PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Obama is an okay president?

brandon
12-20-2014, 12:03 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of him, but compared to W he's a lot less scary. I find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?

specsaregood
12-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Keep in mind that he only had a democrat-controlled house for 2 years out of his entire term.

Indy Vidual
12-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Obama cares about you. :o

HVACTech
12-20-2014, 12:07 AM
is this a comparative or a relative analysis?

ZENemy
12-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Puppets

HVACTech
12-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Obama cares about you. :o

:eek:

BV2
12-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Absolutely not. Just another psychopath.

oyarde
12-20-2014, 12:24 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of him, but compared to W he's a lot less scary. I find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?

Uh , No , I do not think these fuckers are OK , not even close .

emazur
12-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Under Obama you got Obamacare, under Bush you got Bushcare (Medicaid D). Which is worse? I'd have to run the numbers, one of them being how much each contributes to the national debt. Did payroll tax go up as a result of Bushcare, and if so - how much? If no increase, Bush gets the upper hand because you are forced to buy insurance or pay the penalty under Obamacare. But at least there was a temporary payroll tax holiday under Obama

Debt - Obama has added more to the debt than Bush. Advantage: Bush

War - Bush started Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama attempted to extend Bush's withdrawal from Iraq and also attacked Syria and Libya though to my surprise - not Iran. Syria and Libya don't seem as big a deal as Iraq and Afghan, but does anyone think he wouldn't have invaded them if he was president from 2000 to 2008?

Economics - Obama's stimulus was much larger than anything carried out by Bush to my knowledge. Both were bad about bailouts

Civil liberties - Obama has expanded the atrocities started under Bush, drone strikes against American citizens for one. So I guess Obama is worst

tone - that's about the only thing I can think for sure Obama is better at. He doesn't go around saying "I'm the decider", "mission accomplished", etc and he's a more eloquent and down to earth speaker.

If you can name some key areas where Obama was better, I'd like to hear them.

Specsaregood makes a good point in that Obama could have been even worse with more years of a Democrat controlled Congress (not that McCain with a Republican dominated Congress would have been better - probably worse than Obama's actual performance I'd guess)

Working Poor
12-20-2014, 12:53 AM
I don't like obamacare or how he extended the patriot act. I don't hate him I am just not in love with him.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Definitions of okay in various forms of speech:

exclamation: okay

used to express assent, agreement, or acceptance

adjective: okay

satisfactory but not exceptionally or especially good

adverb: okay

in a satisfactory manner or to a satisfactory extent

noun: okay

an authorization or approval

verb: okay

sanction or give approval to

So, is Obama an okay president? My answer is an unequivocal no.

DamianTV
12-20-2014, 02:17 AM
I have learned to not hate Puppets, but the Puppet Masters.

Professing hatred in this day and age will land those who whisper above their breath in condemnation of Puppet Presidents will soon find themselves Disappeared.

If we want somewhere to place blame, then I'd look to Obama's Handler, who I suspect is Zbiginew Brezinski.

Wooden Indian
12-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Oh for sure! Ran our national debt up to historically absurd levels, increased big brother's watchful eye with illegal spying on his citizens, murdered untold people with his sweet little drones... duh, the dood is totally OK!

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?

tangent4ronpaul
12-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Check you calendar. April first is MONTHS away!

That said, he's a likable guy. Just do not want him in the drivers seat...
I'd much rather go golfing with Obama than duck hunting with Chesney...

-t

A Son of Liberty
12-20-2014, 05:44 AM
Check you calendar. April first is MONTHS away!

That said, he's a likable guy. Just do not want him in the drivers seat...
I'd much rather go golfing with Obama than duck hunting with Chesney...

-t

You really think he's a likable guy? Have you ever spent any time around someone like Obama? I'm talking Ivy League educated progressives. They're some of the most annoying people on the planet.

Ronin Truth
12-20-2014, 06:01 AM
The bar for POTUS (and candidate POTUS wannabes) has been set awfully low for quite some time now.

jmdrake
12-20-2014, 06:05 AM

Really, you can't think of anything you disagree with Obama on other than economic policy?

So you agree with.....

TSA expansion? http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2012/02/29/the-tsa-is-coming-to-a-highway-near-you/2/

NSA expansion? http://www.wired.com/2014/11/utah-considers-cutting-water-nsas-monster-data-center/

Backing Al Qaeda and initiating a "kinetic action" (war) against an ally (Libya)? http://www.independentsentinel.com/the-libyan-kinetic-military-action-supported-al-qaeda-all-along/

Backing Al Qaeda and trying to overthrow another former ally (Assad) in Syria? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

Selling guns to Mexican drug lords in an effort to undermine U.S. gun rights? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

How about having U.S. troops protect the opium trade in Afghanistan? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNqIrDKnNE8

The IRS harassing political opponents of the president? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAJu6BuwAQ

Yeah. If none of the above bothers you (and I could go on) then you are alone. I do think John McCain arguably would have been a worse president but only because he had a fetish for going to war with Iran. Any jackass who would sink "bomb bomb bomb Iran" when the American people were already war weary is not fit to be dog catcher let alone senator let alone president. But Obama has been a disaster as president. Even black people who are informed and honest have to admit that under Obama blacks are doing worse than before. (That's back to the economic issues you were talking about, but still).

