PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Paul before 2008--Florida Absentee Ballots

colecrowe
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Heard on the Situation Room just now--don't know ANYTHING about it yet.

If those figures get released in any way it could help legitimize him, but I doubt they get released.

Start voting, Floridians.

FreeTraveler
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
My wife and I have already decided to go this week to pick up our absentee ballots. We'll be out of town again by the time of the vote, so we get to vote absentee. We'll be among the FIRST to give Dr. Paul a very wonderful CHRISTMAS PRESENT on DECEMBER 25.

RobertJ
12-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe we all should vote absentee ballots if our local voting machines are electronic. At least we would have a paper trail for proof.

SPmachina033
12-03-2007, 11:41 PM
What do I need to do to get an absentee ballot? I'm from Lake County but currently attend FSU. Do I need to go to the Republican HQ in my county when I am home for Christmas or can I do it online?

colecrowe
12-04-2007, 01:04 AM
bump

SPmachina033 >>>
What do I need to do to get an absentee ballot? I'm from Lake County but currently attend FSU. Do I need to go to the Republican HQ in my county when I am home for Christmas or can I do it online?

Thanehand
12-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I've voted by absentee in the last few elections. It used to be easier to get them (I seem to recall that they just sent them out), but now you have to exert some effort.

For Orange county, you can request one by first filling out a request form ( http://www.ocfelections.com/Absentee/Abs%20Req.htm ) and getting the information to the Supervisor of Elections in one of the following manners. I'm sure other counties have the same scenario.

Call:

(407) 836-2070

Fax the form to:

(407) 254-6598

Mail the form to:

Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 562001
Orlando, FL 32856-2001

Make sure you circle the correct elections: "Presidential Preference Primary- January 29, 2008" and/or "General Election- November 4, 2008."

A request for an absentee ballot to be mailed must be received in the Supervisor's office no later than 5:00 pm on the 6th day before the election.

I received the "due-date" information in the mail with my new voter registration card. However, the note also says that "Florida laws have changed for 2006." My wife's registration info excludes the year. Looks like some paperwork hasn't been updated :) DO IT EARLIER, rather than later in any case just to be sure.

LynnB
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Maybe we all should vote absentee ballots if our local voting machines are electronic. At least we would have a paper trail for proof.

They have a tendency to misplace these here...

terryp
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Here is the Lake County, Fl site

http://elections.lakecountyfl.gov/Default.asp