PDA

View Full Version : "Michael Brown learned a lesson about a messin' with a badass policeman"

Weston White
12-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Oh joy:

LAPD Launch Investigation After Song Mocking Michael Brown Performed At Retired Cop's Party

LOS ANGELES, Dec 24 (Reuters) - A song poking fun at the killing of black teenager Michael Brown by a white policeman, performed at a retired officer's party, has prompted the Los Angeles Police Department to launch an internal investigation, its chief said on Tuesday.

"Michael Brown learned a lesson about a messin' with a badass policeman," goes the song, captured on video and posted on entertainment news website TMZ. It continues: "Michael looked like some old Swiss cheese" ... his brain "splattered on the floor."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/24/lapd-michael-brown-song_n_6376456.html

UWDude
12-24-2014, 07:07 AM
LoL

I wonder when cops will learn about this new technology out their called cell phones with cameras. They still seem to think they can lie in court, and be general assholes, and nobody will ever know about.

I see you crooks in the shadows, and the lights are upon you now.

SeanTX
12-24-2014, 07:20 AM
LoL

I wonder when cops will learn about this new technology out their called cell phones with cameras. They still seem to think they can lie in court, and be general assholes, and nobody will ever know about.

It's arrogance. They know people are watching, but they just don't care. These creeps think they are "untouchable" -- and that's pretty much true.

fisharmor
12-24-2014, 08:50 AM
It's arrogance. They know people are watching, but they just don't care. These creeps think they are "untouchable" -- and that's pretty much true.

This is why I keep saying it.... the things they do ARE THE JOB, and what's more, they ALWAYS WERE THE JOB.
You don't get a fraternity of righteous, thoughtful, and courteous gentlemen to turn into wife-beating, dog-killing, murdering thugs in a single generation like this.

The people in charge of these organizations are all older guys who were pounding a beat 30 years ago.
The people who were in charge of those people, were all pounding a beat 60 years ago... and that takes us back exactly to this mythical era of Mayberry.

We see how institutionally driven these people are. You can't argue against that point.

So since it's impossible that an institution of rose-farting good guys would turn into the ugliness we have now within one generation, that leaves only one other alternative: they were always this way.

specsaregood
12-24-2014, 08:57 AM
LoL

I see you crooks in the shadows, and the lights are upon you now.

Because they don't care and it seems even the judges will ignore such evidence.
Example A: Judge Patrick Dugan said the short video clip "didn't tell the whole story." Dugan said the video was disturbing, but blamed the media for sensationalizing the incident and playing it 'a thousand times.' He said the incident was part of a volatile, fast-paced situation - not a slow motion video. "
http://6abc.com/archive/9007746/

acptulsa
12-24-2014, 09:00 AM
So since it's impossible that an institution of rose-farting good guys would turn into the ugliness we have now within one generation, that leaves only one other alternative: they were always this way.

Some were. Some whole departments were. The Chicago Police Department always has been. Some fluctuate.

You say 'it doesn't change in one generation' like you're talking about the process of evolution. We're not. We're talking about bureaucracies where the cops who are what the bosses want stay and those who aren't don't. This process does not necessarily move at glacial speed.

Even if a group of people all make the same career choice, this does not prevent them from being individuals. Only the kind of boss who says, 'fit in or leave,' can turn a group into a homogenous group. Until that happens, we are libertarians and it's a piss poor libertarian who thinks and talks in terms of demographics instead of individuals. And someone who looks at a cop as a demographic, not an individual, is far more likely to have an unhappy encounter with cops, too. Rage against the machine, not the gears.

The problem we're seeing is almost all traceable to federal involvement. This seems to have been the biggest factor in the mass exodus of human beings from police departments nationwide.

otherone
12-24-2014, 09:07 AM
Rage against the machine, not the gears.

