PDA

View Full Version : Oh NO!! IRS "threatens" temporary shutdown...

ChristianAnarchist
12-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it's an "empty threat" (damn!!). People who actually PAY a tax will be tickled to death if they shutdown (although a permanent shutdown would be SOOOOOOOO much better).

-----
The IRS is considering its own temporary shutdown due to recent budget cuts enacted by Congress, its chief said Thursday.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said furloughs — forced unpaid days off for employees as part of an IRS closure — is one idea reluctantly being tossed about to save money, though they are hoping they will not have to go there.

“People call it furloughs; I view it as: Are we going to have to shut the place down? And at this point, that will be the last thing we do, … but there is no way we can say right now that that wont happen,” Koskinen told reporters at a Thursday press conference on the upcoming tax season. “Again, I would stress that would be the last option.”

-----
more:
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/irs-possible-temporary-shutdown-113681.html

euphemia
12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
I wish.

phill4paul
12-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Just quit paying a federal income tax and the problem is solved.

Slave Mentality
12-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Just quit paying a federal income tax and the problem is solved.

I am living it brother. Waiting patiently for the knock.

Czolgosz
12-18-2014, 10:10 PM
I am living it brother. Waiting patiently for the knock.

Same here.

Occam's Banana
12-18-2014, 10:32 PM
That awkward moment when you pretend suicide only to discover that no one wants to stop you ...

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Same here.

That makes four of us, about a hundred million more and we might do this.

Suzanimal
12-18-2014, 10:47 PM
That awkward moment when you pretend suicide only to discover that no one wants to stop you ...

:D

LOL!

+1 for the banana

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 10:57 PM
:D

LOL!

+1 for the banana

So, you and the banana have come to terms? I knew you couldn't hold out on the banana for too long.....

Cissy
12-18-2014, 11:05 PM
The IRS 'considering' shutdown right before tax season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9MAhDvNjo

Peace&Freedom
12-18-2014, 11:05 PM
That makes four of us, about a hundred million more and we might do this.

I'll make it five, have not filed or paid in 14 years.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2014, 11:09 PM
How about a permanent shutdown?

Suzanimal
12-18-2014, 11:11 PM
So, you and the banana have come to terms? I knew you couldn't hold out on the banana for too long.....

Oh, the Banana and I are always on good terms. Sometimes I have to give him tough love but I always hold him in the highest esteem.

http://i.imgur.com/5X6k1Kk.gif

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 11:12 PM

You are the father of the movement here! (I think) We need a recruitment strategy.

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh, the Banana and I are always on good terms. Sometimes I have to give him tough love but I always hold him in the highest esteem.

http://i.imgur.com/5X6k1Kk.gif

Ok, that's kind of creepy.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2014, 11:18 PM

Suzanimal
12-18-2014, 11:21 PM

Minions are cute vvv that's creepy. WTH, Brian?:eek:

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2014, 11:25 PM

He likes bananas. And he works for North Korea too. All your base are belong to him.

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 11:28 PM

I think Brian has been possessed by Danke.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I think Brian has been possessed by Danke.

I'm in the jump seat, Danke is asleep.

Origanalist
12-18-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm in the jump seat, Danke is asleep.

He seems to just wake up upon occasion these days, old men need their sleep.

Czolgosz
12-18-2014, 11:56 PM

I stopped a few years back.

green73
12-19-2014, 12:00 AM
;_:

oyarde
12-19-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm sure it's an "empty threat" (damn!!). People who actually PAY a tax will be tickled to death if they shutdown (although a permanent shutdown would be SOOOOOOOO much better).

-----
The IRS is considering its own temporary shutdown due to recent budget cuts enacted by Congress, its chief said Thursday.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen said furloughs — forced unpaid days off for employees as part of an IRS closure — is one idea reluctantly being tossed about to save money, though they are hoping they will not have to go there.

“People call it furloughs; I view it as: Are we going to have to shut the place down? And at this point, that will be the last thing we do, … but there is no way we can say right now that that wont happen,” Koskinen told reporters at a Thursday press conference on the upcoming tax season. “Again, I would stress that would be the last option.”

-----
more:
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/irs-possible-temporary-shutdown-113681.html
Kill it , Kill it forever .Turn those soulless fucks onto the street to feed from dumpsters where they belong .

Origanalist
12-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Kill it , Kill it forever .Turn those soulless fucks onto the street to feed from dumpsters where they belong .

I would die a happy man if I ever lived to see that.

oyarde
12-19-2014, 12:29 AM
I would die a happy man if I ever lived to see that.