Spikender
12-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Fuck no.

The only aspect Obama that is remotely "okay" is that he's not any worse than anybody else who ran against him, with the obvious exception of Ron Paul. I'm sure we would've been in a similar yet different mess with any other candidate sans Paul if they won.

jmdrake
12-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Fuck no.

The only aspect Obama that is remotely "okay" is that he's not any worse than anybody else who ran against him, with the obvious exception of Ron Paul. I'm sure we would've been in a similar yet different mess with any other candidate sans Paul if they won.

Well to be fair I can think of a few things I agree with Obama on. Opening trade with Cuba for one. Rolling back (at least somewhat) disparate sentencing for crack versus powder cocaine is another. There may be a few more things if I think hard enough. But yeah, overall he's been a disaster for freedom and not just because of economics. And yes, any other major party candidate other than Ron would have been as bad. The major parties are the problem.

Warlord
12-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Well to be fair I can think of a few things I agree with Obama on. Opening trade with Cuba for one. Rolling back (at least somewhat) disparate sentencing for crack versus powder cocaine is another. There may be a few more things if I think hard enough. But yeah, overall he's been a disaster for freedom and not just because of economics. And yes, any other major party candidate other than Ron would have been as bad. The major parties are the problem.

If Obama cared about the crack vs, powder sentencing he;d had pardoned a bunch of those serving mandatory miniumums such as Wendos Angelos who got 50 years for selling some weed. check out www.famm.org

jmdrake
12-20-2014, 07:10 AM
If Obama cared about the crack vs, powder sentencing he;d had pardoned a bunch of those serving mandatory miniumums such as Wendos Angelos who got 50 years for selling some weed. check out www.famm.org

I clicked on your link and one of the top stories I saw was this:

FAMM Praises Obama for Commuting Sentences of Barbara Scrivner, Others

Sure, more could be done. More can always be done. If Rand gets elected will he mass pardon all non violent drug offenders the day after he is inaugurated? Maybe. Maybe not. If we're going to be honest, we have to at least acknowledge positive moves done by the other side. It will be easier for a Rand Paul to continue pardoning nonviolent drug offenders with the precedent being set by Obama.

pcosmar
12-20-2014, 07:20 AM
At least he is not Romney. (or McCain)

It could be worse.

Ronin Truth
12-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Apparently enough folks think so, after all he got elected twice (by the vote counters). Go figure.

Peace Piper
12-20-2014, 07:42 AM
find myself agreeing with him more often then not when it comes to anything other than economic policy. I imagine the country would be in a much worse place if any Republican won, other than Paul, in either of the past elections. Thoughts? Am I alone here?

How can you "agree" with this person when literally almost everything that spouts forth from his grinning mouth is a lie? This has got to be one of the worst presidents ever to hold the office. EVER.

Stockholm syndrome? How sad to see this from someone that has been here since '07.

This grinning jug eared lying SOB almost makes Reagan look like Thomas Jefferson. I count the days until I won't have to stumble on his voice when tuning through a radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDbTaWpwoc

Ramming through a law (after lying about it AT EVERY POSSIBLE CHANCE) that mandates every citizen to purchase corporate insurance is now not a big deal?

And his latest behind the scenes attempts to shove yet 2 more so called "free trade" agreements down the dumb citizens throats is gonna be great for the few that still have managed to hold part time jobs, after he lied about his position on NAFTA. This clown literally makes me sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9gpvI2UfU

I really don't have much hope for this country at all anymore, thanks to this kind of drivel. It's going to take a complete economic meltdown before any kind of sanity starts to return.

Obama is a disgrace to every single American and every one else in the world. A DISGRACE.

phill4paul
12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
In a nation of 300 million+ if the best we can do is "okay" regarding the presidency we need a reset.

jonhowe
12-20-2014, 08:02 AM
In 6 years he's done 1 or 2 things I agree with. Most recently the Cuba thing.

I don't think that's NEARLY enough to offset the damage he's done. His economic policies alone have done as much damage as Bush II ever did. He's pushed us to the brink of real conflict with russia for the 1st time in my lifetime. He expanded the NSA. He extended the NDAA/Patrio Act/etc.

I think people are just tired of being angry and are looking for the bright side. It's good for your health, I guess?

Spikender
12-20-2014, 08:05 AM

Well of course Obama can't do everything wrong. A broken President is right twice every eight years.

brandon
12-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Ok yea you guys are right. He has done a lot of shitty things. I guess i was thinking about things like cuba and amnesty both of which i support. His marijuana policy has also been liberal enough to actually allow states to fully legalize, which i dont think would have happened under any other president. And while hes increased targeted air strikes and drones, he has for the most part drawn down and ended two ground wars and has not started any new ones.

I dont really care too much about obamacare. Yea its stupid, but giving cheap insurance to the poor isnt exactly an atrocity.

I just think in the history books obama will go down as a fairly benign president, comparitavely.

