PDA

View Full Version : Cop Whose Body Cam Footage Showed him Call a Dog Over and Kill It, Was Just Cleared of Charges

Cissy
12-30-2014, 01:25 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-body-cam-footage-showed-call-dog-kill-it-cleared-charges/

Cleburne, TX — A sickening video was uploaded to facebook in October of a Cleburne Police officer calling a dog towards him and then shooting it.

The video was from officer Kevin Dupre’s body cam which caught this gruesome act of animal cruelty.

Darryl Neathery, the person that originally uploaded this video to Facebook, said on his Facebook page that, “The CPD said the dog was being aggressive. I know the dogs personally, and I assure you they knew nothing about aggression.”

At the end of the video you can hear the police radio chime in as the officer is apparently about to report the death of this dog.

We do not know the events prior to this 22 second video, but from what we can see in the video, this was seemingly not self-defense. It looked like a sadistic “puppycide.”

The CPD originally released the following statement about the video.

The City is obviously concerned about the video showing an officer shooting a dog. As is often the case, the short video does not tell the whole story.

The officer was responding to a 911 call for assistance. Three dogs had pinned some residents in a vehicle. One dog was secured without incident before the shooting.

The officer was attempting to secure the other dogs until animal control arrived when one dog became aggressive.

The City of Cleburne takes the safety of our residents, their pets, and our officers seriously. This incident is currently under review.

The review will include interviews with witnesses and review of department policies. Once the review is concluded, any actions that may be warranted will be handled swiftly and appropriately.

The Cleburne Police Department is seeking the public’s help if anyone observed this incident, please contact the Professional Standards Unit at 817.556.8884.

Now, according to the Cleburne Times, an independent investigator has found that officer Dupre was justified in the shooting of Maximus.

The city is now revising their dog encounter policies for officers, as well as the city’s leash laws, and are pushing for legislation to require mandatory dog training for all law enforcement personnel.

The report was released Saturday during a press conference at city hall.

“We have a 28-page report,” Mayor Scott Cain said. “One of the most thorough reports of an investigation that I have seen. The long and short of it is that at the end of his conclusion he found that the officer did not violate any laws and that he was justified in the shooting.”

Below is the video: Warning Extremely Graphic

The family of the slain dog, ‘Maximus’ started a support page for the dog, called Justice for Maximus.

On the page they have posted photos, such as the one above which shows the calm demeanor of this dog.

You can see it here. Sadly, it seems that there will be no justice, for Maximus.

phill4paul
12-30-2014, 01:49 PM
It actually happened over a week ago. Still, it's worth repeating. They're are all crooked and will defend their own.

chudrockz
12-30-2014, 04:17 PM
I saw this on FB last week and joined the group "Justice for Maximus." I think there was a petition I signed regarding the incident also. As usual, an "independent" investigation found no wrongdoing. I wonder how blatant the wrongdoing would have to be to be declared as such? :(

SeanTX
12-30-2014, 04:45 PM
The owners said they forgive the officer and that they are okay with the outcome (some extra training for the PD) -- so it's all good.

Of course, who knows, they may be saying that knowing that nothing was going to happen anyway with police investigating themselves, and it's not a good idea to piss off the biggest street gang in town.

I'll bet the officer enjoyed his long paid-vacay -- usually you have to gun down a two-legged animal to earn that perk.

DamianTV
12-30-2014, 05:12 PM
It should be plainly obvious by now that some Cops do not have any more regard for human life than they do of any animals life. They execute a thousand humans a year, and probably just as many canines. Rarely are they ever held accountable for either.

INB4AF

DO NOT CALL THE COPS

Most importantly, besides the safety of all living things involved in a 911 call is that you most likely do NOT need to call the Cops to resolve 99% of differences. People need to stop calling 911 when Facebook goes down. Dont call the Cops if your neighbors dog is barking. Do not call 911 to ask stupid questions, like "how long do I cook a Christmas Turkey". Things like a Heart Attack, proceed at your own risk. It is probably best to make 911 aware that Officer involvement is not required as it is a Medical situation, not a Legal situation. House is on fire? Unfortunately, you'll probably need the Fire Department. But you dont need Cops to put out a literal Fire. I doubt that Cops will help either should said Fire be caused by Arson. The Cops will need the Arsonist to remain at large and to do as much damage to us as possible so they can continue to validate their existence. They rarely catch the people that steal stuff. The purpose of Cops is to oppress YOU, not to protect you. They are NOT there to "do their job". They are NOT there to "help". Oppression IS the job of Cops, and unfortunately, it is tied to the same 911 that dispatches Medical and Fire assistance.

Is it any wonder why we dont hear about Fireman Brutality? We do hear about Medical Malpractice, and lots of that has to do with Insurance, but not "intentionally malicious". Many Cops (not all) are "intentionally malicious" and hide behind their Shields and Badges to excuse their actions. Firefighters have no reason to become violent when a persons house is in flames. When these "intentionally malicious" Cops show up at a Fire, and they have a glass of water, they'd drink it before they would use that water to try to salvage your home.

Do NOT call the Cops, especially for stupid shit.

otherone
12-30-2014, 06:40 PM
//are pushing for legislation to require mandatory dog training for all law enforcement personnel.

http://www.dogproblems.com/wp-content/uploads/manindogcrate.jpg

It's a start.

A Son of Liberty
12-30-2014, 08:04 PM
The owners said they forgive the officer and that they are okay with the outcome (some extra training for the PD) -- so it's all good.

Of course, who knows, they may be saying that knowing that nothing was going to happen anyway with police investigating themselves, and it's not a good idea to piss off the biggest street gang in town.

I'll bet the officer enjoyed his long paid-vacay -- usually you have to gun down a two-legged animal to earn that perk.

I'd bet the farm the owners are card-carrying Republicans.

jmdrake
12-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Sad for the dog, but LOL at the story. Yes, body cameras will save us. :rolleyes: I support gun cams and dash cams. They won't save us either but at least they don't create a surveillance network everywhere a cop is. Unless and until people finally get mad as hell about some of this stuff nothing will change. We don't need new evidence. We need a way to change the dialog. Still trying to think of something myself.