the forums.

anyways, my actions have nothing to do with the blimp/ad company.

Mark
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Either donate or don't, no one is trying to twist your arm. If your not 100% behind the project then don't donate, there are much easier people to "convert" to donate for this project than yourself, so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with one person.

Well that's a "first" in my case. I've been attacked constantly by new posters.

And if you weren't trying to "convert" me, a potential sponsor, it worked.

Thanks to your nasty attitude towards me. Enough straws. The camel's back is broken.

Mark
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
mark, first i'm sorry if i came off as attacking you. i'm not. i'm also sorry if you're unhappy with you you've been treated by the blimp folks, though there's nothing i can do about that. all i can say is you're better off taking it up with them (inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com) than posting up and down the forums.

anyways, my actions have nothing to do with the blimp/ad company.

One of the purposes of a forum is to ask questions that others might be interested in too.

I know I've read things in all parts of the forum that others have asked that I was interested in too.

Would you rather T&E were sent 200 emails asking the same question,
that they would have to personally answer every time,

or just have the question asked here in the forum,

where one answer could be read by the 200 people?

There's a good reason to ask here rather than emailing them.

francisco
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
... You did not win over one single donation with your actions.

Au contraire.

I myself doubled my contribution, and several posts on the other thread indicate contributions in response to your negativity. If you really are anti-, you should probably quit before you hurt your cause any more.

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
read the post above yours.

Au contraire.

I myself doubled my contribution, and several posts on the other thread indicate contributions in response to your negativity. If you really are anti-, you should probably quit before you hurt your cause any more.