PDA

View Full Version : Father Faces Felony Assault Charges For Spanking His 6-Year-Old Son

aGameOfThrones
12-26-2014, 10:35 PM
A father from Queensbury, New York, faces felony assault charges, after spanking his 6-year-old son last weekend. Jeffrey Lamphear, 39, allegedly hit his child on the buttocks. According to Lamphear, he was disciplining his son. He told the police that is is possible that he spanked his child harder than he thought he did, but asserts the child was only spanked, and that the spanking was done as punishment.

The authorities were notified when the child’s mother discovered bruising and welts on the child’s buttock. According to WNYT News, the child’s mother took her son to the emergency room, when she saw the marks on her son’s buttocks. There were no marks elsewhere on the child’s body, according to the most updated report. The police say the boy did not sustain serious injuries.

As well as facing felony assault charges, Lamphear has been ordered to stay away from his child. According to social media discussion, Lamphear is being both condemned and supported for the way he disciplined his child.

“Definitely not applauding him, however, some kids bruise easy. I know me and my kids do. He looks like a big man so he probably did spank a little harder than he should have however, I wasn’t there, can’t judge,” Rachel Thomas-Baker from New York wrote.

“This story is ridiculous! Felony I think not. Spanking a child is up to the parent not the cops or our legal system. Sounds like the mom is out for revenge on her former lover. If he does not have a record and this is the first time and the child has no other welts or black and blue marks case closed. He’s 6 I’m sure he can tell what’s going on,” Cas Pearsall wrote.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1701333/father-faces-felony-assault-charges-for-spanking-his-six-year-old-son/#tBlAv7h0w0PuddGZ.99

Slave Mentality
12-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Sounds like possible ex hag issues indeed. The state owns your kids, and you for that matter. Freedom.

KCIndy
12-26-2014, 11:12 PM
According to WNYT News, the child’s mother took her son to the emergency room, when she saw the marks on her son’s buttocks....

I wonder if she was concerned about her kid, or just saw this as an amazing one-time opportunity to "stick it" to her ex.

Anti Federalist
12-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Reason for the sexodus # 395,891,298

Crashland
12-27-2014, 12:22 AM
Sounds like possible ex hag issues indeed. The state owns your kids, and you for that matter. Freedom.

Where does the parent's freedom end and where do the child's rights begin? There needs to be a law to clarify that. But law, means state, uh oh

tod evans
12-27-2014, 04:57 AM
Maybe he should have spanked his ex.......:cool:

Schifference
12-27-2014, 06:17 AM
A father can pick up his child with a broken bone, bruise, or black eye and understand that the kid got hurt. He can pick up his child with a red butt and understand that the child was misbehaving. He would probably even stress the importance of listening to his/her mother. A mother picks up her child with any of the aforementioned and it is abuse or neglect.

Origanalist
12-27-2014, 06:41 AM
I wonder if she was concerned about her kid, or just saw this as an amazing one-time opportunity to "stick it" to her ex.

Ya, I wonder....

Origanalist
12-27-2014, 06:42 AM
Reason for the sexodus # 395,891,298

Out of rep

Origanalist
12-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Where does the parent's freedom end and where do the child's rights begin? There needs to be a law to clarify that. But law, means state, uh oh

I'll tell you where, right where any body in a position of authoritay says it does. And don't you dare challenge it.

jmdrake
12-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Hey white people. The police state you've been praising recently is coming for you.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/spanking-felony-665x385.jpg

Origanalist
12-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Hey white people. The police state you've been praising recently is coming for you.

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/spanking-felony-665x385.jpg

Racist.

Working Poor
12-27-2014, 07:35 AM
I am on the fence with this one. I just really don't like violent punishment being used on children. If your child bruises easily or not if you have hit them hard enough for them to be bruised than you have hit them too hard.

That does not mean I am necessarily for state intervention. I don't know what the answer is but, people need not be violent towards children or animals for that matter.

jmdrake
12-27-2014, 07:47 AM
I am on the fence with this one. I just really don't like violent punishment being used on children. If your child bruises easily or not if you have hit them hard enough for them to be bruised than you have hit them too hard.

That does not mean I am necessarily for state intervention. I don't know what the answer is but, people need not be violent towards children or animals for that matter.

The old folks in my neighborhood used to say "I'm going to beat you now so that the cops won't beat you later." Man puts welts on boys butt, he becomes a felon. Cops do this to homeless man's face....

http://parrishmiller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kelly-thomas-before-and-after.jpg

.........?

I know you don't support what the cops did. But the overwhelming majority of Americans support police use of force under almost all circumstances.

tod evans
12-27-2014, 07:52 AM

Some children actually require spankings to instill good behavior, most don't.....

I hope you're never subjected to one who does, they're quite the handful!

Now spanking ex-wifes.................;)

Occam's Banana
12-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Where does the parent's freedom end and where do the child's rights begin?

That is a very good & important question.

There needs to be a law to clarify that.

Quite possibly so.

But law, means state, uh oh

Actually, it doesn't.

FloralScent
12-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Sounds like possible ex hag issues indeed.

She'll get hers. That coddled boy will be backhanding her for the car keys and stealing money from her purse in the next ten years or so.