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok yea you guys are right. He has done a lot of shitty things. I guess i was thinking about things like cuba and amnesty both of which i support. His marijuana policy has also been liberal enough to actually allow states to fully legalize, which i dont think would have happened under any other president. And while hes increased targeted air strikes and drones, he has for the most part drawn down and ended two ground wars and has not started any new ones.

I dont really care too much about obamacare. Yea its stupid, but giving cheap insurance to the poor isnt exactly an atrocity.

I just think in the history books obama will go down as a fairly benign president, comparitavely.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

They will be in Afghanistan for at least another decade, Iraq forever...

Obama is a war criminal. Pretty amazing to me that anyone, let alone someone who's ostensibly been following politics for as long as you have, does not see this.

Simply for Al Majalah he should be facing a court. This even ignores the policy in Somalia, Mali, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Nigeria, etc. etc. etc. etc. Obama has done more to legitimize drone warfare, targeted strikes, assassination, and torture, than any other president did or probably could. He ordered the assassination of an American citizen without due process. He targets whisteblowers who step forward to speak on the administration's crimes. He uses political pressure to keep journalists who report on his war crimes in a cage.

This is so damn ridiculous I don't even know why I'm bothering.

Voluntarist
12-20-2014, 10:01 AM
xxxxx

fisharmor
12-20-2014, 10:08 AM
Oh, I'll admit it. Obama has done some things I like.
I like that he's opening up Cuba relations.
I like that he's dialing back the unconstitutional immigration policy.
I can't say I like the way he's doing either of those, but I've long since given up on officials following official process.

If we're comparing to W... well, the only thing W did was give me the money I needed to buy a TV. And the only reason I was shopping for a TV is because the federal government made my old TV worthless when they cut off the old VHF/UHF broadcasts.
I bought a 32" 720p television for around $750, using the "stupid check" that W sent out.
Think about that, and go look at similar televisions and what they cost just 5 years later.

I would rather have waited.

I get the point, though. I thought at the time - and still think - that Clinton was a horrible president. But I'm able to see that he's not as bad as W, or any of the other R team offerings.

It's all moot, though, as this thread is just a case study in why I'm never going to vote again.

heavenlyboy34
12-20-2014, 10:12 AM
In a nation of 300 million+ if the best we can do is "okay" regarding the presidency we need a reset.

Well, on paper "okay" is all that's needed to make a "good" POTUS. (as you can see in the requirements for POTUS in the CONstitution, the standards are ridiculously low)

Henry Rogue
12-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Increased Drone strikes, embargo on Crimea, obamacare. No, i don't think he is an Okay president. I think he is a F'ing bad president.

willwash
12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I voted for Obama. But only to keep the door open for Rand in 2016...couldn't have Romney screwing that up

Origanalist
12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
This thread is so bad I had to give it a rating.

enhanced_deficit
12-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Not alone.. but you are probably among the 4.85% here who see good in disgraced dronegangsta (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433586-Majority-of-Americans-now-believe-Obama-is-quot-dishonest-and-untrustworthy) puppet of moderate neocons:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/poll_posticon.gif Poll: Do you respect Obama? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444931-Do-you-respect-Obama&)

Christian Liberty
12-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Oh, I'll admit it. Obama has done some things I like.
I like that he's opening up Cuba relations.
I like that he's dialing back the unconstitutional immigration policy.
I can't say I like the way he's doing either of those, but I've long since given up on officials following official process.

If we're comparing to W... well, the only thing W did was give me the money I needed to buy a TV. And the only reason I was shopping for a TV is because the federal government made my old TV worthless when they cut off the old VHF/UHF broadcasts.
I bought a 32" 720p television for around $750, using the "stupid check" that W sent out.
Think about that, and go look at similar televisions and what they cost just 5 years later.

I would rather have waited.

I get the point, though. I thought at the time - and still think - that Clinton was a horrible president. But I'm able to see that he's not as bad as W, or any of the other R team offerings.

It's all moot, though, as this thread is just a case study in why I'm never going to vote again.

I can understand not wanting to vote for Rand, but if there were to be a genuine Ron Paul quality candidate would you really not vote for him? Let's face it, anarcho-capitalism is a longshot to ever be implemented. I'd like to be more free...

As for Obama, I wouldn't call him "OK", though I tend to agree he'd be better than Romney or McCain. He's still awful.

PaulConventionWV
12-20-2014, 11:20 AM

It really doesn't matter who wins. There's no practical difference between Democrats and Republicans anymore. They may talk about different issues, but they all do exactly the same thing when wielding power.

PaulConventionWV
12-20-2014, 11:30 AM

Lol, don't throw him a bone. Obama is far from "okay."

youngbuck
12-20-2014, 11:36 AM
In no way, shape, or form is Obama an "okay" president. He's merely Bush on steroids with a progressive image. His cabinet (as a whole) is probably the worst there's ever been, and America is gotten worse in every way since he's been president. The ramifications of his actions will take many years to fully pan out, and we've surely yet to feel the worst of it.

RonPaulIsGreat
12-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Ima like dis masta better, when he beat on me, and take me stuff, he no talk mean to me. He shows respect to us slaves. Oh lordy, when bush was the master, he'd tell you he was da "decider" right to all the poor slaves. Obama do now, he is smoother, he don't go shoving it in all mean like, he get a slave going with sweet promises, and lovely lies. You bleed the same but obama is so much better.

