PDA

View Full Version : NYPD turns backs as Bill de Blasio speaks

DFF
12-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Amid the heartbreak and sorry of the funeral of Rafael Ramos (one of the two assassinated NYPD cops last week), hundreds of police officers turned their backs away from the large screen outside the church as New York mayor Bill De Blasio began to speak...

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/12/20141227_NYPD1_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2014/12-overflow/20141227_NYPD2.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-27/hundreds-nypd-officers-turn-their-back-de-blasio-again

RonPaulIsGreat
12-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Must be nice being a cop, you can turn your back and not worry about getting assaulted.

12-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't like De Blasio or the NYC cops. Which way do I turn?

jkr
12-27-2014, 05:03 PM
How... impotent

Go home bitchez

jmdrake
12-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Right. Because nothing says "Serve and protect" like defending someone who chokes someone else to death.

Weston White
12-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Heh, the true irony here is that in NY, if a “civilian” should turn their backs to an officer that is addressing them they will be promptly beaten down and charged with interfering and resisting.

Seriously, cannot the NYPD stop acting like self-entitled little brats for even five-seconds? You people are supposed to be grown damned professionals!

Anti Federalist
12-28-2014, 02:40 PM
"We run this city, Mr. Mayor. Don't fucking forgot it." - The Blue Man Gang

Anti Federalist
12-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Heh, the irony here is that in NY if a “civilian” should turn their backs to an officer that is addressing them they will be promptly beaten down and charged with interfering and resisting.

Seriously, cannot the NYPD stop acting like self-entitled little brats for even five-seconds? You people are supposed to be grown damned professionals!

"I am in your debt, Don."

DFF
12-28-2014, 03:26 PM
I keep getting hate mail sent to me accusing me of being some cop suckup. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I've made many more posts railing against police abuse and obscenely harsh punishments for relatively trivial crimes like drug possession and drinking and driving than I've ever made praising the po po for doing the world a favor and exterminating thugs like mike brown.

Honestly I can't stand american cops or thugs. But given some very bad personal experiences I've had, I dislike thugs, which oftentimes happen to be black, just a little bit more.

jkr
12-28-2014, 03:32 PM
http://web.mclink.it/MI9809/graphix-symbols/images/wp1-02.jpg

DFF
12-28-2014, 03:37 PM
There's a very distinct difference between thugs like Mike Brown and cops.

Thugs never do anything but cause problems for society. They're a menace.

Cops on the other hand, while having massive shortcomings, particularly because of the war on drugs, do benefit the public by creating order.

Without order, we would have anarchy. Society would rip apart at the seams. So in this respect, the police serve a very important social function.

And as much as I dislike some of their behavior, I do recognize that the alternative would be much worse. That said, a lot of things need to be improved upon.

Ending the war on drugs would be a very good place to start.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, order and respect for property are tantamount to having any sort of "civil society".

There are other ways to achieve that than to hand supreme authority and monopoly on violence to government.

That's a cure worse than the disease.

Always has been.

Cops on the other hand, while having massive shortcomings, particularly because of the war on drugs, do serve a public good by creating order.

Without order, we would have anarchy. Society would rip apart at the seams. So in this respect, the police serve a very important function.

And as much as I dislike some of their behavior, I do recognize that the alternative would be much worse. That said, a lot of things need to be improved upon.

cajuncocoa
12-28-2014, 03:44 PM

Cops on the other hand, while having massive shortcomings, particularly because of the war on drugs, do serve a public good by creating order.

Without order, we would have anarchy. Society would rip apart at the seams. So in this respect, the police serve a very important function.

The war on drugs ... LOL If you don't want to do drugs, don't do them. That's the only defense you have against them. Everything else fails miserably....or haven't you noticed how much money you've spent down the toilet, how many civil liberties you (and I) have lost, trying to STOP them from coming into your pristine community? So much fail.

Oh, and FYI....anarchy doesn't mean a society ripping apart at the seams. Most people would do quite well without government interference, and those who wouldn't are already breaking your so-called laws.

DFF
12-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Yes, order and respect for property are tantamount to having any sort of "civil society".

There are other ways to achieve that than to hand supreme authority and monopoly on violence to government.

That's a cure worse than the disease.

Always has been.

The European police model would be far preferable to what we have in the United States.

Over there, generally speaking, the police aren't nearly as hostile and aggressive.

Yet, order is achieved. But there's a distinct difference between the US and Europe: Europe is almost entirely white.

See, my theory about American cops is that due to their frequent encounters with hyper-aggressive, and hyper-violent black criminals who commit waaaay more crimes on a per capita basis than other ethnic groups, these types on interactions condition cops to be more violent.

