PDA

View Full Version : Did you get a call from Ms. Paul today ? POLL

r3volution
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
trying to find out if the only people that got a call also donated ..

the poll should read

Yes i got a call today and i have donated before .

Yes i got a call today but i have never donated.

NO i did not get a call but have donated before .

r3volution
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
if you did not donate but got a call today please post ..

Taco John
12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't get this poll... I have donated before, and got a call today. I didn't donate today though.

Eric23
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Why would she call? Am I missing something here?

r3volution
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
i didn't say anything about donating today , i am trying to find out if the only people getting calls today are the ones that have donated before . because that is pointless (why call donors , you already have there vote) .

fcofer
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't get this poll... I have donated before, and got a call today. I didn't donate today though.

Some people are worried that the campaign is inexplicably restricting its telephone canvassing to people who have already (at some point in time) donated to the campaign. This, if true, would be pretty stupid.

It would be nice to see a post from someone who has not donated and yet received a call.

Mods, you may want to modify the poll descriptor (or maybe the OP can edit the original post) so that we don't get any false positives. Change it to "I have NEVER donated (yet)" or something.

r3volution
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Some people are worried that the campaign is inexplicably restricting its telephone canvassing to people who have already (at some point in time) donated to the campaign. This, if true, would be pretty stupid.

It would be nice to see a post from someone who has not donated and yet received a call.

Mods, you may want to modify the poll descriptor (or maybe the OP can edit the original post) so that we don't get any false positives. Change it to "I have NEVER donated (yet)" or something.

good idea , i should have been more clear . i will not let me edit the poll . we need a mod ..

Liberty Star
12-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I got the call, it was a nicely worded message with personal touch.

I have donated, I'm hoping donors are not the only ones getting these calls since they are already freedom converts and target audience is broader. I think that is the reason behind your poll too.

ckhagen
12-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Fact is, you're not going to find a whole lot of people on this forum who haven't ever donated. It's a totally skewed view of things.

I haven't donated, but my husband has. He says he used his cell number on his donation. He also used his cell number for his voter registration. I have never donated and I received a call on my home phone, but not my cell phone. I used my home phone for my voter registration.

valenciastudent
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Poorly worded poll, it sounds as if it wants to know if you donated in response to the phone call, not if you have ever donated before.

JPFromTally
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
What do you mean you haven't donated yet?

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/289508/357503.jpg

Taco John
12-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I donated before, and I received a call... I didn't think it was a tremendously well worded phone call, however. It wasn't clear to me at the beginning who she was and why she was calling me. In fact the only reason I hung in there was because I was familiar with the campaign and wanted to evaluate the message.

RevolutionSD
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I got a call and have donated in the past. But the call sounded like it was targeting new voters.

Also why did they give out a phone number at the end of the call but not his website?????
What are the odds that in this day and age someone is actually going to call for more info?

Thom1776
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
This would tell a lot:

"I received a call and I have never donated nor have I ever given my phone number to the campaign for any other reason."

They may have the phone numbers of people who just signed up on the website but never donated.

Taco John
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I believe that this call is eventually being targetted towards older folks (hence the phone number), but in this initial stage they are using us as a sound board.

MikeStanart
I'll be honest;

I got the phone call; and I've never donated before.

I really, really, really, really have wanted to donate before now. But my First Donation day will be December 16th.

I'm assuming they got my number from being a Texas Straw Poll voter.

Thom1776
Also why did they give out a phone number at the end of the call but not his website?????
What are the odds that in this day and age someone is actually going to call for more info?

Believe it or not, there are still people out there who do not use the internet.

rpfreedom08
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
oops I just put yes but never donated. I wasn't sure what you where asking. Anyways yes I have donated and I am pretty close to maxing

fcofer
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
I'll be honest;

I got the phone call; and I've never donated before.

I really, really, really, really have wanted to donate before now. But my First Donation day will be December 16th.

Wow, thanks for being honest! This is actually very good news, thanks very much for posting!!!

I'm assuming they got my number from being a Texas Straw Poll voter.

If that's the only way the campaign could have gotten your phone number, then great!

PLEASE, if anyone else has never donated and yet got the Carol Paul call, let us know! And let us know how the campaign might have gotten your number!