PDA

View Full Version : Former President George Bush Taken To Hospital

RonPaulFanInGA
12-23-2014, 11:02 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/24/us-usa-bush-idUSKBN0K206520141224

Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush, 90, was hospitalized in Houston, Texas, late on Tuesday after experiencing shortness of breath, a spokesman for the 41st commander-in-chief said in a statement.

Bush's latest health scare came two years after he was struck by illness during the 2012 holiday season. He spent seven weeks in a Houston hospital for bronchitis and related ailments before his discharge in mid-January of 2013.

On Tuesday evening, the former president "was taken by ambulance to the Houston Methodist Hospital as a precaution after experiencing a shortness of breath," according to his spokesman, Jim McGrath.

William Tell
12-23-2014, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5HNUhKz3g

euphemia
12-23-2014, 11:15 PM
People may disagree on his politics, but after reading his wife's book about him, there are alot of things to like. Barbara was a noted beauty, and was relentlessly pursued by a lot of men. But then George H. W. Bush walked through the door at a dance. "He took my breath away." Indeed, he was very handsome, and they love each other very much.

Politics aside, I think they are very interesting people.

TaftFan
12-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Hope he pulls through.

satchelmcqueen
12-24-2014, 12:14 AM
time cures all things that jail and court never could....

Danke
12-24-2014, 07:04 AM
"I can't breathe"

Christian Liberty
12-24-2014, 07:43 AM
People may disagree on his politics, but after reading his wife's book about him, there are alot of things to like. Barbara was a noted beauty, and was relentlessly pursued by a lot of men. But then George H. W. Bush walked through the door at a dance. "He took my breath away." Indeed, he was very handsome, and they love each other very much.

I know this is bad, but the bold and the OP... just... the irony...

I do not care one whit whatsoever about George H.W. nor should I. Though not as bad as his son, he too was a White House criminal, and while I don't wish harm upon him, there is absolutely no good reason I should know about this or care about it any more than any other sick person anywhere in the world.

We shouldn't be helping to make these people feel important...

phill4paul
12-24-2014, 07:57 AM
We shouldn't be helping to make these people feel important...

They should be placed in a raft and floated out to sea.

Acala
12-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Ugh. The world is full of interesting people. The vast majority of them don't perpetrate mass-murder, robbery, and slavery.

Christian Liberty
12-24-2014, 09:07 AM
They should be placed in a raft and floated out to sea.

OK, that wasn't what I meant by "making them feel important" but OK;)

AngryCanadian
12-24-2014, 09:57 AM
There are many comments on CBC which arent wishing well.

"Take your New World Order with You"

Indy Vidual
12-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Ugh. The world is full of interesting people. The vast majority of them don't perpetrate mass-murder, robbery, and slavery.

Maybe he his having a reaction to the human blood he drank during the occult winter solstice parties?

JK/SEA
12-24-2014, 11:33 AM

pretty sure 'mom' worships the Queen.

Christian Liberty
12-24-2014, 12:02 PM

This.

I don't want to wish harm on the guy, even though I think he would "deserve" execution under a just legal system. I hope he repents before he dies, I will just say that. If he does, whether he dies now or later won't matter that much, and if he doesn't, it still isn't going to matter that much.

But... why post this thread? In order to guilt-trip those of us who don't want to spend more time "wishing well" to a white house criminal than we would some poor random person who's dying? Or is it in order to encourage people to mock his condition? Not sure either approach is right. Unless we're going to individually wish every person in the US who gets sick well, we should probably just ignore the 41st President, because he has more blood on his hands than the average person but is otherwise no more important.

William Tell
12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Its just news, FF.

acptulsa
12-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Its just news, FF.

I don't even know if it qualifies as that.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?399604-Bush-I-is-in-intensive-care

Christian Liberty
12-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Its just news, FF.

I don't even know if it qualifies as that.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?399604-Bush-I-is-in-intensive-care

That's my point. I am actively arguing that we should not care about this. Sure, he's famous, so what? A starving child who didn't commit any crimes probably died today. The fact that we're giving George H.W.'s health more attention than a random citizen is itself problematic, IMO. We are playing into the State's hands when we acknowledge its criminals as important.

The Rebel Poet
12-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Hope he pulls through.
YES! No matter what we personally think of him, he doesn't need to die this way. He should die in a public execution after a fair trial.

VegasPatriot
12-24-2014, 11:43 PM

alot of things to like because barbara was a noted beauty and george was very handsome?

Possibly the most evil president ever... involved in the JFK assassination, tried to have Reagan assassinated by hinkley, noted war criminal... shame on you.

William Tell
12-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Don't forget Gulf War Syndrome.

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 12:10 AM
alot of things to like because barbara was a noted beauty and george was very handsome?

Possibly the most evil president ever... involved in the JFK assassination, tried to have Reagan assassinated by hinkley, noted war criminal... shame on you.

I don't like HW but it seems to me that his son was worse. Am I wrong?

