PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano talks to ReasonTV about his new book "Suicide Pact"

jct74
12-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Judge Andrew Napolitano: America is becoming a Surveillance State

Nick Gillespie & Amanda Winkler | December 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvYnmklNhs

"Jefferson and Madison and William O. Douglas and everybody that took a stand for human liberty would be turning in their graves," roars Judge Andrew Napolitano about President Obama's decision to use drones on American citizens.

The syndicated columnist, Fox News senior judicial analyst, and outspoken libertarian sat down with Reason TV's Nick Gillespie to discuss his new book, Suicide Pact:The Radical Expansion of Presidential Powers and the Assault on Civil Liberties.

Napolitano discusses how presidents from George Washington to Abraham Lincoln to Woodrow Wilson to George W. Bush to Barack Obama have used war and domestics threats to massively increase the reach of the state. He also talks about the popularity of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who wrote the foreword to Suicide Pact, how his law students are increasingly skeptical of government invasion of privacy, and why he thinks his friend and TV sparring partner Jon Stewart is a actually a libertarian who just doesn't know it yet.

About 26 minutes.

Edited by Amanda Winkler. Shot by Joshua Swain and Todd Krainin.

http://reason.com/reasontv/2014/12/19/judge-andrew-napolitano-on-how-america-i

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Thanks for posting.

Vanguard101
12-20-2014, 10:21 PM
I bought the book.

Todd
12-21-2014, 06:56 AM
I think Al Sharpton and the Judge are overestimating the possibility of inner city young blacks vote for Rand. I won't be holding my breath until I see it.

TruckinMike
12-21-2014, 07:10 AM
How can the judge be so silly with his open border position?

Doesn't he know that open borders mixed with democratic rule will destroy any and all freedoms via the empowerment of the state? As the voters expect more, want more, and vote for more; the state's powers expand to meet the needs of the majority. Destruction of all rights and freedoms rapidly ensue. An open borders democracy is nothing less than the nature of man and the nature government embraced in a symbiotic dance of destruction.

.... to bad that we don't live in a constitutional republic.

kcchiefs6465
12-21-2014, 10:27 AM
How can the judge be so silly with his open border position?

Doesn't he know that open borders mixed with democratic rule will destroy any and all freedoms via the empowerment of the state? As the voters expect more, want more, and vote for more; the state's powers expand to meet the needs of the majority. Destruction of all rights and freedoms rapidly ensue. An open borders democracy is nothing less than the nature of man and the nature government embraced in a symbiotic dance of destruction.

.... to bad that we don't live in a constitutional republic.
In case it wasn't clear, your neighbors want your property at least as much so, if not more so, than immigrants would/do.

Your neighbors are who elected Barack Obama, George Bush, etc.