PDA

View Full Version : How Theye are thinking: return to the guillotine once contemplated in GA.

osan
12-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Just read the opening paragraph of HB1274 from the '95-'96 legislative session:

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT 1- 1 To amend Article 2 of Chapter 10 of Title 17 of the Official 1- 2 Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to the death penalty 1- 3 generally, so as to provide a statement of legislative 1- 4 policy; to provide for death by guillotine; to provide for 1- 5 applicability; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other 1- 6 purposes. 1- 7 BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA: SECTION 1. 1- 8 The General Assembly finds that while prisoners condemned to 1- 9 death may wish to donate one or more of their organs for 1-10 transplant, any such desire is thwarted by the fact that 1-11 electrocution makes all such organs unsuitable for 1-12 transplant. The intent of the General Assembly in enacting 1-13 this legislation is to provide for a method of execution 1-14 which is compatible with the donation of organs by a 1-15 condemned prisoner.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/Archives/19951996/leg/fulltext/hb1274.htm

I did not do the research to see whether this passed - I doubt it did - but it is worthy of note because this is indicative of how some of us are thinking. If it's a wino on the street corner, I don't much care. But when it is those who occupy seats of power, I pay some attention.

FindLiberty
12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Will there be cake?

TYRANTS!