Suzanimal
12-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Anyone else think Obama is an okay president?

http://i.imgur.com/EMPuzPq.jpg

nobody's_hero
12-20-2014, 11:54 AM
George W. Bush was a dumbass who was drunk half the time when he did the things he did.

On the other hand, Obama, in a sober state of mind, is one of the most narcissistic, power-hungry presidents we've had since perhaps FDR.

When I'm evaluating presidents, I try to consider personality as well, and when you measure up which of those two is most likely to become the next Adolf Hitler, do keep in mind that George W. Bush was just an easily-manipulated drunk.

12-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Anyone else think Obama is an okay president?

No

Zippyjuan
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Under Obama you got Obamacare, under Bush you got Bushcare (Medicaid D). Which is worse? I'd have to run the numbers, one of them being how much each contributes to the national debt. Did payroll tax go up as a result of Bushcare, and if so - how much? If no increase, Bush gets the upper hand because you are forced to buy insurance or pay the penalty under Obamacare. But at least there was a temporary payroll tax holiday under Obama

Debt - Obama has added more to the debt than Bush. Advantage: Bush

War - Bush started Iraq and Afghanistan. Obama attempted to extend Bush's withdrawal from Iraq and also attacked Syria and Libya though to my surprise - not Iran. Syria and Libya don't seem as big a deal as Iraq and Afghan, but does anyone think he wouldn't have invaded them if he was president from 2000 to 2008?

Economics - Obama's stimulus was much larger than anything carried out by Bush to my knowledge. Both were bad about bailouts

Civil liberties - Obama has expanded the atrocities started under Bush, drone strikes against American citizens for one. So I guess Obama is worst

tone - that's about the only thing I can think for sure Obama is better at. He doesn't go around saying "I'm the decider", "mission accomplished", etc and he's a more eloquent and down to earth speaker.

If you can name some key areas where Obama was better, I'd like to hear them.

Specsaregood makes a good point in that Obama could have been even worse with more years of a Democrat controlled Congress (not that McCain with a Republican dominated Congress would have been better - probably worse than Obama's actual performance I'd guess)

Debt- in percent terms, more under Bush. Dollar terms- Obama but a note on both- Congress writes the budget, not the president. Deficits declined while Obama has been president.

Economics: Stimulus- again, Congress but the Congressional stimulus and bailouts were passed while Bush was President. True there was more QE by the Fed while Obama has been president, but again, nothing a president has any control over.

Presidents are neither as great as their followers think they are and not as terrible as their opponents think they are. Often they are reacting to circumstances. Obama did have control over pushing Obama Care and Bush had control over invading Iraq and Afghanistan though.

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Debt- in percent terms, more under Bush. Dollar terms- Obama but a note on both- Congress writes the budget, not the president. Deficits declined while Obama has been president.

Economics: Stimulus- again, Congress but the Congressional stimulus and bailouts were passed while Bush was President. True the was more QE by the Fed while Obama has been president, but again, nothing a president has any control over.

Presidents are neither as great as their followers think they are and not as terrible as their opponents think they are. Often they are reacting to circumstances. Obama did have control over pushing Obama Care and Bush had control over invading Iraq and Afghanistan though.
And Obama had control over assassinating a few American citizens.

And dropping cluster bombs on pregnant women and young children in Al Majalah to name but an instance.

And the imprisonment of Abdulelah Haider Shaye.

And the killing of mediators in Yemen.

And the raid in Khataba.

And the torture at various black sites from Mogadishu to Camp NAMA as well as Guantanamo Bay.

Warlord
12-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Here comes Zippy to dole out the pro-state spin

Natural Citizen
12-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Seems like he's just a glorified secretary for multi-nationals. Of course, they all seem to be.

ChristianAnarchist
12-20-2014, 01:45 PM
So I went to:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/OK.html
and I'd have to say the Obama can be said to be "OK" (overkill)...

TheCount
12-20-2014, 02:12 PM
On an absolute scale, no.

But if compared to (only) Bush, McCain, and Romney? Fuck yeah, he's GREAT. I can't even imagine what the world would be like right now if McCain had gotten elected.

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 02:24 PM
On an absolute scale, no.

But if compared to (only) Bush, McCain, and Romney? Fuck yeah, he's GREAT. I can't even imagine what the world would be like right now if McCain had gotten elected.
They'd probably be conducting missile strikes in Somalia if McCain was elected. And there's no way McCain would have closed Guantanamo.

helmuth_hubener
12-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Is Guantanamo finally closed?

Zippyjuan
12-20-2014, 02:39 PM
More prisoners were released today (Congress has been withholding funds to close Gitmo).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/20/obama-administration-sends-4-afghans-back-home-from-guantanamo/

Pentagon returns four Guantanamo detainees to Afghanistan

The Pentagon said Saturday it has released four Afghan detainees at the Guantanamo Bay detention center to their home country, President Obama’s most recent effort to reduce the detainee population toward his goal of closing the facility.

They will be given to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, reducing the number of Guantanamo detainees to 132, including eight Afghans.