In the absence of black crime, I think cops in the USA, in terms of their behavior, would be almost indistinguishable from their European counterparts.

This is another reason why I rail against black crime more than I do against police. I view black crime as the root cause of police abuse.

PaulConventionWV
12-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Boohoo, they have it so hard.

phill4paul
12-28-2014, 03:54 PM

Cops on the other hand, while having massive shortcomings, particularly because of the war on drugs, do benefit the public by creating order.

Without order, we would have anarchy. Society would rip apart at the seams. So in this respect, the police serve a very important social function.

'Order' is not maintained by those that subjugate by force but by those willing to be subjugated by their own will for what they perceive as the common good. Subjugation by force often has the opposite affect than intended. The word "anarchy" has many different meanings as, I am sure, you are aware. There are many forms of "ordered" society in history that were neither conducive nor healthful for a free people.

PaulConventionWV
12-28-2014, 04:00 PM
I keep getting hate mail sent to me accusing me of being some cop suckup. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I've made many more posts railing against police abuse and obscenely harsh punishments for relatively trivial crimes like drug possession and drinking and driving than I've ever made praising the po po for doing the world a favor and exterminating thugs like mike brown.

Honestly I can't stand american cops or thugs. But given some very bad personal experiences I've had, I dislike thugs, which oftentimes happen to be black, just a little bit more.

To me, that's a bit closed-minded. You say you've had personal experience with thugs, but that's just anecdotal. The reason why I dislike cops more is because they have authority. Thugs don't. Thugs get arrested for their crimes while cops get off scott-free and do it again. You could just as easily have had bad personal experiences with cops and that person who gave you that experience would probably have been praised or awarded by his department for what he did to you. At the very least, he will go on thinking he owns you and you won't be able to do a thing about it. Thugs you can do something about. Cops, you can't. That's why I think your statement is closed-minded.

phill4paul
12-28-2014, 04:04 PM
The European police model would be far preferable to what we have in the United States.

Over there, generally speaking, the police aren't nearly as hostile and aggressive.

Yet, order is achieved. But there's a distinct difference between the US and Europe: Europe is almost entirely white.

See, my theory about American cops is that due to their frequent encounters with hyper-aggressive, and hyper-violent black criminals who commit waaaay more crimes on a per capita basis than other ethnic groups, these types on interactions condition cops to be more violent.

In the absence of black crime, I think cops in the USA, in terms of their behavior, would be almost indistinguishable from their European counterparts.

This is another reason why I rail against black crime more than I do against police. I view black crime as the root cause of police abuse.

You're a racist. We get it. Please head on back to Sturmfront.

PaulConventionWV
12-28-2014, 04:05 PM

Uhh... no. Between thugs and cops, cops are BY FAR the bigger drain on society. All that order? Yeah, tell that to the societies who have less crime AND less police. I believe the country Georgia once disbanded its entire police department when crime subsequently dropped.

Think about it. Cops commit the same crimes as thugs. The only differences are that they 1) have authority 2) never get punished for their crimes, so they can go out and commit the same crimes over and over and over... and 3) they are supported by taxpayer dollars.

Cops don't create order. They just order you to do things, or else....

Peace&Freedom
12-28-2014, 04:08 PM

It was never established that Brown was a "thug," he never had a day in court. And anybody who commits homicide on parties whose guilt is not established is a thug.

Suzanimal
12-28-2014, 04:09 PM

This ^^^

presence
12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
12 fucking helicopters pissing tax payer funds in V Goose formation

Login (http://www.zerohedge.com/user/login?destination=node%2F499599%23comment-form) or register (http://www.zerohedge.com/user/register?destination=node%2F499599%23comment-form) to post comments

Sat, 12/27/2014 - 11:14 | 5596241 (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-27/hundreds-nypd-officers-turn-their-back-de-blasio-again#comment-5596241) ParkAveFlasher (http://www.zerohedge.com/users/parkaveflasher)
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/pictures/picture-68272.jpg (http://www.zerohedge.com/users/parkaveflasher)

An entire fleet of NYPD helicopters is doing circles around Glendale. I am up on a hill and they turn north in the circle to come right at my house. I have video, will see if I can post it. Glendale about 3 miles from my house. ON LIKE DONKEY KONG. Who would think that th eNPYD fires the first shots in the Civil War? Air traffic to LaGuardia normally runs right through this area on Saturday mornings. It's been rerouted. As I speak the helos are doing circles in a fleet.

