PDA

View Full Version : What's your 2016 plan?

Bryan
12-29-2014, 09:34 AM
The 2016 elections are next in line and it's not too early to be thinking about a plan for being involved, ones goal here should be to help shape the world not just be a victim of it. Figuring out the who, where, what and "how much to do" however is the crux of good planning and will make a huge difference in the pay-back of your precise resources of time and money.

Some open questions for site members...

While 2016 is a presentational election year, how much will you focus on it vs. other local races?
Are there any strong up-and-coming congressional candidates that are worth supporting?
Will you work to be a national delegate for your district?
Have you networked with other liberty supporters in your district to build a local plan?
Beyond being a delegate, what actions will have the best payback for supporting a presidential candidate, such as Rand Paul?
Are you working to become an expert in some area that is of value to advancing liberty?
What other questions should one be asking?

Onward!

philipped
12-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Will you work to be a national delegate for your district? - how do I do this?

Ronin Truth
12-29-2014, 01:30 PM

Tod
12-29-2014, 02:16 PM
No plans for 2016. Have concluded that elections are just scams to fool the slaves into thinking they run the plantation.

Natural Citizen
12-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Hm. Good question. I'll more likely focus on issues rather than seats. Will have initiatives in many areas of the nation happening and education relative to the process itself is critical. Of course, there is much to be said for this. It's a lot of work, really. But its how we generate accountability that demands it right back. Have to learn to walk before we run. Right?

Natural Citizen
12-29-2014, 02:26 PM
No plans for 2016. Have concluded that elections are just scams to fool the slaves into thinking they run the plantation.

Tod, you know, you take a guy like Ron Paul who is retired from political service and if we look at what he's doing, he's getting more done now that he's out of office than he ever did. And he has a global audience. An informed audience at that. One that is removed from the sideshow that is the very model of the mainstream. Being able to focus on the things that he finds important has allowed him to get more done now than he ever did. He's communicating in a broad way. You know? While in office, he had to cater to every person and their pet peeves on a daily basis. And so this is why political people don't ever get anything practical done. Counting seats, as I'd mentioned previously, simply doesn't get it done in the way that counting the issues does.

So, I suppose that I know what you mean in an off sort of way.

Now, that is not to say that there isn't anything to be accomplished by becoming a delegate or providing a similar function in the election process. There certainly is. But the path holds many forks along the way until the road comes together again. In fact, the road may not come together again without them. And so that's an interesting phenomenon in itself.

jjdoyle
12-29-2014, 02:29 PM

I think I'm going to continue to focus locally, and spreading ideas of indepence that are easier for some to implement by themselves than through the government. Though, I will continue to help candidates with messaging and having fun Photoshopping stuff and video editing videos when asked or if a request arises.

Uriah
12-29-2014, 02:33 PM
As far as I can tell right now there will be no quality candidates on the local level in my area. I will work for the best liberty candidate on the national / presidential level. I will start with the Iowa straw poll and then the caucus. The best candidate will most likely be Rand Paul.I will do my best to make sure the liberty candidate for president wins my county. That's about the best I can do from where I am. I'm not sure if I will be a national delegate to the RNC but I will be a delegate up to the state convention.

William Tell
12-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Will you work to be a national delegate for your district? - how do I do this?

It depends on the State. You should talk with either your local GOP, or some Florida liberty person to find out how the process works.

Matt Collins
12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Here is some of the best training one can take in order to help advance the cause of liberty:

www.facltraining.org/facl2/school-signup.htm (http://www.facltraining.org/facl2/school-signup.htm)

and

http://www.leadershipinstitute.org/training/

cajuncocoa
12-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Not sure yet. I've done a lot of phone banking from home for Ron in 2008 and 2012, and I did that for another campaign in 2004. I also donated lots of money in all of those campaigns. I'm pretty burned out and disillusioned, to be honest...and I don't have the funds to donate a lot anymore.

Matt Collins
12-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Have concluded that elections are just scams to fool the slaves into thinking they run the plantation.Your conclusion is wrong.

Elections are what determines who gets to control the government.

Matt Collins
12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Not sure yet. I've done a lot of phone banking from home for Ron in 2008 and 2012, If you can't be on the ground in the target states going door-to-door, then this is the next best thing. Thank you for your hard work, because phone banking is one of the activities that help us win.