There is no machine. There is only gears.

fisharmor
12-24-2014, 09:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding#By_U.S._police_before_the_1940s

The use of "third degree interrogation" techniques to compel confession, ranging from "psychological duress such as prolonged confinement to extreme violence and torture", was widespread in early American policing. Lassiter classified the water cure as "orchestrated physical abuse", and described the police technique as a "modern day variation of the method of water torture that was popular during the Middle Ages". The technique employed by the police involved either holding the head in water until almost drowning, or laying on the back and forcing water into the mouth or nostrils. Such techniques were classified as "'covert' third degree torture" since they left no signs of physical abuse, and became popular after 1910 when the direct application of physical violence to force a confession became a media issue and some courts began to deny obviously compelled confessions. The publication of this information in 1931 as part of the Wickersham Commission's "Report on Lawlessness in Law Enforcement" led to a decline in the use of third degree police interrogation techniques in the 1930s and 1940s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickersham_Commission

They observed police interrogation tactics and reported that "the inflicting of pain, physical or mental, to extract confessions or statements... is widespread throughout the country".

This is from almost 90 years ago.

I am raging against the machine.
What I said is that the machine has always done what it is doing now.
It's not just axiomatic, as I asserted in the prior post.
The evidence is there, for those who choose to see it.

kcchiefs6465
12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Some were. Some whole departments were. The Chicago Police Department always has been. Some fluctuate.

You say 'it doesn't change in one generation' like you're talking about the process of evolution. We're not. We're talking about bureaucracies where the cops who are what the bosses want stay and those who aren't don't. This process does not necessarily move at glacial speed.

Even if a group of people all make the same career choice, this does not prevent them from being individuals. Only the kind of boss who says, 'fit in or leave,' can turn a group into a homogenous group. Until that happens, we are libertarians and it's a piss poor libertarian who thinks and talks in terms of demographics instead of individuals. And someone who looks at a cop as a demographic, not an individual, is far more likely to have an unhappy encounter with cops, too. Rage against the machine, not the gears.

The problem we're seeing is almost all traceable to federal involvement. This seems to have been the biggest factor in the mass exodus of human beings from police departments nationwide.
Even before federal involvement in policing they were arresting people for victimless crimes, beating people, robbing people, and murdering others.

You might say that federal involvement and training expedited the militancy of some of these agencies but regardless, the profession has always been immoral, corrupt, and bankrupt of oversight.

Ronin Truth
12-24-2014, 09:58 AM
That's a lesson he probably won't ever forget. Oh, wait ....... (never mind).

TheTexan
12-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Only the kind of boss who says, 'fit in or leave,' can turn a group into a homogenous group. Until that happens,

Yup. It's not like police departments fire people for refusing to participate in unnecessary beatdowns, or anything like that.

Brian4Liberty
12-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Yup. It's not like police departments fire people for refusing to participate in unnecessary beatdowns, or anything like that.

Initiation into gangs often includes a beat down or even murder of a completely random, innocent stranger. That type of initiation serves many purposes.

Christian Liberty
12-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Oh joy:

LAPD Launch Investigation After Song Mocking Michael Brown Performed At Retired Cop's Party

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/24/lapd-michael-brown-song_n_6376456.html

And I guess those officers in New York City learned a lesson about messin' with a badass cop-killer?

Disclaimer for NSA spies who are clearly far dumber than the average person: this is sarcasm, demonstrating the absurdity.

UWDude
12-25-2014, 04:08 AM
Wow. Just saw the video.
They say he writes "silly songs" like this all the time.
Really? I hope somebody has recorded and album.

And cops blame protesters for their assassinated brothers.

Crooks in the shadows, the light is now upon you. Let the world see who you are.
Crooks in the shadows, we are watching you.

You can view the song at TYT here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6syWpcBiQc

(No, I am not a fan of TYT at all. Their stories are 33% about sex and sensationalism, their foreign policy is pretty messed up, and Cenk saw his good friend assassinated, and pretty much said he believed the official line.)

Lyrics:
Michael Brown learned a lesson about messin' with a bad ass policeman
and he's bad, bad Michael Brown
baddest thug in the whole damn town
Badder than ol' king kong
Meaner than a junkyard dog

two men, took ta fightin'
And michael punched in through the door
and michael looked like some old swiss cheese
His brain was splattered on the floor

and he's dead, dead Michael Brown
deadest man in the whole damn town