Login (http://www.zerohedge.com/user/login?destination=node%2F499599%23comment-form) or register (http://www.zerohedge.com/user/register?destination=node%2F499599%23comment-form) to post comments

They're calling it a "salute to fallen officer"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national/nypds-helicopter-flyover-tribute-to-fallen-officer/2014/12/27/f1d1a32a-8df5-11e4-ace9-47de1af4c3eb_video.html

http://i.imgur.com/PyYotAk.png

$1,800 per hour
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/flight-test-bell-429-no-detail-too-small-338339/

per bird

x 12 birds

$21,600

Not including pilot's time or fuel

RonPaulIsGreat
12-28-2014, 04:16 PM

Anarchy rules.

It's really weird, this town probably has like 40-50 cops TOTAL. The population is like 20000 including the small adjoining "towns", that really are part of the main town.

Does one really think that order is being maintained by 50 cops. LOL. No, the fact is 90%+ of people even if the cops disappeared wouldn't commit more "real" crime regardless. Then so you have the 10%, well I'd guess 5-8% of those are restrained by the threat of repercussion, which would still exist, as in in a "copless" town, if someone was breaking in my house at 3 am, I'd still take violent action against them, and so would most everyone.

So, we are really left with the 2-5%, which under the present system are "protected" by government, in that they don't actually take care of the problem but send them to prison and release them again and again, or house them permanently in the rape camps (prisons), at the cost of like 20-40K a year for life. I'm certain in a "copless" environment these people would not be living long.

IMO, structured police forces actually promote crime. IMO, a community could easily form a temporary force to take out thugs, no problem. It's not so complicated to hold a trial either, and it probably wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be "more" perfect than this system which is total trash.

presence
12-28-2014, 04:21 PM
and a fucking red white and blue flashing fucking light show

http://i.imgur.com/lBInEGq.png

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/national/empire-state-building-lit-in-blue-to-honor-slain-officers/2014/12/28/d2e48a64-8e99-11e4-a66f-0ca5037a597d_video.html

More is being spent on the idolatry of this dipshit officer than the average New Yorker makes in a year.

DFF
12-28-2014, 04:28 PM

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

pcosmar
12-28-2014, 09:00 PM

The European Police Model is exactly what we have.. It is where the idea came from.
Imported from the Authoritarian Countries that people came here to escape.

Police (the very concept of Police) should not exist at all in a free society.

The very Idea that free people need to be controlled is offensive.

twomp
12-29-2014, 12:14 AM
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

http://img.addfunny.com/funnypictures/kkk/9/traditionalfamilyracism.jpg

AngryCanadian
12-29-2014, 12:45 AM

So your racist then?

The Free Hornet
12-29-2014, 02:30 AM
So your racist then?

It says 'account restrictred'. Is he banned for liking cops or being accused of racism? Or what?

Some of the allegations above - not yours - are beyond tasteless. If somebody belongs to a 3rd party organization they either disclose that info themselves, have it disclosed publicly (elsewhere), or it is nobody's fucking business here. Read the posting guidelines, assholes*.

*Like on Spaceballs(TM) which is not 1% as bad as the accusations above.

jmdrake
12-29-2014, 05:56 AM

And Eric Garner was a thug because.......?

jonhowe
12-29-2014, 10:39 AM

First of all, you're a collectivist prick.

Second of all, have you been to Europe lately? Almost entirely white? That's not what I saw...

rpfocus
12-29-2014, 11:05 AM

Seen this story before. What's next? Some links to "science-based" articles from Stormfart? Get lost.

phill4paul
12-29-2014, 11:09 AM
First of all, you're a collectivist prick.

Second of all, have you been to Europe lately? Almost entirely white? That's not what I saw...

Shush you. Don't shatter his utopian image of an ordered all white lawful society.

pcosmar
12-29-2014, 11:13 AM
It says 'account restrictred'. Is he banned for liking cops or being accused of racism? Or what?

No idea. I am not a Mod.

I am guessing for several obviously racist quotes,, that are also factually incorrect.
And possibly for an Obviously Authoritarian Philosophy that he holds,, a position directly contrary to Liberty and the purpose of this forum.

Or possibly for false claims and starting race baiting threads??

I have no idea.. :confused:

Cissy
12-29-2014, 11:18 AM
You turn your back on a cop = you are obviously the scum of the earth, worthy of a beatdown.

A cop turns his back on the mayor = clearly a patriot.

Statist logic.

nobody's_hero
12-29-2014, 04:03 PM

Order?: Remember the kid whose face was blown off by a flashbang thrown into a crib by a Rambo cowboy SWAT team? And remember when those cops should have been found guilty but they weren't, because people like you were on the jury?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlUOphq18HmMxYTNH85AvVvncS5GCds-fThBwkjwUY-V41aWZcFg