Natural Citizen
12-29-2014, 03:53 PM
If you can't be on the ground in the target states going door-to-door, then this is the next best thing. Thank you for your hard work, because phone banking is one of the activities that help us win.

Phone banking (even though its really not "banking" like in candidate elections) has proven successful in the area of awareness with regard to ballot initiatives and that kind of thing too. Very successful. And, of course, we define success in broad ways. The ability to stimulate people to become active in the issues themselves has shown to produce elevated activity with regard to education relative to those initiatives as well as promote physical drive to take advantage of that particular pathway for citizens who wish to bring forth their own bills. All aspects too. Legal, networking, basically process as a whole whereas our representatives don't even take the time to read the things, much less provide a position on them aside from a yea or a nay in the wee hours of midnight. Is naive to think that change is only accomplished by way of who gets a seat in office, Matt. I know that you will disagree but that just is what it is. You're free to disagree.

And, really, this is one of the issues that I have with your classes. What they do, after screening people on specific issues, is that they take young people who were stimulated to become active in that way based upon their individual perception of the issues and causes that they hold dear as a result of becoming introduced to Ron and others and they train them to start pushing the issues that the educators themselves view as important and happen to be aligned with their own vision to scope. Right to work and that kind of thing. And so then what happens is that these young people who were compelled to go that route never truly ever get to function in the way that they thought that they would. They lose the connection to the issues that brought them to make the move in the first place. And I've always wondered if Ron knew what was/is happening when young people came to him and ask him what they could do to help his cause or to promote the issues that they happen to agree with him on. Things that he believes that they have decided that they, too, would like to see evolve into dialogue at the next level. When Ron sends these youth your way, does he know that very little of the things that he has fought for or those same things that these youth have learned from him is never really even worked toward? You have to admit that most who teach these classes actually disagree with many of Ron's positions. Specifically with regard to foreign policy. I doubt that the issue is even ever discussed. Right?

I suppose that the classes could be beneficial in some way but I'd maintain that they also create a conflict of interest between young people who look to learn how to become involved with the issues that they hold dear an those who teach the classes who may have other things in mind. Personal political goals that they would rather use these youth for. I think its a shame that this happens. And I know that you know that this does happen. And this kind of thing is really what leads me to go another path. Youth musn't be dissuaded from expecting accountbility on the issues themselves.

Matt Collins
12-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Is naive to think that change is only accomplished by way of who gets a seat in office, Matt. I know that you will disagree but that just is what it is. You're free to disagree.No, I don't disagree.... but political change consists of two parts: election season and legislative season. In legislative season, if they don't do what you want, then there must be a price for bad behavior during election season.

phill4paul
12-29-2014, 04:29 PM
If you can't be on the ground in the target states going door-to-door, then this is the next best thing. Thank you for your hard work, because phone banking is one of the activities that help us win.

http://www.2beauty.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/passout.gif

+rep. Was that really so hard?

jjdoyle
12-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Your conclusion is wrong.

In front of the curtain, yes. The "show" part to keep people entertained. So the conclusion is not wrong, but the analogy maybe.

CaptainAmerica
12-29-2014, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3oDClmpvM8Y

Just put Mozart's requiem on repeat.

Natural Citizen
12-29-2014, 06:21 PM
No, I don't disagree.... but political change consists of two parts: election season and legislative season. In legislative season, if they don't do what you want, then there must be a price for bad behavior during election season.

PAC structure is degrading pack structure. And so that is about as nutshell as I can say it. I don't like PAC structure. It contradicts what you're saying here.

Ronin Truth
12-30-2014, 08:43 AM

Elections do no such thing.

Ronin Truth
12-30-2014, 08:50 AM
No, I don't disagree.... but political change consists of two parts: election season and legislative season. In legislative season, if they don't do what you want, then there must be a price for bad behavior during election season.

And the biannual CONgress re-election rate is? And the current and long term CONgress activity approval rating is? And the annual CONgress activity bill for the taxpayers is?

Earth to Matt. Come in Matt. What planet are you on, Matt?

