PDA

View Full Version : Just got an e-mail from RP of TX - how do I respond?

RTsquared
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
They're shilling for money because Nancy Pelosi came to SA to raise funds for a Congressional candidate in San Antonio. Of course, we're supposed to hate Pelosi (according to this e-mail) because she wants to "surrender in Iraq".

Granted, there are reasons not to like Ms. Speaker IMO, but...should I even TRY communicating with the state party on this issue? All my (limited) funds are going to 12/16 regardless, so it's not a money issue - but should I try to let the state party know that there is a segment of Republican voters that WANT the troops out of Iraq?

Thoughts?

Talldude1412
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
They might just ignore you.

Go ahead and try though.

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=contact_home

kylejack
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
You confused me, because RP is typically used to represent Ron Paul around here. The Republican Party is generally shortened as GOP (Grand Old Party).

There's not much you can do about the situation. Party's not going to change without Ron Paul winning.

Ron LOL
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
You might want to clarify that "RP" in this case is "republican party," not "Ron Paul."

At least, that's what I get from your post.

And to answer your question: tell them that you're a proud Ron Paul republican like your sig says, and that all of your donation money is going to Ron Paul on 12/16!

ashlux
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
They're shilling for money because Nancy Pelosi came to SA to raise funds for a Congressional candidate in San Antonio. Of course, we're supposed to hate Pelosi (according to this e-mail) because she wants to "surrender in Iraq".

That's not surprising.

I was at the Texas straw poll and this was one of the central themes of some of the speakers.

What was interesting was the image of aspects of war (US troops, etc) that got plastered in every video. No dead Iraqis, of course, just mostly US troops. While I'm certainly proud of our soldiers (I have even given money for care packages), I was concerned a political party would be *that* obsessed about their military.

Frankly, the N Korea and Nazi propaganda looked similar. I mean, if you could replace all references to N Korea and swastikas, you'd be pressed to tell the difference.

Can anyone else say militarism? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militarism

It seems to be getting harder and harder to tell the difference between the US now as opposed to the evils of Nazi Germany, British Empire, etc.

How on earth do you stop such a thing *before* it destroys a country?

I got a bit off topic I supose. Sorry for the rant!

ashlux
12-03-2007, 04:05 PM
And to answer your question: tell them that you're a proud Ron Paul republican like your sig says, and that all of your donation money is going to Ron Paul on 12/16!

And tell them you do not support the militarism that is being advocated :-)

V4Vendetta
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM

Granted, there are reasons not to like Ms. Speaker IMO, but...should I even TRY communicating with the state party on this issue? All my (limited) funds are going to 12/16 regardless, so it's not a money issue - but should I try to let the state party know that there is a segment of Republican voters that WANT the troops out of Iraq?

Thoughts?

I think thats about the Dumbest question I have seen on this forum