This is why I should run this :) , we could see it before I die , LOL

Origanalist
12-19-2014, 12:36 AM
This is why I should run this :) , we could see it before I die , LOL

I will of course listen to your wisdom and experience sir.

oyarde
12-19-2014, 12:46 AM
I will of course listen to your wisdom and experience sir.

Hell , my wisdom could be summed up with common sense. :)

Mani
12-19-2014, 12:50 AM
The agency estimates each closed day would save $29 million.

Shut it down for a year and see how much we save!!!

If ever there was an organization the American People would Majority be very happy with a government shutdown....It would be the IRS. Not parks...not monuments...but close down the IRS and people would actually be happy with a gov't shutdown.

To even suggest it, probably gets people excited.

morfeeis
12-19-2014, 01:23 AM
They wont stop stealing during their "shutdown", they will just slow down peoples refunds and make the federal government look bad. It might be a good thing, it may wake up some of the dumber folks, but i've learned my lesson about having hope.....

CaptainAmerica
12-19-2014, 08:34 AM
the IRS is going sleeper cell on amerika

Suzanimal
01-14-2015, 03:46 PM
IRS warns of tax refund delays

The IRS normally issues taxpayer refunds quickly. But this year, some filers are going to have to wait.

Due to budget cuts, people who file paper tax returns could wait an extra week for their refund — "or possibly longer," wrote IRS Commissioner John Koskinen in a memo to employees Tuesday. And filers with errors or questions that require additional review will also face delays.

Last month, Congress approved a $10.9 billion budget for the IRS for fiscal year 2015, which ends in June. That's the lowest level of funding since 2008, Koskinen said.

Koskinen said the budget cuts would result in several other changes at the agency, including:

Fewer audits. Due to cuts in enforcement staff, collection efforts for individuals and businesses will be reduced.

Hiring freeze. The freeze, plus normal attrition rates, will result in 3,000 to 4,000 fewer full-time employees at the agency by the end of June. Including the headcount losses incurred since 2010, that means the agency's full-time staff will be reduced by as many as 17,000 employees over the course of five years.

Less taxpayer help. Cuts in overtime and temporary staff hours will not only delay refunds, but hurt correspondence with taxpayers as well. Koskinen said it's likely that fewer than half the taxpayers that call the agency will be able to get through.

A possible two-day shutdown after tax season. To minimize disruptions, Koskinen said a temporary shutdown, if needed, would likely occur closer to June. But, he added, the agency will do what it can to avoid this option, which he called a "last resort."

Delays in IT investments. Among the delays, will be technologies that offer new taxpayer protections against identity theft.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/13/pf/taxes/tax-refund-delay/index.html?sr=fbmoney011315irsrefund0800story

ZENemy
01-14-2015, 03:57 PM
TAXES are the one thing we control.

How about 100 of us call the IRS via skype in a party chat and tell them we aint paying? Word of that would spiral out of control.

RonPaulIsGreat
01-14-2015, 04:20 PM

How about 100 of us call the IRS via skype in a party chat and tell them we aint paying? Word of that would spiral out of control.

100, they'd just look at that as an opportunity to remove malcontents from the population.

A Million, they'd shit bricks.

ZENemy
01-14-2015, 04:39 PM
100, they'd just look at that as an opportunity to remove malcontents from the population.

A Million, they'd shit bricks.

The IRS is a paper tiger. oh yea, I'm not saying they cannot do the things they do but their power is greatly exaggerated. I'm talking 100 people flat out saying NO, not making some 861 argument, not claiming there is no law, just flat out saying "fuck you stop spying on me" ....they couldn't possibly keep up and more people would join by the day.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xCvQQfj5SKA/T0gtNKpd89I/AAAAAAAADwA/WNwdeYV1TbU/s1600/power.jpg

DamianTV
01-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Governance by Crisis

Everything is a "Crisis".

A bit deeper, during the course of any Crisis, the Emotional State of the people run high, thus, they do not apply logic to the situation. Holy shit, my house is on fire! The last thing on your mind is some mathematical equation that expresses the conversion rate of oxygen to carbon dioxide. The emotions during a fire run very high as a person goes into panic mode. This is why damn near everything in Amerikka is a Crisis or a War. War on Drugs. War on Poverty. War on People. Replace War with Crisis. Drug Crisis. Poverty Crisis. Employment Crisis. The words are used interchangably but do not mean the same thing.

War is something you are expected to project a Negative Reaction to that specific subject. War on Terror.
Crisis is something you are expected to project a Protective Reaction to that specific subject. Child Crisis.

