PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Waikiki - can someone verify

surf
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
ok, so we're walking out to catch the sunset and my girlfriend hands this portrait artist working in the lobby of the Waikiki Marriott a slim-jim. after a few mai-tais with dinner (and SJs to the wait staff and valets at the hotel across the street) we returned to our hotel and saw the artist looking it over real good.

i returned to the lobby with some cash and sat down to ask if he would paint the portrait and place it with his other show portrait (Charles Bronson). We talked about Ron and the artist, an arab named Yousseff, told me he really liked what he read and that he'd give me a discount on his usual portrait fee ($50). After talking some more, he said he'd put it in a nice frame - replacing Charles Bronson and keep it there until Christmas.

The next day we went to the UW v Hawaii game and i only saw him for a short time before we left. He had the outline sketch done with "Ron Paul For President" sketched on top and "Hope For America 2008" underneath (or something similar). He told me, "I should be paying you!"

Anyway, got back from Aloha Stadium around midnight and he had finished. Left early Sunday so i don't have a picture of what he drew (or verification).

If you go or are there, let me know.

Mods - feel free to move. i've been away for a bit