The four were released after the interagency Guantanamo Review Task Force conducted a comprehensive review, including whether they were a security risk, as directed by the president's Jan. 22, 2009, executive order.

U.S. officials said the release of the detainees is an indication of improved U.S.-Afghan relations and a sign of their confidence in new Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.

There is no requirement that the Afghan government further detain the men, identified as Mohammed Zahir, Shawali Khan, Abdul Ghani and Khi Ali Gul.

The facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, was opened in the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks.

Administration officials, speaking on a condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, say more transfers are expected in the coming weeks.

Those remaining include 64 approved for transfer.

Before Obama can close Guantanamo, he faces the challenge of working out what to do with any detainees who aren't cleared for transfer -- either because the United States wants to prosecute them or continuing holding them because they are considered too dangerous to release. Congress has passed legislation blocking detainees from coming to the U.S. for detention or trial.

More at link.

That brings to 98 the total released since Obama became president. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_release_and_transfer_of_Guantanamo _Bay_detainees

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/guantanamo-bay-close_n_3438347.html

Guantanamo Bay To Stay Open As House Blocks Bill To Close Infamous Prison

WASHINGTON -- A worsening hunger strike and a fresh plea by President Barack Obama to close the Guantanamo Bay prison fell on deaf ears in Congress Friday, as the House of Representatives voted to keep the increasingly infamous jail open.

The House voted to make it harder for Obama to begin shifting inmates, adding a restriction to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014 that bars any of the roughly 56 prisoners who have been cleared by military and intelligence officials to be sent to Yemen from being transferred there for one year. Some 30 other Gitmo inmates of the 166 kept there have also been cleared for release.

"The Defense Department should not transfer detainees to Yemen because they represent some of the most dangerous terrorists known in the world," said Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-Ind.), who sponsored the fresh ban on shipping anyone out of Gitmo.

Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.), who offered a competing amendment to create a plan to close Gitmo, found the new restriction especially ironic, noting that federal authorities believe the Yemeni detainees are safe enough to be set free.

"Not everybody that we rounded up and took to Guantanamo, unfortunately, turned out to be the very dangerous terrorists that we thought they were," Smith said, adding that continuing to hold them -- at a facility costing $1.6 million a year for each inmate -- was not sensible.

"Determining that if there is any minimal threat whatsoever we're simply going to hold them forever is, well, quite frankly, un-American. That is contrary to our values to say we're going to hold somebody indefinitely -- I gather forever -- because we think there might possibly be some risk," Smith said. "That's not the way the Constitution is supposed to work."

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Is Guantanamo finally closed?
That was my point.

People will speak of what McCain would possibly have done as president, when what Obama did do as president (or did not do) is perfectly evident for all to see.

Helicopters and drones are very much over Somalia firing missiles at suspected jihadists, as well.

kcchiefs6465
12-20-2014, 02:43 PM
More prisoners were released today (Congress has been withholding funds to release more).

Good to hear, Zippy. You are on top of it today.

At this rate, come 2150, Guantanamo will be a thing of the past.

Carlybee
12-20-2014, 02:47 PM
No. Just another puppet as are 95% of everyone else in Washington including Congress.

helmuth_hubener
12-20-2014, 03:18 PM
That was my point.

Ahh, well played.

I had no idea the DC swamplords were bombing Somalia. Again. They seem to never tire of that.

TheTexan
12-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Obama is a great President. He is executing the duties & responsibilities of President as is intended for the position.

Brian4Liberty
12-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Obama is a great POTUS, if you like Marxism, socialism, favoritism, race baiting, power grabbing, Constitution shredding, free market economy destroying, debt piling, pork spending, war-mongering, drone killing, crony corporatism, big government and Big Brother.

Perhaps we need a thread title change:

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Brian4Liberty
12-20-2014, 05:09 PM

LOL. And I have a bridge to sell you...

jkob
12-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Obama being better than McCain is like saying Stalin is better than Hitler

ChristianAnarchist
12-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Obama being better than McCain is like saying Stalin is better than Hitler

No, it's "Stalin WAS better than Hitler"... (yeah, I guess he was...)

Ronin Truth
12-21-2014, 06:56 AM
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -- H.L. Mencken (Baltimore Evening Sun on 6 July 1920)

Todd
12-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Nope. You are living in the 4th term of George Bush. Obama capitalized on every bad mistake, power grab, and leftist domestic policy Bush made and has taken it to another level.

rpfocus
12-21-2014, 05:42 PM
I would still vote for Obama over Mittens. Luckily, common sense is the first choice and I would write in Ron Paul. Again.

PRB
12-21-2014, 09:05 PM

yes, you are alone or at least you should be.

If you don't hate Obama for everything he stands for we'll never win. We need America to believe he's the antichrist born in Kenya or else people will never stop voting Democrat. the only way we'll win back this country is by believing Obama and democrats are communists and disagree with everything they say, if Obama says the sky is blue , we have to think of a different word to call the sky.

The country would NOT be worse under Republican!!!! We'd not have Obamacare, we'd have lower wages, we'd not have another "pay equality" bill, we'd not have states voting left and right legalizing gay marriages.

acptulsa
12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
The country would NOT be worse under Republican!!!! We'd not have Obamacare, we'd have lower wages, we'd not have another "pay equality" bill, we'd not have states voting left and right legalizing gay marriages.