Since we are expected to accept and thus protect this False Economy as something worth saving, it is a Crisis. You are expected to protect your Human Farmers, even to go as far as defend it with your very lives. Your Human Farmers are your Political Leaders. Your Goverment. And you are supposed to be protective of them, hence it is a Crisis, not a War. Otherwise, it would just be called the Finance War, which assumes no reaction or a negative one.

Once the type of Emotional Reaction you have is determined for you by someone else, the rest of the Hegalian Dialect plays out. Hegalian Dialect is Problem, Reaction, Solution. The "Problem" is manufactured. Your Reaction to the Problem has already been determined for you. The Solution will always benefit those that created the Problem to begin with. Their goal is their Solution. They already know how to solve the problem. They knew how to solve the problem ever before it even became a real problem. And their solution to that problem will benefit them in some way. The key is the Reaction, how you React when they say "uh ohes, there is a problem". Your Reaction, since it is manipulated, manufactured, and controlled, is designed to trick you into giving the Problem Creators your "Permission". This is also used against you. You may think you are involved in the Problem Solving Process; you are not. However, as long as you think you have been involved, you will support almost what ever idea they throw out.

The true Solution that benefits society begins when the people break free of the Reaction step of the equation and instead ask "What the hell do we need you guys for to begin with"?

Too much regulation in Baseball making the game absolutely no fun for children? It isnt the game, it is the people regulating the game!

Too much regulation in School causing your childs supposedly super valuable Education to suffer? It isnt the School, lack of Money, it is the Regulation, which is created by more Administration.

Too much regulation messing up peoples ability to farm food for themselves? It should be obvious it is the Regulators themselves that need to be eliminated from the farming process.

Taxes, and even the IRS are absolutely no different. IRS isnt even technically a part of the Federal Govt, but it is protected heavily by the Federal Govt. The IRS is actually an extension of the Federal Reserve Bank, which also is not a part of the Federal Government. The problem that the Govt has isnt that they are not bringing in enough money, or Congress isnt doing their job, the problem is the existence of the Regulators to begin with. These IRS Regulators have no system of accountability to the people, only to the Policies of the IRS / Federal Reserve Bank. They claim they have a Crisis (remember, you are supposed to feel a sense of protectiveness of our own well being since the word was Crisis, not Financial War) because Congress has not agreed on the supposedly important Budget. They claim that is the problem. I think the real problem is the very existence of both the IRS and the Federal Reserve Bank.

The Federal Government owes all of its money to the Federal Reserve Bank. They pay this money by Taxing your income. But on the other side of the coin, the Federal Government basically has your Check Book and is writing checks and expecting you to pay for everything. Lets be clear here. The Federal Government does NOT need you to pay any form of taxes for revenue as it gets ALL of its money from the Money Powers, which is not you or I. The Money Powers are the Federal Reserve Bank. Taking your money is just a means to perpetuate the Illusion of Legitimacy of the existence of the Federal Reserve Bank. And in truth, they dont care about your money. Your money is worthless. The only thing you have that is of value is your ability to produce for them, and this is "managed" by your dependancy on their Debt Based Fiat Currency. The real solution to the problem is to take away their Unlimited Spending and return to an Honest Money System that forces the Federal Government to be financially accountable to the People. Thus, dont pay taxes, Govt has no money to spend. To debate anything else is to debate what kind of a haircut to give a Hydra, Justin Beiber or a Mullet, it makes no difference in the grand scheme (scam) of things.

jmdrake
01-14-2015, 05:33 PM

Kind of reminds me of the NYPD not making "unnecessary" arrests.

Czolgosz
01-14-2015, 05:58 PM

i'm down.

Occam's Banana
01-14-2015, 06:41 PM
IRS warns of tax refund delays

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/13/pf/taxes/tax-refund-delay/index.html?sr=fbmoney011315irsrefund0800story

Of course! This is just another case of the Washington Monument Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument_Syndrome).

And though they might drag their feet when it comes giving back part of the loot they've already stolen, you can bet they won't do so when it comes to stealing that loot in the first place. We may rest assured that those IRS departments and activities purposed with "sen[ding] hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance" (such as those involving audits or seizures) will continue full-swing and will proceed without delay, let or hindrance ...

tangent4ronpaul
01-14-2015, 06:58 PM

LOL! - but haven't you seen how successful all those corporations are that got rid of the deadweight of the billing department?

Who's the asshat that spiked uncle sams punch bowl with acid for the lutz and convinced him that adding a medical billing department and under funding accounting would be an AWESOME IDEA!

Good Job guy!

+rep

-t

Working Poor
01-15-2015, 02:53 AM
Imagine what would happen if 100,000,000 people decided not to pay their taxes I don't think they have enough bullets to fight it.

