PDA

View Full Version : Huck thinks involuntary servitude a good idea

cindy25
12-27-2014, 07:51 PM
watch his show this week, it is replayed many times.

he said (not an exact quote) Most countries have national service, and I think it's a good idea

note: very few countries today have involuntary service, Israel, South Korea and Singapore are some of the few. but no major English speaking democracy has it.

he is really pushing this, just said everyone needs skin in the game

RonZeplin
12-27-2014, 08:16 PM
The Robert A. Heinlein book, Starship Troopers had that concept. You had to serve in the military to become a full citizen, to own property, and vote. Not legal in the USA, but Republicans and Democrats don't worry about the Constitution, for the most part.

cindy25
12-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Huck had a forum with young people on his show, and you could tell the questions were staged, as was the support for national service. I think this will be a Huck issue. Rand should make a statement now condemning it.

satchelmcqueen
12-27-2014, 08:51 PM
huck should make his kids/grandkids join now to show strength.

VIDEODROME
12-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Isn't Switzerland close to this idea and even have a history of success with it?

Krugminator2
12-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Isn't Switzerland close to this idea and even have a history of success with it?

There are a lot of countries that have forced military service or forced public service. South Africa is one that comes to mind. It is horribly immoral.

I really liked this Robert Heinlein quote that I Googled after seeing his name above.

"I also think there are prices too high to pay to save the United States. Conscription is one of them. Conscription is slavery, and I don't think that any people or nation has a right to save itself at the price of slavery for anyone, no matter what name it is called. We have had the draft for twenty years now; I think this is shameful. If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!"

cindy25
12-27-2014, 09:47 PM
There are a lot of countries that have forced military service or forced public service. South Africa is one that comes to mind. It is horribly immoral.

I really liked this Robert Heinlein quote that I Googled after seeing his name above.

"I also think there are prices too high to pay to save the United States. Conscription is one of them. Conscription is slavery, and I don't think that any people or nation has a right to save itself at the price of slavery for anyone, no matter what name it is called. We have had the draft for twenty years now; I think this is shameful. If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!"

Mandela abolished it when he came to power.

idiom
12-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Bring it on. Nothing makes people hate war and the government like conscription.

Better yet, make it mandatory of men and women and just treat it like the last year of highschool.

PRB
12-28-2014, 02:10 PM
watch his show this week, it is replayed many times.

he said (not an exact quote) Most countries have national service, and I think it's a good idea

note: very few countries today have involuntary service, Israel, South Korea and Singapore are some of the few. but no major English speaking democracy has it.

he is really pushing this, just said everyone needs skin in the game

Singapore? Really? I know Taiwan does, but Singapore?

VIDEODROME
12-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Aren't Republicans/Conservatives for smaller Government?

Oh yeah, smaller Government with the exception of the War Machine. Enact Conscription and they put all our best citizens into the meat grinder. Fuck this guy.

kahless
12-28-2014, 04:47 PM
The older demographic eats this shit up while at the same time having a complete disconnect that it will be their children or Grand children sent to some foreign land to come back to have their medical needs abandoned by their own government and for what, nothing.

Foxnews waves the flag and that is all they see, mentally blinded by patriotism and social engineering on that channel that the reality of the actual policy and whether it is Constitutional or for protecting the homeland is overlooked. No debate necessary, anyone that says otherwise or questions it is with the anti-American leftists that does not support the flag, since Huckabee is a great American.

He is no different from a phony TV evangelist but the same people that would recognize a phony TV evangelist just cannot see the same in their Neocon heroes and the friendly smiling faces on Foxnews. The same can be said for the different demographic that watches MSNBC, CNN and Comedy Central.

With all that said, his show is entertaining. Yet, social engineering at it's best.

The Free Hornet
12-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Bring it on. Nothing makes people hate war and the government like conscription.

Better yet, make it mandatory of men and women and just treat it like the last year of highschool.

"One step backward, two steps forward" is the strategy of statists. Poe's law and all I can't tell if you're serious and your posting history is a tad on the questiinable side. I wouldn't want those words associated with me. Also, I'm not sure if adding hate leads to more freedom - sorry to go Yoda on your ass but they will just thank whatever statists oppose or eliminate this burden or reduce it to something pallatable to 90% of the populace.

GunnyFreedom
12-29-2014, 02:44 AM
The Robert A. Heinlein book, Starship Troopers had that concept. You had to serve in the military to become a full citizen, to own property, and vote. Not legal in the USA, but Republicans and Democrats don't worry about the Constitution, for the most part.

For the record, Starship Troopers was a dystopian cautionary tale. The service system Heinlein described was not intended as an endorsement. He was making fun of hyper-statists. You can actually see a little of that in the movie, but one of the bigger criticisms of the movie was in it's failure to convey the condemnation and ridicule of fascism that is just obvious in the actual book.

Ronin Truth
12-29-2014, 07:26 AM
OK then, let's take up a collection and buy Huck.

Matt Collins
12-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Last time I checked, the 13th Amendment outlawed this

Ronin Truth
12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Last time I checked, the 13th Amendment outlawed this

We understand, explain it to Huck.

(What about involuntary jury duty servitude?) :confused:

philipped
01-04-2015, 11:28 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57741886.jpg