Romney would have changed none of that. Hell, he invented Obamacare. Or did you sleep through that detail?

heavenlyboy34
12-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Romney would have changed none of that. Hell, he invented Obamacare. Or did you sleep through that detail?

Yes, this^^

heavenlyboy34
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Obama is a great POTUS, if you like Marxism, socialism, favoritism, race baiting, power grabbing, Constitution shredding, free market economy destroying, debt piling, pork spending, war-mongering, drone killing, crony corporatism, big government and Big Brother.

Perhaps we need a thread title change:

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."
Some of those are contradictory. Marxism and crony capitalism, for example. Marx thoroughly disliked crony capitalism-"Capitalism" is his word for bourgeois corporatists. See Das Kapital (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Kapital), for example.

Pericles
12-21-2014, 11:44 PM
While the libertaran in me does not care what mind altering substances one chooses to use, the OP is why I suggest not doing so.

PRB
12-22-2014, 01:29 AM

But it wouldn't be called Obamacare. That's the point! The only thing wrong about ObamaCare is that it's called Obamacare! Republicans would've had a better system just by not calling it ObamaCare, just ask Sarah Palin, she would never allow death panels to exist because obviously under a Republican system nobody would ever die.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Some of those are contradictory. Marxism and crony capitalism, for example. Marx thoroughly disliked crony capitalism-"Capitalism" is his word for bourgeois corporatists. See Das Kapital (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Kapital), for example.

Marx may have hated fascism, but fascists have always adored Marx.

And so has it always been with the silly buggar who invents the most corruptible system ever, in an effort to be helpful.

Occam's Banana
12-22-2014, 08:34 AM

"Okay" is indeed the absolute best we can expect from an average drawn upon 300 million+ people. (There is a good reason why the concept of the "lowest common denominator" has negative connotations when used outside of mathematics as a metaphor.)

"More" is not "better," the country is too damn big, and we are in fact in dire need of a "reset" ...

IOW: Break it up and break it down!

[Obama] ordered the assassination of an American citizen without due process.

Anwar al-Awlaki and his son Abdulrahman make two such assassinations of US citizens under Obama's watch.

It should surprise no one if there are more ...

Maybe so - but since when has contradiction been any kind of stumbling block in politics?

The absence of contradiction is simply not to be expected from the booboisie - or from the politicians who pander to them.

Koz
12-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Obama is a piece of crap. Nuff said.

jmdrake
12-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Obama is a great President. He is executing the duties & responsibilities of President as is intended for the position.

LOL. It's funny when people read your post without a working sarcasm detector.

brushfire
12-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Obama is the response to bush... We'll see what we've learned next election

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/e/ee/The-pit-and-the-pendulum.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110703144958

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:15 AM
A white Republican wouldn't have been able to get away with such crimes.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 09:22 AM
A white Republican wouldn't have been able to get away with such crimes.

Dubya and Cheney got away with almost all of the same crimes and one or two more.

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Dubya and Cheney got away with almost all of the same crimes and one or two more.

Not like this. He had the media covering up every possible every scandal. And any modicum of criticism is immediately projected as some sort of racial animus. Obama was handpicked as the frontman for the NWO. To accelerate and continue what what they started with the Gerard Ford administration.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Not like this. He had the media covering up every possible every scandal. And any modicum of criticism is immediately projected as some sort of racial animus. Obama was handpicked as the frontman for the NWO. To accelerate and continue what what they started with the Gerard Ford administration.

They not only got every possible scandal covered up (how much have you heard in the MSM about Cheney personally calling the Air Force off the hijacked jetliners?), but every critic was projected as a 'terrist'. Dubya was hand picked as frontman for the NWO by his father, who is not only a former head of the CIA, but just happens to be the first person who used the phrase 'New World Order' in front of television cameras.

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:41 AM
At least he is not Romney. (or McCain)

It could be worse.

A republican wouldn't have been given such a long leash. That it is the beauty of a biracial president with the unyielding loyalty of the corporate media. You are practically teflon in order to push forth certain policy initiatives.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 09:44 AM
A republican wouldn't have been given such a long leash.

You mean his brother (if he had one) could not only have filled WTC7 with explosives, but could have bragged about it too?

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:44 AM
They not only got every possible scandal covered up (how much have you heard in the MSM about Cheney personally calling the Air Force off the hijacked jetliners?), but every critic was projected as a 'terrist'. Dubya was hand picked as frontman for the NWO by his father, who is not only a former head of the CIA, but just happens to be the first person who used the phrase 'New World Order' in front of television cameras.

Do you think Bush and Cheney would have survived an IRS scandal? Utilizing the IRS to punish political opponents? They would have been impeached. It would have been Watergate X 10. Bush set the standard for criminality but Obama raised it by two notches thanks to a fawning 4th estate. With each passing POTUS, they each raise the bar with their audacity.

philipped
12-22-2014, 09:45 AM
He's below ok, but above absolutely trash.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 09:49 AM
http://politix.topix.com/story/6072-irs-targeted-liberals-under-bush

"In 2004, the IRS went after the NAACP, auditing the nation's oldest civil rights group after its chairman criticized President Bush for being the first sitting president since Herbert Hoover not to address the organization," writes Seitz-Wald. He quotes the then NAACP chairman: "It's pretty obvious that the complainant was someone who doesn't believe George Bush should be criticized, and it's obvious of their response that the IRS believes this, too."

