PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul newspaper ad in Texas Dec 16th

caradeporra
12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to put an ad in the local newspaper on Dec. 16th This is the information:

need you to fill out the attached form. The space reservation
deadline for Sunday is Thursday at noon. Ad copy deadline is Thursday
at 4 pm.
Attached is the rate card.

If you want a half page ad the price would be $15.80 times 63 column
inches. So your total cost for this size ad for one Sunday would be
$995.40.

This is one of the larger ads. A quarter page ad on a Sunday would be
$15.80 times 31.5 column inches. Total cost would be $497.70.

Please chip-in...

http://includeronpaul.chipin.com/mypages/view/id/d6bc144e9831dbae

Also, if anyone has a 1/4 page ad i could use, or if anyone can create one i would really appreciate it. This paper should reach about 20,000 people. I sure would like to tell 20,000 people about ron paul and the teaparty on Dec.16th!

Please help!

caradeporra
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
i can't afford this by myself. If not enough money is raised...and i can afford only about $50 after the 100 dollar donation for teaparty...then i will simply refund all the money (obviously, since i wont be able to use it if it isnt raised in time.

caradeporra
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Does anybody have an ad they have already created, which they would give me permission to use?

tsetsefly
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
bump

Maverick
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
What newspaper is this for?

caradeporra
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM
www.heraldbanner.com

the Greenville Herald banner.

The herald has four different papers, rockwall, royse city, and commerce texas. But the price they have given me will only cirulate in the Greenville Herald Banner (their main paper).

I think this is a fairly reasonable price for a quarter page ad. It has a chance to reach a lot of people who may not have heard about him. I do not have any marketing experience, and hope that someone here could design an ad. If not, i do have a friend that could help, but he does not have enough experience...i think ;) dont tell him i said that.

caradeporra
12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Plus, many soldiers in Iraq come from Texas because of the similiarity in climate. A good friend of mine, my brother-in-law, and my friend's husband are all over there right now. Thats three i know of. So i am guessing a LOT of soldier families will see the ad, and we all know ron paul gets more donations than any other candidate from soldiers and their families.

me3
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
//

mavtek
12-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think in Texas radio ads would be far more effective. There's too many papers and too few readers. We need to hit the radio stations with demographics of 18-45 year olds.

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
www.heraldbanner.com

the Greenville Herald banner.

The herald has four different papers, rockwall, royse city, and commerce texas. But the price they have given me will only cirulate in the Greenville Herald Banner (their main paper).

I think this is a fairly reasonable price for a quarter page ad. It has a chance to reach a lot of people who may not have heard about him. I do not have any marketing experience, and hope that someone here could design an ad. If not, i do have a friend that could help, but he does not have enough experience...i think ;) dont tell him i said that.

What is the circulation for the newspaper? What is the demographic that will read it?

After you know that, it will help to see if this is the best approach. If it is, an ad needs to be designed first. People don't tend to like to donate to things, sight unseen.

Here are a couple that might give you some ideas. Scroll down to see the newspaper ads. www.operationnh.com

krott5333
12-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Does anybody have an ad they have already created, which they would give me permission to use?

do you want to use the gun ad in my signature?

let me know, ill get you the file.. or i can shrink it down a bit.. let me know the dimensions as well if you want.

caradeporra
12-04-2007, 10:40 AM
The circulation is around 12,000. All of the area schools get copies for the libraries. But my guess would be the average age of readership is about 60.

Someone else has paid good money for a billboard in the area, so i know there are some Ron Paul supporters with the income to pay for this in the area. Unfortunately i do not know who funded it.

The area is pretty ripe for Ron Paul support. Lots of gun owners, Very Republican area, and conservative(anti-abortion).

caradeporra
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
do you want to use the gun ad in my signature?

let me know, ill get you the file.. or i can shrink it down a bit.. let me know the dimensions as well if you want.

That ad is not exactly what i am looking for.

hillertexas
12-05-2007, 10:35 PM
What about the USA Today ad?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=37965&highlight=llepard

LibertyEagle
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
That ad is not exactly what i am looking for.

Did you take a look at the newspaper ads, here?
www.operationnh.com