PDA

View Full Version : Audit the Fed might get a vote in the Senate!

Matt Collins
01-02-2015, 09:46 AM
This is massive!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/31/federal-reserve-audit-push-gains-momentum-with-rep/

CaptUSA
01-02-2015, 09:58 AM
This is massive!

Well, it's certainly pretty cool that Mitch seems like he's going to bring it up. I wouldn't get your hopes up about it passing though. It will definitely put some people on the record, but they'll make damned sure there are enough "NO" votes. They can't let something like this hit the President's desk.

JK/SEA
01-02-2015, 12:42 PM
dog and pony...

until further notice.

thankyou.

the mgmt.

CPUd
01-02-2015, 03:26 PM
I doubt they will have a problem passing it after some modifications.

enhanced_deficit
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Can it wait till Reid has recovered and returned to service ?

Matt Collins
01-02-2015, 06:32 PM
dog and pony...

until further notice.

thankyou.

the mgmt.
No, incorrect.

Once the recorded vote happens, we will know which Senators we need to put pressure on.

JK/SEA
01-02-2015, 06:34 PM
No, incorrect.

Once the recorded vote happens, we will know which Senators we need to put pressure on.

i shall endeavor to be patient m'lord...

TheTexan
01-02-2015, 06:50 PM
No, incorrect.

Yup. Then we can identify and target the right voters,,put them in buses to voting booth and give them "vote hard" stickers, and we'll win! We'll have the SENATE!

It's going to be glorious!

Matt Collins
01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Yup. Then we can identify and target the right voters,,put them in buses to voting booth and give them "vote hard" stickers, and we'll win! We'll have the SENATE!

It's going to be glorious!You are on the right track.... once we know which Senators will not vote to audit the Fed, then we use that against them in their next upcoming election. If we do it well enough, and on other issues that matter (guns, taxes, abortion, education, right to work, etc) then those Senators will have a very hard time getting reelcted.

A Son of Liberty
01-03-2015, 05:55 AM
I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your endeavor.

Fortunately for you, people like me have spent a fair amount of time educating people around me about the Federal Reserve - most people, if they've even heard of it, have no idea what it is or does - and so when you try to mobilize them to vote based on this issue, you might actually get somewhere. ;)

satchelmcqueen
01-03-2015, 04:53 PM
IF it gets voted down at any stage in the process, when can it be brought back up again for a new vote? in other words, im thinking if it gets voted down before obama leaves office, will that be some what of a strategy to keep it down for good?

Matt Collins
01-05-2015, 05:28 PM
IF it gets voted down at any stage in the process, when can it be brought back up again for a new vote? in other words, im thinking if it gets voted down before obama leaves office, will that be some what of a strategy to keep it down for good?
It takes 67 votes to override a veto