Indy Vidual
12-25-2014, 12:28 AM

What is worse, an evil puppet or the sadistic person skillfully pulling the strings?

tommyrp12
12-25-2014, 12:33 AM
I don't hate the guy as big of a low life as he was. I also don't intend to stoop to his level and wish death on him like he did others. It wont solve anything.

Tywysog Cymru
12-25-2014, 11:55 AM

You're right. Bush the Elder pursued unjust wars, but at least they actually ended.

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 12:55 PM
What is worse, an evil puppet or the sadistic person skillfully pulling the strings?

Which ones which?;)

Working Poor
12-25-2014, 01:13 PM
"I can't breathe"

LOL I can't either when I think about GHWBsr.

Working Poor
12-25-2014, 01:16 PM
YES! No matter what we personally think of him, he doesn't need to die this way. He should die in a public execution after a fair trial.
And all proceeds go to paying down the national debt.

JK/SEA
12-25-2014, 01:31 PM
ok, its been a day now, is he still alive?

willwash
12-25-2014, 04:47 PM
You know, he could still run for president again. Carter v. Bush 2016?

Brett85
12-25-2014, 05:27 PM
So according to people here, you're a terrible person if you support using torture against a terrorist under any circumstances, put it's perfectly ok and morally acceptable to wish death on a former U.S President. And people wonder why this movement isn't any more popular than it is?

acptulsa
12-25-2014, 05:50 PM
So according to people here, you're a terrible person if you support using torture against a terrorist under any circumstances, put it's perfectly ok and morally acceptable to wish death on a former U.S President. And people wonder why this movement isn't any more popular than it is?

Using torture and wishing death are morally equivalent in your world?

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 06:08 PM

I'm not wishing death on anybody, but you do realize US Presidents are the biggest "terrorists" right?

I don't know the death count for Persian Gulf, but George W. Bush was responsible for far more death than Osama was. I get that most people are nationalists and thus will get offended when you point that out, but I don't see how that changes the fact that its true.

Brett85
12-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm not wishing death on anybody, but you do realize US Presidents are the biggest "terrorists" right?

No, I'm not an anarchist.

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 07:45 PM
No, I'm not an anarchist.

Once again you are proving Rothbard right. The issue isn't anarchism vs minarchism. Its radicalism vs complacency (I don't think "complacency" was the word Rothbard used, but it was something like that.) Rothbard once said something to the effect of "Better one Albert Jay Nock than a thousand anarchists who are all too comfortable with the status quo."

The core issue isn't that you think a few government actions are justified, although that is part of the difference between us. The core issue is that when you see monstrosities, things you know are wrong, that are done by government, you sort of shrug your shoulders and say "well, Ron Paul would be better, but it still isn't CRIMINAL when interventionist presidents invade foreign countries, and when our liberties are destroyed. Its just not ideal."

Charles Spurgeon:

".... if there be anything which this book denounces and counts the hugest of all crimes, it is the crime of war. Put up thy sword into thy sheath, for hath not he said, 'Thou shalt not kill,' and he meant not that it was a sin to kill one but a glory to kill a million, but he meant that bloodshed on the smallest or largest scale was sinful."

I don't know exactly what Charles Spurgeon's political beliefs were, but I highly doubt he agreed with me. Nor was it necessary to recognize that warmongering is murder.

Brett85
12-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Is any President who ever authorizes military action a terrorist?

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Is any President who ever authorizes military action a terrorist?

Not if it is for self-defense and limited to defending against the aggressors.

Mind, I understand there may be some gray areas here, but we've long passed that point. WWII was the last war that was theoretically even close to being just, but the US gov. blew that by how they fought it.

willwash
12-25-2014, 07:59 PM

Mind, I understand there may be some gray areas here, but we've long passed that point. WWII was the last war that was theoretically even close to being just, but the US gov. blew that by how they fought it.

Agreed. How many pointless deaths on both sides over our strategically and tactically valueless insistence on unconditional surrender instead of a negotiated peace.

Brett85
12-25-2014, 07:59 PM

So then it seems clear that you don't believe that the air strikes against ISIS are a form of defensive military action. So if Rand Paul becomes President and authorizes air strikes against ISIS, (After he gets authorization from Congress) will you call him a terrorist as well?

JK/SEA
12-25-2014, 08:59 PM
So then it seems clear that you don't believe that the air strikes against ISIS are a form of defensive military action. So if Rand Paul becomes President and authorizes air strikes against ISIS, (After he gets authorization from Congress) will you call him a terrorist as well?

hypothetical at this point. Lets get him elected before 'we' discuss scenarios like yours.

Christian Liberty
12-25-2014, 09:33 PM

Technically yes, though I suppose you could make the argumen that his intentions to avoid war are a mitigating factor.

Then again, Rand's strategy and strict adherence to libertarian principles don't really go together anyways, so who cares?