William Tell
12-30-2014, 09:28 AM
The 2016 elections are next in line and it's not too early to be thinking about a plan for being involved, ones goal here should be to help shape the world not just be a victim of it. Figuring out the who, where, what and "how much to do" however is the crux of good planning and will make a huge difference in the pay-back of your precise resources of time and money.

Some open questions for site members...

While 2016 is a presentational election year, how much will you focus on it vs. other local races?
Most of my resources will be spent on local races. Since I live in Texas, I expect I will be able to have a good effect on legislative races, we have won some seats and should win some more.

Are there any strong up-and-coming congressional candidates that are worth supporting? I don't know of any by name yet, but I'm sure there will be.

I'm not sure yet, it depends who runs for delegate positions. I certainly want to make sure liberty delegates represent me.

Have you networked with other liberty supporters in your district to build a local plan?

Not specifically for Rand's campaign, but I know a lot of local liberty supporters and we will pick up where we left off with the midterms

Beyond being a delegate, what actions will have the best payback for supporting a presidential candidate, such as Rand Paul
That's a good question, ultimately building your local liberty movement, and networking with others is probably the most important thing I think. I would like to hear what other people here think too.

Are you working to become an expert in some area that is of value to advancing liberty?]

not exactly, I try to learn new things though .

What other questions should one be asking?
We should be asking how these forums in particular can best advance liberty. We should ask how the Grassroots can own this election cycle, and come out better prepared for future battles even if we lose some big ones in 2016.

Ronin Truth
12-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Putting more band-aids on a broken corrupt criminal system MAY manage to prolong the agony some, and buy you some more time for whoever knows whatever. <shrug> :p

William Tell
12-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Putting more band-aids on a broken corrupt criminal system MAY manage to prolong the agony some, and buy you some more time for whoever knows whatever. <shrug> :p

Do you have anything useful to add? I realize you think politics is ineffective, but do you think there is something the movement should focus on? Anything?

This is grassroots central sub forum, its about trying to get stuff done.

jeffro97
12-30-2014, 04:56 PM

I'll probably focus more statewide and local. Don't get me wrong, I'll throw whatever I can behind Rand, but I've got to help Liberty in Florida.

Are there any strong up-and-coming congressional candidates that are worth supporting?

To my knowledge, no. I live in a CD where the Democrat hasn't been challenged since he first one in 2010.

Nope. Too young. Not involved in the party enough. Some time maybe in the future.

Not yet. Definitely on my list of things to do this year though.

Beyond being a delegate, what actions will have the best payback for supporting a presidential candidate, such as Rand Paul?

I think it's phonebanking and just meeting with people. I did a lot of phonbanking (for Romney before my awakening back in 2013). Suckish candidate, but still did get a lot of good responses from people.

Are you working to become an expert in some area that is of value to advancing liberty?

I'm working on it. I don't have much time to do so, but I'm trying.

Ronin Truth
12-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Do you have anything useful to add? I realize you think politics is ineffective, but do you think there is something the movement should focus on? Anything?

Progress and a better world, neither of which is ever coming through politics NOR out of D.C..

TheTexan
12-30-2014, 06:09 PM
There are a lot of exciting races this year. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm planning on voting extra hard, even more than usual.

pcosmar
12-30-2014, 09:44 PM

Bullshit.

Those who run government are not elected,, nor are affected by elections.

fisharmor
12-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Well, I've been told constantly for almost four years now that Rand has a grand plan to hoodwink the Republican party establishment into supporting him.

Is that no longer the plan?

Matt Collins
12-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Bullshit.

Those who run government are not elected,, nor are affected by elections.
Actually they do.

Bryan
12-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Putting forth your efforts some place other than electoral politics is certainly understandable; two points on this...

1. I repeat, "ones goal here should be to help shape the world not just be a victim of it." - this certainly doesn't mean electoral politics as there are other things one can do.
2. All methods to advance out Mission Statement are welcome here but one should not hijack electoral politics discussions by discouraging involvement in electoral politics.

As to the degree of how much elections change the government, I would agree some with both sides of the argument here. Elections can change the government, some of that isn't as direct as it might otherwise seem however. Some of it is giving liberty reps a platform to stand on. Conversely, it was well documented / discussed how hard-core Fed policy was never a serious political issue... until Ron Paul changed that in 2008. So in a lot of ways, elections won't change anything unless liberty supporters make it a strong point to make that happen. Problems aren't going to fix themselves with a new Congress... winning is just step one (even though it's not an easy step). Regardless, elections are a good way to get the liberty message out to everyday people as they get interested in the elections.

