PDA

View Full Version : Fallacy of the Rape Culture - Wendy McElroy

Todd
12-30-2014, 02:39 PM
http://libertypenblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/video-wendy-mcelroy-fallacy-of-rape.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_ty5jKkX0

At the risk of starting a crap storm over such a sensitive subject, I thought this was a great video presentation with a strong argument in favor of destroying the fallacy. I don't make light of rape and I think it's fair that Ms. McElroy doesn't either.

Antischism
12-30-2014, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't take anything she says seriously. Prior studies she's cited to back up her conclusions have been either faulty/problematic, or trumped by better, more current data.

tod evans
12-30-2014, 04:30 PM
What does she have to say Todd?

I'm not going to watch the video right now.

PaulConventionWV
12-30-2014, 04:32 PM
//

Feeding the Abscess
12-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Same feminist garbage you've always heard with the same bad statistics.

She spoke against modern feminism and the idea of rape culture in the west. You could not have missed the mark further if you tried.

jmdrake
12-30-2014, 10:03 PM
She spoke against modern feminism and the idea of rape culture in the west. You could not have missed the mark further if you tried.

Yeah. PCWV must not have watched the video. It was pretty good actually.

BuddyRey
12-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Great video...deserves a bump!

Todd
12-31-2014, 06:21 AM

holy schnikes......you didn't even watch it did you?

What does she have to say Todd?

I'm not going to watch the video right now.

She didn't push the Feminist b.s. as we know it.

1. Emphasized the importance of using personal responsibility for the Individual who commits acts of rape and discounts how the leftist Feminism blames society and culture.

2. Called out those that throw out statistics for the "rape culture".

3. Traced the stats back to a book by Margo Maine called Body Wars. Ms Maine, when challenged, couldn't produce any evidence to support her funny stats.

tod evans
12-31-2014, 06:36 AM
It's worth the 12 min. out of your life just because she points out how "people" try to manipulate others.

This same technique is used in all forms of mass media though not just the supposed "rape culture".

Sad thing is if Boobus is fed the data from a glowing plastic box he's apt to take it as gospel...

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Lol....

In this video, a self-proclaimed libertarian feminist says, all the feminists are wrong and their stats are bogus. PCWV replies:

Now that right there is funny.

PaulConventionWV
12-31-2014, 09:07 AM

Oh... My bad, then.

I watched the first 30 seconds or so before getting bored because that's what it sounded like. She opened saying she was a feminist and talking about rape stories, and I'll admit, I thought I knew what she was going to say after that. Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

I'll watch it again when I get time.

PaulConventionWV
12-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Lol....

In this video, a self-proclaimed libertarian feminist says, all the feminists are wrong and their stats are bogus. PCWV replies:

Now that right there is funny.

Lol I guess I just had one too many beers. I'll take another look soon.

Voluntarist
12-31-2014, 12:17 PM
xxxxx

Voluntarist
01-06-2015, 09:56 AM
xxxxx

PaulConventionWV
01-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Following up on this story. It appears that Brown University has requested that Wendy McElroy take down the YouTube video of her portion of the debate with Jessica Valenti - and Wedny did comply with the request from Brown. Jessica Valenti, herself, had previously contacted YouTube directly to have the video removed.

However, for your entertainment, there is now a Downfall Parody (http://meemsy.com/v/26620)of the event

That's funny, but I really wish I could watch the whole thing.