PDA

View Full Version : Univision debate

filmmaker58
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Talking points for the Univision debate. I expect the border, immigration, and the war on drugs will be major topics of discussion. Our bordertowns are becoming overrun with drug dealers and there is a major presence of the Drug cartel's private army there. there are kidnappings and murders of anyone who opposes them. Our government is giving the Mexican Government a billion dollars to fight the problem on their side of the border, even while anyone who lives there knows that the Mexican government is a big part of the problem.

Ron Paul's solution of legalizing drugs is the fastest, and best way to solve the problem. The laws of supply and demand would immediately go into effect, and there would be more drugs than there would be buyers, and almost overnight there would be no money in it anymore. People who use Marijuana would start growing their own, and all of the crimes against innocents would be reduced drastically because the drugs would be cheap and legal.

Thousands if innocents are stolen from, or are victims of violent crimes as a direct result of this war on drugs. If drugs were legal, usage might go up slightly, but I would rather see people voluntarily destroying their lives, than innocents having their lives destroyed by drug crimes.

The billions we spend on law enforcement could be then allocated to crimes with victims, and crime prevention programs.

Immigration. When you subsidize something, you get more of it. When illegals are able to take advantage of government programs, they are encouraged to do it. So instead of supporting the ones that want to come here, work hard and improve their lives, we are rewarding the ones who want to come here and take advantage of the system. Streamline the system for those who want to come here legally, and take away the reards for illegals.

The Border. The border needs to be secure. There is such a flow of people and goods coming across the border that it's rediculous to think that we are serious about security. We invaded a country in order to be "safer" and yet our borders are wide open. This is absurd. Secure our borders, and bring our troops home. we'll be a lot safer.

theswedishchef
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Can I follow this debate somewhere online :confused:

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I just hope Ron doesn't come off as soft on illegal immigration - if he does, he will be lambasted by republicans AND ME! He needs to make sure he doesn't pander or 'soften' his stance. Hopefully he won't.

nist7
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I just hope Ron doesn't come off as soft on illegal immigration - if he does, he will be lambasted by republicans AND ME! He needs to make sure he doesn't pander or 'soften' his stance. Hopefully he won't.

The thing is....how do the legal immigrants feel about the illegal immigrant issue?

It seems to me that they would want someone who is more like Kucinich....let everyone and anyone become citizens......

filmmaker58
12-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I think Ron Paul's stance will be that there should be a guest worker program, there has been one for decades. But illegals can not be given government benefits, or they just keep coming, and draining the system. Having illegals in our school system is absurd.

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
when is this debate? (i did not read the thread) lol