In 2006, the IRS investigated Greenpeace at the instigation of a pressure group funded by Exxon Mobile.

In 2005 the Senate held a hearing on political activity by "social welfare" groups, at which it was noted that the IRS needed "to better define the lines between politics and social welfare," writes Seitz-Wald. Yet nothing was done. Meanwhile nonprofits experienced bizarre inconsistencies, like the non-profit Emerge America which was given non-profit status in Kentucky but denied it in Massachusetts, Maine, and Nevada.

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I think this sums it up. A democrat who admitted that she has never seen such a cunning, cuttthroat administration in her entire career.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/01/jill-abramson-this-is-the-most-secretive-white-house-181742.html

New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson says that President Obama's White House is the "most secretive White House" that she's covered during her long tenure as a political journalist.

"I would say it is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering, and that includes — I spent 22 years of my career in Washington and covered presidents from President Reagan on up through now, and I was Washington bureau chief of the Times during George W. Bush's first term," Abramson told Al Jazeera America in an interview that will air on Sunday.

"I dealt directly with the Bush White House when they had concerns that stories we were about to run put the national security under threat. But, you know, they were not pursuing criminal leak investigations," she continued. "The Obama administration has had seven criminal leak investigations. That is more than twice the number of any previous administration in our history. It's on a scale never seen before. This is the most secretive White House that, at least as a journalist, I have ever dealt with."

PierzStyx
12-22-2014, 09:53 AM

I don't see how. Obama continued the same war time policies of W. Obama continued the same domestic spying policies as W. Obama continued the same drone policies of W, even escalating them to assassinating Americans. He continued the same torturing policies as W, Obama just move it off shore. Obama has re-signed the Patriot Act multiple times. Obama and W have the same economic policies with the bailouts and corporate socialism. The more this goes on, the more I fail to see a substantial difference between W and Obombya. Don't fall for the rhetoric.

AuH20
12-22-2014, 09:55 AM
I don't see how. Obama continued the same war time policies of W. Obama continued the same domestic spying policies as W. Obama continued the same drone policies of W, even escalating them to assassinating Americans. He continued the same torturing policies as W, Obama just move it off shore. Obama has re-signed the Patriot Act multiple times. Obama and W have the same economic policies with the bailouts and corporate socialism. The more this goes on, the more I fail to see a substantial difference between W and Obombya. Don't fall for the rhetoric.

And the worst part is that he suckered so many into believing that he was the opposite of Dubya. That tells you what type of sociopath that we're dealing with. At least Bush told you what he was going to do and followed through on those atrocious policies.

PierzStyx
12-22-2014, 09:56 AM

This is true. But at the end of the day, socialism and communism only lead to crony capitalism. Corpratism is what happens when you engage is socialism.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 09:59 AM
At least Bush told you what he was going to do and followed through on those atrocious policies.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GGDwvAbx_fg

Got any more delusions you'd like to have cured?

AuH20
12-22-2014, 10:05 AM
This is true. But at the end of the day, socialism and communism only lead to crony capitalism. Corpratism is what happens when you engage is socialism.

The job of the republicans is to make sure that the state is never rolled back. They are the false opposition that lives off corporate donations. The job of the democrats is move the ball down the field in large chunks (see New Deal, Great Society programs, Obamacare, etc.) with feel good platitudes that the gullible public consumes like candy.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 10:15 AM
The job of the Democrats is to make sure that the police state is never rolled back. They are the false opposition that lives off corporate donations. The job of the Republicans is move the ball down the field in large chunks (see War on Drugs, asset forfeiture, PATRIOT Act, etc.) with feel good platitudes that the gullible public consumes like candy.

FTFY

AuH20
12-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Anyone remember these gems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3IWq3CXHyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxNixPQ60Y

Occam's Banana
12-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Do you think Bush and Cheney would have survived an IRS scandal? Utilizing the IRS to punish political opponents?

Yes. They would have.

At most, some flunkies/scapegoats would have lost their jobs. Nothing more.

They would have been impeached.

No. They wouldn't have.

Articles of impeachment must pass the US House of Representatives with a simple majority before being considered by the Senate, where conviction requires a 2/3rds "supermajority." Throughout the whole of the Bush presidency, the Republicans controlled the House (with the exception of the 110th Congress, 2007-2009), and they were never in the minority in the Senate.

IOW: Any attempted impeachments of Bush & Co. would have been DOA.

It would have been Watergate X 10.

No. It wouldn't have. Not even close ...

It would merely have been a quickly forgotten "scandal du jour" with the clichéd but obligatory "-gate" suffix appended to some word or other.

Occam's Banana
12-22-2014, 10:22 AM
And the worst part is that he suckered so many into believing that he was the opposite of Dubya. That tells you what type of sociopath that we're dealing with. At least Bush told you what he was going to do and followed through on those atrocious policies.

