PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Rudy

kylejack
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Annoying Rudy

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2007/12/annoying_rudy.html

My response:

This dates back to the first Fox News debate, when Rudy Giuliani violated the debate format and interjected while Ron Paul was speaking to critique Ron Paul's answer to a question. The Fox News moderators did little to stop him, but regardless, he was still speaking out of turn. Furthermore, Ron Paul supporters found the actual content of his comments pretty offensive. In later debates, Rudy Giuliani could be heard laughing repeatedly while Ron Paul responded to questions. Rudy apparently does not believe that "blowback" exists, so Ron Paul supporters are demonstrating the concept for him. Rude? Absolutely. But Ron Paul supporters are not too concerned with Giuliani's feelings.

JoeySweets
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I wonder how Paul's supporters would feel if a bunch of Giuliani folks showed up and made a nuisance of themselves while the good Dr. was speaking.

not enought Rudy people would be willing to do that.

Adamsa
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Starting to get out of hand really...

Edward
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
You know, I have mixed feeling about trailing Rudy around but you're right in that it might help him to grasp the concept of "blowback".

kylejack
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I think its a fantastic idea, so long as they tone it down a bit.

10thAmendmentMan
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I wonder how Paul's supporters would feel if a bunch of Giuliani folks showed up and made a nuisance of themselves while the good Dr. was speaking.

WHAT Rudy supporters?!

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 04:17 PM
it was OUR meeting time, fuck Rudy

RPinSEAZ
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Rudy is going down hard, with or without us. The only question is will some of those supporters move over to Ron Paul, or will they go to another neo-con candidates. I don't think we'll convert many supporters by harassing their flavor of the month.

kylejack
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Rudy is going down hard, with or without us. The only question is will some of those supporters move over to Ron Paul, or will they go to another neo-con candidates. I don't think we'll convert many supporters by harassing their flavor of the month.

We're taking most of our new support from Rudy. He falls as we rise. That's because, in my opinion, his supporters are the least informed, and are just saying his name because they recognize his name...once they look into him, they drop him.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 04:22 PM

Unless Fox News tells them where to go, they're lost. My father-in-law is a perfect example of this. Soooooooo afraid of the boogeyman. They're in your back yard, you know.

torchbearer
12-03-2007, 04:23 PM
it was OUR meeting time, fuck Rudy

Amen.

Buggan
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Things like these does not help the campaign :/ Rudy Giluiani might not be the best person in the world but I think things like these hurts us more than it hurts him.

The biggest problem this campaign faces is that we to some people don't come off as serious, this has to change.

torchbearer
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Unless Fox News tells them where to go, they're lost. My father-in-law is a perfect example of this. Soooooooo afraid of the boogeyman. They're in your back yard, you know.

The government rules by fear.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/893011/OMFG-ONOZ.gif

There are many on this board that are still afraid... they are like Natalie Portman's character on V for Vendetta before she was placed into solitary confinement until she was no longer afraid to die. Once you get to that point you truly become free, regardless of the police state. You are still free, you just have to find the courage to exercise your rights without fear.

nullvalu
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/893011/OMFG-ONOZ.gif

hahaha i love that animation
so true what you said

ursamajor
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
It's not just Rudy though. I know that a lot of people went out for Fred Thompson when he came. So they aren't being selective. I doubt most of these people even know who Ron Paul is! So first impressions are incredibly important. It seems that a few scuffles broke out, we destroyed Rudy's press and that it was a marginal sucess. It could have been better, but... I think most of us are beginners. And yeah... I would LOVE to see 1,000 Rudy supporters show up to see the doctor speak. Good luck.