Nope. Too young. Not involved in the party enough. Some time maybe in the future.

I think it's phonebanking and just meeting with people. I did a lot of phonbanking (for Romney before my awakening back in 2013). Suckish candidate, but still did get a lot of good responses from people.
jeffro97, I'd be interested to hear your awakening story (in another thread :)). Glad you are here. Also, don't consider age as a factor. GOP types do really like younger people involved, with the right foundation and buildup you can do amazing things. I've seen it.

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Leverage my lifetime collection of plastic grocery bags, duct tape and coat hangers to build RP Blimp v2.0 :D

-t

tony m
12-31-2014, 11:57 AM

Electoral involvement is important. Very small percentage of people want to get involved in it. Those that don't want to, should be encouraged to be involved in how they want to be. We lose too many people by pushing them.

We need media. Backpack run-n-gun journalist equipment is inexpensive now. A professional looking indie media network can be done; equipment wise and with the individuals themselves. Smartphones; will not get access as a media outlet, have important people let you interview them or have people wanting you to interview them.

jeffro97
12-31-2014, 12:08 PM
jeffro97, I'd be interested to hear your awakening story (in another thread :)). Glad you are here. Also, don't consider age as a factor. GOP types do really like younger people involved, with the right foundation and buildup you can do amazing things. I've seen it.

I'll post it in the Liberty Activism thread, or do you just want me to send a PM?

Yeah, I did notice they really liked having some young people there. It was me, my brother, and at the breakfasts, about maybe 10 other high school aged kids. None from my school. One of them was the head of the Young Republicans at my brothers school, and he my brother was actually the VP of that club, but that got disbanded right before the 2013 Election (principle was fan of them). Now they have some Political Union club sponsored by Yale that really hasn't done anything.

There was talk between a few friends at my school about maybe starting a YAL club there, since they also have some HS chapters, but the school was a big Democrat hotspot. There wasn't much interest in it from regular kids. Would've been nice, but the sustainability wasn't there really. But yeah, getting back to the main point, they did like the younger kids being around. Sure, most of them from what I know (minus my brother) were much more friendly to liberty, but the rest of the hierarchy and older folks were more establishment. Thus the reason for the big commotion at the Virginia Beach (my then home) convention back in 2013 (there's a thread in the Virginia sub-forum on this).

ZakCarter
12-31-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm working on making Ben Swann's Truth in Media Project as big as possible by the time 2016 gets here... and in 2016 I'll also be working on this -

http://opendebates2016.com/

Want to pitch in? I can best be reached at zakcarter@benswann.com

tangent4ronpaul
01-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Zak, this part of your plan won't work:

The plan is to create demand for the candidates to be included in the CPD’s events. If they don’t allow them to their debate, we hope the entire country will become very aware of the fraud, and we’ll publicly invite the democrat and republican candidates to our platform while we continue hosting debates with our remaining candidates on the same nights the CPD’s are held to include the VP’s. We would ignore them just as they’ve ignored the disenfranchised party and independent candidates.

See the problem? You are guaranteeing a scheduling conflict for the invited D and R candidates, so won't attend the alternative debate. That also ensures low broadcast interest and the MSM will have penciled in their own spin and regurgitation of the official debates. It would probably get a mention in passing.

You also have to draw a line somewhere. With 20 candidates on stage, that's 6 minutes each in a 2 hour slot, including questions and rebuttals.

Is there any reason the League of Woman voters isn't on the list of organizations? They have incredible pull.

-t

Champ
01-05-2015, 05:37 PM

This pretty much sums it up for me. I worked hard, like a lot of people here, in both 2008 and 2012, but it became painfully obvious what we are fighting against. I'm not giving up, but also not following the same course of action. Working locally with like minded individuals on side projects possibly within politics, but mainly outside of politics, seems like the better option at this point in order to educate and push the message of non-violence, NAP, non-coercion, and free market systems.

I<3Liberty
01-05-2015, 06:24 PM
I would like to do more and get involved in local politics, but I'm going to move after graduation. I'll have to get reacquainted and see what opportunities are available.

We definitely need to devote equal attention to the presidential election and local elections. Since the chances the next LP presidential candidate has a virtually nonexistent chance of winning, I would rather see more effort go into Rand. I have a bad feeling he won't be the nominee, the GOP candidate will be another joke who loses by a landslide. This is coming from an optimist BTW. I'm just trying to be real here. It's difficult to decide exactly what we should and can do, but I do feel options are limited b/c of the two party system and its' faithful sheeple.

navy-vet
01-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Hell, Bryan, I'm just struggling to make it to 2016!

Anti Federalist
01-12-2015, 07:57 PM
1 - Do whatever I can to torpedo a Romney run.

2 - Write in Ron Paul again.

3 - Donate to get Shem Kellog re-elected (even though, from all appearances, he has utterly abandoned RPF...typical politician?).

mosquitobite
01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
While 2016 is a presentational election year, how much will you focus on it vs. other local races? I will be focusing locally. Indiana Rs elect precinct committeemen in 2016. This is more important in the long run than one man at 1600 Pennsylvania.

Are there any strong up-and-coming congressional candidates that are worth supporting? Not currently, but working on that!

Will you work to be a national delegate for your district? I will run for state delegate, but our state has the nationals LOCKED up. See point #1 (why that is more important)

Have you networked with other liberty supporters in your district to build a local plan? Locally, regionally and state wide.

Beyond being a delegate, what actions will have the best payback for supporting a presidential candidate, such as Rand Paul? Running for precinct committeemen.

Are you working to become an expert in some area that is of value to advancing liberty? Yes, I've ran for office and might again this year. I think this will help build my experience and knowledge for campaign management.

What other questions should one be asking? If not you, then who?

Onward!

See above!

mosquitobite
01-12-2015, 08:51 PM
PAC structure is degrading pack structure. And so that is about as nutshell as I can say it. I don't like PAC structure. It contradicts what you're saying here.

^ yes.

Southron
01-12-2015, 09:09 PM
I will hopefully find some state candidates to support here in NC.

torchbearer
01-12-2015, 09:12 PM
u mean april 2015 plan?

Keith and stuff
01-12-2015, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE] While 2016 is a presentational election year, how much will you focus on it vs. other local races?
Mostly local. Almost all local unless Paul or Walker is the nominee.

Don't know what that is. I should be on the state committee and will push liberty folks from state delegate all the way up to President.

Recruiting and training dozens of candidates, and helping the folks running LibertyBallot.com

Bryan
01-16-2015, 07:36 PM
u mean april 2015 plan?

:) There are many steps along the path to 2016, and they will vary by state. Good post. Bump for more....

Some good responses...

RJB
01-16-2015, 08:22 PM
I plan on hanging out on the forum and arguing with people more intensely.

RJB
01-16-2015, 08:27 PM
I did everything from phone calls, handing out fliers, did some writing... The one thing I did that made me feel very dirty was registering republican.

Thinking of getting back to the grind makes me think of seeing an old person struggling to stand up after sitting too long. I have become quite a keyboard commando.

We had a very good Ron Paul Meet up group where I live. I think the first thing I'm going to do is get in touch with some of the old crew and see what's on the agenda.

I do understand Tod's sentiment. I'm a lot more cynical about politics these days

RonPaulIsGreat
01-19-2015, 01:45 AM
About a year ago, was thinking would donate and try to help Rand. But now, I'm in the camp of naw, let the motherfucker burn. Hillary 2016!.

So, from that perspective, I have pretty well enough cash socked away to buy a place in the country, if catch a good deal, from there just going to work on what I want to work on which is solar system, well water, garden. That should cover the next presidents first term. I'm good.

XTreat
02-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Like most everyone else here I put A LOT of effort, time, energy, and MONEY into RP 2012. I can't believe it's almost time to start it all over again.

I likely won't be near as involved as before, I'll throw Rand some money on MB's and vote in the primary and general (if he makes it). I talk a lot to the people around me at work and the gym.

I am pretty burnt out on the whole thing to be honest. I like Rand, he's ok, but Ron inspired me.

I can't do much locally because I am a FL resident who lives in GA and I wouldn't even change that for Ron because I like not paying state income taxes too much.

I will likely be more active on the forums and donate to any causes that show up here.