Philhelm
12-28-2014, 08:39 AM
A father can pick up his child with a broken bone, bruise, or black eye and understand that the kid got hurt. He can pick up his child with a red butt and understand that the child was misbehaving. He would probably even stress the importance of listening to his/her mother. A mother picks up her child with any of the aforementioned and it is abuse or neglect.

That is because inside each woman's head is a little hamster spinning around in a hamster wheel. Whenever a woman is presented with stimuli, the hamster rolls around like crazy in order to process the information. Where it ends up, nobody knows!

donnay
12-28-2014, 08:54 AM
If the child sustained no injury, why the felony charge? Me thinks the ex-wife is using the child as a pawn to get back at her ex-husband. SMDH.

brushfire
12-28-2014, 09:45 AM
"It hates competition"

Schifference
12-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Is it possible that the ex inflicted the welts herself and then blamed him?

qh4dotcom
12-28-2014, 11:38 AM
If you wouldn't spank an adult...spank a stranger on the street....don't do it to your children.

Spanking is a violation of the non-aggression principle.

I have a 3 year old very active son...I would never spank him.

Don't feel too sorry for the father.

Ender
12-28-2014, 12:26 PM
The old folks in my neighborhood used to say "I'm going to beat you now so that the cops won't beat you later." Man puts welts on boys butt, he becomes a felon. Cops do this to homeless man's face....

http://parrishmiller.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kelly-thomas-before-and-after.jpg

.........?

I know you don't support what the cops did. But the overwhelming majority of Americans support police use of force under almost all circumstances.

Agreed.

tod evans
12-28-2014, 12:44 PM
If you wouldn't spank an adult...spank a stranger on the street....don't do it to your children.

Don't fucking tell me what to do!

I've said for years on here that the NAP is a good and noble endeavor but not something I subscribe to.

Children are like any other living being in that each one is an individual and there's no set way to inspire or correct every one identically, you raise yours, I'll raise mine and I'll sure as hell let this father raise his.

Fucking nanny state mindset anyway...:mad:

brushfire
12-28-2014, 12:59 PM

I've said for years on here that the NAP is a good and noble endeavor but not something I subscribe to.

Children are like any other living being in that each one is an individual and there's no set way to inspire or correct every one identically, you raise yours, I'll raise mine and I'll sure as hell let this father raise his.

I think Mr Evans gets to the bigger point.

I have more respect for someone who disciplines their child with a spanking than the majority of these "facebook parents" who practice something they watched on super-nanny when its convenient, but spend the rest of their time fking off on their phones when they should be parenting their children. I see more of those "facebook parents" these days than anything...

Not all, but an alarming number of people see children as some kind of status symbol - like an SUV. I've seen several neighbors go through extreme measures to get pregnant, and then they stuff their kids into daycare every day. Damn communists as far as I'm concerned - let the experts raise your children, while you specialize on your occupation. Spend time visiting your children when its convenient... To me, this is a bigger issue than spanking children, and I dont believe there's a government solution for that either.

donnay
12-28-2014, 01:34 PM

Very true. Children need discipline in many forms to structure them for a life on their own. Each child is different too. So, one child may require spankings to keep out of danger and trouble and another may not require much discipline at all. But the state has no business interfering in the child's rearing.

tod evans
12-28-2014, 01:39 PM
I think Mr Evans gets to the bigger point.

I have more respect for someone who disciplines their child with a spanking than the majority of these "facebook parents" who practice something they watched on super-nanny when its convenient, but spend the rest of their time fking off on their phones when they should be parenting their children. I see more of those "facebook parents" these days than anything...

Not all, but an alarming number of people see children as some kind of status symbol - like an SUV. I've seen several neighbors go through extreme measures to get pregnant, and then they stuff their kids into daycare every day. Damn communists as far as I'm concerned - let the experts raise your children, while you specialize on your occupation. Spend time visiting your children when its convenient... To me, this is a bigger issue than spanking children, and I dont believe there's a government solution for that either.

What gets me are the overprotective parents, the ones who place little Johnny in a bubble until they drop him in school...

The poor kid generally gets his ass kicked and doesn't know how to deal with it because mommy-n-daddy kept him "safe" from aggressive children.

Some kids are evil, others are calm and peaceful but most are somewhere in the middle, unfortunately in todays world there are very few communities let alone big and intact families where kids learn that all folks are different.Some families punish with a belt or switch others by withholding privileges and yet others by trying to talk sense to the little monsters.

The world isn't homogeneous and I for one am glad, but I sure pity the kids who are raised in a bubble, any bubble, I just happen to view the overprotective bubble as the worse...

tod evans
12-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Very true. Children need discipline in many forms to structure them for a life on their own. Each child is different too. So, one child may require spankings to keep out of danger and trouble and another may not require much discipline at all. But the state has no business interfering in the child's rearing.

Ex's too often use the power of government as a tool to beat their Ex with, what most fail to realize is that using the child as a bargaining chip to wield the hammer of government always hurts the child more than their Ex.

William Tell
12-28-2014, 01:51 PM

Well then, don't spank your son, do what you think is right.

I personally think that if spanking a bad child violates the NAP, then I think the NAP is flawed and silly.

I do feel very sorry for the father, and I will continue to despite your telling me how to feel.