PDA

View Full Version : MD - FBI Agent shoots and kills woman's dog at park.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Read and see what the four year old has to say.

From the mouths of babes.

FBI investigating fatal dog shooting in Glen Burnie park

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-checker/anne-arundel-crime/fbi-investigating-fatal-dog-shooting-in-glen-burnie-park

2:56 PM, Dec 27, 2014

GLEN BURNIE, Md. - An FBI agent shot and killed a dog in a park in Glen Burnie Friday morning after, a spokeswoman from the bureau said, the dog broke free from its owner and attacked the agent’s dog.

Carol Feldhaus still had blood on her hands when Anne Arundel County police began setting up crime scene caution tape across a footbridge near Hopkfins Corner in a Glen Burnie park.

Feldhaus was in town visiting her daughter for the holidays.

She said she was walking her daughter’s 5-year-old great Dane, named Fynn, alongside her 4-year-old grandson Friday morning.

Feldhaus, who was on the bridge at the same time as the man who she says shot the dog, yelled to the man to wait until she and her grandson crossed.

“I turned around this guy just kept coming and Fynn the great Dane jerked and pulled me down,” Feldhaus said.

Feldhaus was pulled off her feet by the powerful dog, she said.

“I heard the dogs barking at each other and growl,” Feldhaus continued. “Next thing I heard was bam-bam! And I'm half way up and the dog just walks to me and drops and there's blood everywhere. I was in shock and I said ‘you shot the dog?’ And he said he was an undercover cop and he was protecting his dog.”

Amy Thoreson, a spokeswoman for the FBI, sent the following statement:

There was an FBI Agent involved in an incident in Glen Burnie this morning. Initial information is that an approximately 180 pound dog broke free from the woman walking it along a footpath near Hopkins Corner and attacked a much smaller dog. An Agent shot and killed the larger dog. No one else was hurt. We are working jointly with Anne Arundel County PD, as well as the Inspection Division from FBI Headquarters to investigate. This is an ongoing matter, and will have more information as soon as we gather more details.

Feldhaus admitted that the great Dane did some damage to the dog.

Feldhaus said she understood why another dog owner would want to protect their own dog but questions his use of a gun in that situation.

“Pulling a gun and shooting another dog in a park -- what is wrong with this man?” she said.

Amanda Ericson, the dog’s owner, described Fynn as a gentle giant and said he has never attacked another dog before. Ericson added that she grew up with big dogs and has separated two dogs fighting without resorting to violence. She said she believed that Fynn could've been acting protective of her 4-year-old son.

“Kick dogs or pull them apart but to shoot them right in front of my mother,” she began.

Feldhaus added, “’If I had a gun I would have shot the man’", that's what my grandson is saying and that's not what I want. Not at all.”

(Too late Nana. - AF)

Ericson continued, “my mom and my son need therapy. My mom feels like she was almost shot. My son saw my dog get shot while my mother was laying on the ground.”

Feldhaus said she would never forget this Christmas.

The investigation into the dog’s death is ongoing.

Dr.3D
12-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Does this mean I can shoot a cop's dog if it attacks mine?

phill4paul
12-28-2014, 10:29 PM

That's the conclusion I come to reading this.

satchelmcqueen
12-28-2014, 10:39 PM

no sir! cop dogs are cops themselves. to shoot one would insure that YOU get shot for killing a "cop". if not shot you would rot in jail for killing a "cop". they can shoot your dog but you cannot shoot theirs. pppssssttttt! newbie!! lol

KCIndy
12-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Feldhaus added, “’If I had a gun I would have shot the man’", that's what my grandson is saying and that's not what I want. Not at all.”

Ericson continued, “my mom and my son need therapy. My mom feels like she was almost shot. My son saw my dog get shot while my mother was laying on the ground.”

Therapy, my ass! The kid has the right idea. He just needs a few more years and some training with a good, competent marksman.

Cissy
12-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Thank God they didn't kidnap the four year old for anti-government sentiment.

Intoxiklown
12-29-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm not going to fault anyone for shooting a dog attacking theirs'. I killed three dogs a few weeks ago that belonged to a neighbor I know quite well. They jumped on my bulldog puppy in my yard, and I killed all three. When I went to his house, and told him what happened,he was actually very understanding. Of course, I offered to pay him for the dogs (two were pure breds, and I know he spent money on them), and that might have helped. But also, when he saw my puppy, he told he he'd have shot the dogs as well.

thoughtomator
12-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm not going to fault anyone for shooting a dog attacking theirs'.

I think the issue is that any non-cop would be facing 20 years in prison for doing the same exact thing this cop will pay no penalty for.

Intoxiklown
12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
I think the issue is that any non-cop would be facing 20 years in prison for doing the same exact thing this cop will pay no penalty for.

I understand that, but while I have never shot a cop's dog, I have shot plenty of dogs on my property before. I have never even payed a fine. It could be my area too, though. Here, if someone's dog bites your wife/child/friend, ect.....the owner will bring the dog to your house, and offer to let you shoot it.

However, the important thing regarding these incidents (and I can't believe cops aren't thinking this), is they are setting legal, BINDING precedents for the very scenario you are worried about. This case will make any future charges null.