Czolgosz
01-15-2015, 05:24 AM
Neuter the police so goes the IRS.

Suzanimal
01-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Of course! This is just another case of the Washington Monument Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Monument_Syndrome).

And though they might drag their feet when it comes giving back part of the loot they've already stolen, you can bet they won't do so when it comes to stealing that loot in the first place. We may rest assured that those IRS departments and activities purposed with "sen[ding] hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance" (such as those involving audits or seizures) will continue full-swing and will proceed without delay, let or hindrance ...

Yup.

Need help filing out your tax return? Don't call the IRS

WASHINGTON — Filing a federal tax return is about to get more complicated for millions of families because of President Barack Obama's health law. But they shouldn't expect much help from the Internal Revenue Service.

Got a question for the IRS? Good luck reaching someone by phone. The tax agency says only half of the 100 million people expected to call this year will be able to reach a person.

Callers who do get through may have to wait on hold for 30 minutes or more to talk to someone who will answer only the simplest questions.

"Taxpayers who need help are not getting it, and tax compliance is likely to suffer over the longer term if these problems are not quickly and decisively addressed," said a report Wednesday by agency watchdog Nina E. Olson.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen says budget cuts are forcing the agency to reduce taxpayer services and other functions. The number of audits will decline, technology upgrades will be delayed and the agency might be forced to shut down and furlough workers for two days later this year, Koskinen said.

The IRS will no longer help low-income taxpayers fill out their returns, and tax refunds could be delayed for people who file paper returns.

"It couldn't be worse timing," Koskinen said of the budget cuts.

Congress cut the IRS by $346 million for the budget year that ends Sept. 30. Koskinen says the agency's $10.9 billion budget is its lowest since 2008. When adjusted for inflation, the budget hasn't been this low since 1998, he said.

Republicans in Congress adamantly oppose Obama's health law, so some have been working to starve the IRS of funds just as its role in implementing the law ramps up.

It won't work, Koskinen said in an interview. The agency, he said, is required by law to help implement the health program. "The only places we have discretion are in information technology, tax enforcement, customer service."

The spending cuts could actually cost the government money, Koskinen said. Having fewer enforcement agents will cost at least $2 billion in lost tax revenue this year, he estimated.

Service problems at the IRS will also make it harder for well-intentioned taxpayers to comply with the law, said Olson, who is the National Taxpayer Advocate, an independent office within the IRS.

"Without adequate support, many taxpayers will be frustrated, some will make potentially costly mistakes, others will incur higher compliance costs when forced to seek information and assistance from tax professionals," she said.

"Still others," Olson said, "will simply give up and not file."

Olson released her annual report to Congress Wednesday, less than a week before the start of tax filing season on Tuesday. In it she raises concerns about the IRS' ability to help implement the health law.

She said the agency was unable to adequately test the accuracy of some information received from health insurance exchanges. Also, delays affected the training of IRS employees.

Olson noted that some of the issues involve other agencies. But, she added, "The IRS will certainly bear much of the public blame because many of the problems will arise in the context of return filing."

Koskinen said the IRS has increased efforts to educate tax preparers and the public about the tax implications of the health law, devoting a section of the agency's website to answering questions. Koskinen's advice to taxpayers with questions: Don't call the IRS unless you absolutely have to.

For the first time, tax filers will have to report information about their health insurance during the previous year. For most people who get health coverage through work or through government programs like Medicaid, it will mean simply checking a box.

Others who got insurance through state and federal marketplaces will have to file a new form, while people who received subsidies will have to provide more detailed information.

People who didn't have health insurance last year face fines unless they qualify for a waiver, which requires more paperwork.

The subsidies were based on projected incomes, so families will need to report if actual incomes were higher or lower. If higher, they might have to pay back some of the subsidy, either through a smaller tax refund or a payment.

If their incomes were lower, they might qualify for a larger tax refund.

Taxpayers who get subsidies are supposed to notify the health exchanges during the year if their incomes change or if they have some other life event that changes their eligibility, said Kathy Pickering, executive director of the Tax Institute at H&R Block.

"If somebody got married or divorced, had a baby, got a job, lost a job, anything that changes their income, those consumers needed to go back to the marketplace and update their information," Pickering said. "Most people didn't know to do that or didn't think to do it."

Koskinen said he is "reasonably confident — very confident" the IRS has successfully upgraded its computer systems to handle additional taxpayer information required by the health law, even though Congress refused to pay for it, rejecting the agency's $600 million request.

"In some ways the Congress appeared to be trying to do its best to keep us from being able to get operational this time," Koskinen said.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/business/irs-cuts-taxpayer-services-as-filing-returns-gets-/njngT/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp