PDA

View Full Version : How I'm writing my letters

DeadtoSin
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm writing very simple letters with a short intro. (I don't really feel like putting mine up here, because it will obviously be more personal if it comes from your own noggin.) I'll transition into some points about his personal life, then about his political life. I encourage him to vote at the causus, and I leave my email.

This is sort of how I was instructed to do it in the email I received.

If I could add two points that I think would really help. I've noticed that some people have lengthy enough letters that they are probably printing them off. Thats good I suppose, but it couldn't hurt to hand write a few letters as well. It really shows that you care.

Also, if you own any Ron Paul slim jims/flyers, they fit snugly inside your wrapped up letter for your recipient to read.

JenH88
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree, they should be all hand written, there's enough support on this project we shouldn't be sacrificing that. +1

MikeK
12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
If they are not handwritten they will end up in the trash unopened. I am taking a break from writing mine right now.

rs3515
12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
If I could add two points that I think would really help. I've noticed that some people have lengthy enough letters that they are probably printing them off. Thats good I suppose, but it couldn't hurt to hand write a few letters as well. It really shows that you care.

I'm one of the people organizing this effort. The letters should be handwritten, not printed off a computer. As I've said to others, if I just wanted to print out 800,000 letters and mail them we could have done it ourselves. The idea is to get actual supporters saying things that are meaningful to them in these letters. Let's show Iowans we really care.

If people have questions you can always contact me.

Lucid American
12-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I've decided I am going to handwrite one master letter, then scan on a high quality scanner, print it on a high quality printer, dab a few places per letter with a pen for authenticity, then sign them all by pen.

Should pass the test without making my hand fall off.

rs3515
12-05-2007, 03:37 AM
I've decided I am going to handwrite one master letter, then scan on a high quality scanner, print it on a high quality printer, dab a few places per letter with a pen for authenticity, then sign them all by pen.

Not a bad way to go if people do it correctly. No different than those who reproduce masterpiece artwork. It still requires a lot of skill. ;)

hellah10
12-17-2007, 11:49 PM

you know thats actually a very good idea...

i work at xerox as a network admin, and we have the equipment for this. We have a $10,000 scanner and a $1,000,000 printer (iGen3) along with all the other printers in the building.

Im gonna test this out tomorrow morning at work - if its successful and seems authentic, Im gonna go to town with this :D

fortilite
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Well I printed my letters. I hand wrote the envelopes. 240 total.

DanConway
12-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Well I printed my letters. I hand wrote the envelopes. 240 total.

Same way I'm doing it. The handwritten envelope gets attention, and the typed letters save lots of time. We have piles and piles of addresses left -- the speed of printed letters now outweighs the individual effectiveness of handwritten ones, I believe.

I posted a thread elsewhere about this -- I'm looking for people to commit to 50 each, and if I get 20 such people, I'm going for a thousand letters this way (to Iowa, NH, and possibly SC) before the end of the year.

hellah10
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
well i scanned it... and wow, it came out perfectly

we have a digipath 2000 series and honestly it turned out beautiful... i could even embed my signature on it if i wanted, but im gonna do that by hand instead

im being serious, you cant even tell that i scanned and printed this... it looks handwritten! fawking amazing

im gonna do this for iowa, NH, SC, Nevada, and Michigan

cha ching :)