You mean like when Bush told us his administration would pursue a "humble" foreign policy? Like that, you mean ... ?

AuH20
12-22-2014, 10:24 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=GGDwvAbx_fg

Got any more delusions you'd like to have cured?

I think you are forgetting something. Bush laid all his cards on the table with the WoT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSPbzitPL8

AuH20
12-22-2014, 10:30 AM
FTFY

Who do you think got the U.S. involved in WW1? WW2? Who created the OSS? The CIA? The FBI? They didn't just spontaneously appear out of thin air. The democrats have owned the last century with their willing lapdogs the republicans. Their hands are all over everything.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 10:46 AM
I think you are forgetting something. Bush laid all his cards on the table with the WoT.

Funny. I thought Neil Bush's involvement in WTC7 and the explanation of why Cheney called off the Air Force on 9/11 were a couple of aces Dubya still has securely hidden in his sleeve to this very day. I figure the truth about Iraq's tons of yellowcake uranium would be, too, if the MSM hadn't decided it was too silly a lie to tie their credibility to.

Who do you think got the U.S. involved in WW1? WW2? Who created the OSS? The CIA? The FBI? They didn't just spontaneously appear out of thin air. The democrats have owned the last century with their willing lapdogs the republicans. Their hands are all over everything.

You act like I said that anything you said about the Establishment Wing of the Democratic Party was untrue. I did no such thing. I simply pointed out that your assertions that the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party is anything other than the reverse of the exact same coin is delusional.

And I stand by that.

Why the hell would the powers that be settle for pushing their agenda only half the time, when by setting up this party as the false protectors of these liberties and that party as the false protectors of those liberties, they can keep half the program going all of the time?

AuH20
12-22-2014, 10:52 AM
You act like I said that anything you said about the Establishment Wing of the Democratic Party was untrue. I did no such thing. I simply pointed out that your assertions that the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party is anything other than the reverse of the exact same coin is delusional.

And I stand by that.

Who said they were reverse? I'm simply saying that in terms of historical crimes perpetrated on this country, the democrat party has dominated that side of the ledger due to immense political clout. They are the preferred vehicle for domination by the elites since the transformation is done on a much quicker and massive scale. Conversely, the dividends are far less smaller on the other side, even with the cover of "small government."

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Who said they were reverse? I'm simply saying that in terms of historical crimes perpetrated on this country, the democrat party has dominated that side of the ledger due to immense political clout. They are the preferred vehicle for domination by the elites since the transformation is done on a much quicker and massive scale. There is no big win, even with the cover of "small government."

Do you, despite all the truth you've been exposed to here over the last five years, seriously believe the tripe you spew to the effect that either the Republican Party is still something Calvin Coolidge would even recognize, much less claim, or that the fact that the Democratic Party was already a tool of creeping tyranny during Coolidge's lifetime somehow excuses the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party for being a tool of tyranny now?

AuH20
12-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Do you, despite all the truth you've been exposed to here over the last five years, seriously believe the tripe you spew to the effect that either the Republican Party is still something Calvin Coolidge would even recognize, much less claim, or that the fact that the Democratic Party was already a tool of creeping tyranny during Coolidge's lifetime somehow excuses the Establishment Wing of the Republican Party for being a tool of tyranny now?

No, of course not. However, the republican party is not the preferred vehicle for change when you can just jump onto the proverbial Autobahn with the Democrats. Historically, there has been a natural intransigence in the grassroots of the Republican party which makes things harder to get done.

acptulsa
12-22-2014, 11:17 AM
No, of course not. However, the republican party is not the preferred vehicle for change when you can just jump onto the proverbial Autobahn with the Democrats. Historically, there has been a natural intransigence in the grassroots of the Republican party which makes things harder to get done.

I don't recall the naturally intransigent wing of the Republican Party slowing the PATRIOT Act and the creation of the DHS down one whit more than the naturally intransigent wing of the Democratic Party slowed down the creation of the Department of Education. But they did try. Perhaps you just think one of these is louder than the other because you've been close enough to hear the one, but was never in the right place at the right time to hear the other.

One thing's certain. The MSM never willingly told Democrats about the intransigent souls you know, any more than it told you about the intransigent souls you don't know.

Brian4Liberty
12-22-2014, 12:49 PM

Would you prefer Leninism or neo Marxism or progressive Marxism? Modern Marxism has evolved a bit since Karl Marx. Look at China and Vietnam. Authoritarian Marxism is quite happy to utilize crony corporatism. And that is the model for American Marxists like Obama.

Weston White
12-22-2014, 01:10 PM
At least with the Bush administration, they mostly straight-talked you, and in a truly moronic fashion, leaving you absolutely little doubt as to their intentions, but here with the Soetoro (i.e., "Obama") administration they are an outright psychological operation, taking gaslighting and astroturfing to an entirely new level, leaving you feeling dirty inside, hopeless, and dumbfounded by the end of the day.

ETA:

Whereas, Bush is comparable to an eel, Soetoro is comparable to an octopus.

ZENemy
12-22-2014, 01:13 PM
I heard Ted Bundy was "one of the nicest guys Ive ever met"

hmmmmmmmmm