Brett85
12-26-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm about getting to the point where this forum is just way too extreme for me. When you have people who post comments about how it's ok to murder police officers and how it would be good for an ex President to die, I wonder whether it's a good idea to even keep posting here. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure whether I should even give web traffic to a site like this that doesn't police the most extreme and vile elements that exists here. This site is addicting and hard to stay away from, but I'm not really sure if it's right to keep posting here given the amount of hate, vileness, and just straight awfulness that exists here.

NewRightLibertarian
12-27-2014, 12:12 AM
I know he's not dead yet, but rest in piss, you torturing, war-mongering, New World Order bastard!

Crashland
12-27-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm about getting to the point where this forum is just way too extreme for me. When you have people who post comments about how it's ok to murder police officers and how it would be good for an ex President to die, I wonder whether it's a good idea to even keep posting here. It's getting to the point where I'm not sure whether I should even give web traffic to a site like this that doesn't police the most extreme and vile elements that exists here. This site is addicting and hard to stay away from, but I'm not really sure if it's right to keep posting here given the amount of hate, vileness, and just straight awfulness that exists here.

In terms of 2016, at the moment I certainly would not direct any registered GOP voters who like Rand Paul to this site. The environment is toxic. I can tolerate it, because I like vibrant discussions, but there is no way that non-libertarian Rand Paul supporters would be able to survive here without being completely turned off to our preferred candidate.

Natural Citizen
12-27-2014, 12:38 AM
I'm about getting to the point where this forum is just way too extreme for me.

Me too. I've noticed this lately as well.

mrsat_98
12-27-2014, 05:16 AM
Momma always thought me if I can't say anything good about someone don't say anything at all. With that in mind I end this post Senor Bush.

A Son of Liberty
12-27-2014, 06:40 AM

http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-6333-0-12261400-1397318465.gif

If air strikes against ISIS are a form of defensive military action, then EVERY military action is "defensive".

According to what rendering of logic do you find said strikes qualifying as "defensive"?

'Terrorist' is a buzzword. Those who authorize the strikes, approve them, order them and carry them out are murderers. Now I'm super sorry if that offends the delicate sensibilities of folks who might be coaxed into voting for Rand, but that's the moral bottom line. And no scrawling on a piece of paper changes that.

acptulsa
12-27-2014, 08:06 AM

What about the amount of hate, vileness and just straight awfulness that exists in Washington? What about the killings in the street, the dying men left to bleed on the pavement, the women killed in front of their babies because they didn't instantly obey three different orders screamed at her at the same time? What about the shrinking middle class, the legal code grown so asinine that ignorance of the law is no longer an excuse for police officers? What about the shrinking dollar, the shrinking wages, the fast disappearing middle class? If we seem to be at war with the powers that be, who started that war?

How are we going to get some help draining that swamp that is D.C. if we can't get anyone to realize they should be, and have a right to be mad at the alligators?

If you were a Russian seventy years ago, and twenty million of your neighbors were dead (many through deliberate starvation), would it be immoral of you to think ill of Stalin?

'Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.'--a real traditional conservative named Goldwater

A Son of Liberty
12-27-2014, 10:19 AM
What about the amount of hate, vileness and just straight awfulness that exists in Washington? What about the killings in the street, the dying men left to bleed on the pavement, the women killed in front of their babies because they didn't instantly obey three different orders screamed at her at the same time? What about the shrinking middle class, the legal code grown so asinine that ignorance of the law is no longer an excuse for police officers? What about the shrinking dollar, the shrinking wages, the fast disappearing middle class? If we seem to be at war with the powers that be, who started that war?

How are we going to get some help draining that swamp that is D.C. if we can't get anyone to realize they should be, and have a right to be mad at the alligators?

If you were a Russian seventy years ago, and twenty million of your neighbors were dead (many through deliberate starvation), would it be immoral of you to think ill of Stalin?

'Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.'--a real traditional conservative named Goldwater

Now THIS is the sort of minarchist I can stand with. Thank you, sir. VERY well said.

All of the shrinking, cowardly "conservatives" afraid to upset anyone by recognizing AND speaking the TRUTH are "NO COUNTRYMEN OF MINE".

The Rebel Poet
12-29-2014, 03:43 PM
And all proceeds go to paying down the national debt.
+rep

dannno
12-29-2014, 03:52 PM

Which ones which?;)

Sr. is the string puller - he was in the CIA and was likely involved in the assassination of Kennedy. He was the head of the CIA in the late 70s when we began funding the Mujahedin and got the ball rolling on Iran Contra, which he became VP for and still used his CIA ties to conduct. He tried to have Reagan assassinated, at minimum a purposeful attempted assassination to get him to walk the line or at worst would have put him in line to be President.

Bush Sr. very likely helped Cheney and the other neocons plan the 9/11 attacks and Bush Jr. probably never even found out who was really behind them.. Bush Jr. was too dumb, he would have been a huge liability had he been in on the attacks. His whole purpose was to insulate.