PDA

View Full Version : Cop Tickets Harvard Grad For Playing ‘F--- Tha Police’ in His Car

Suzanimal
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/g98opCn.png

According to one Florida cop, people can now be penalized for playing anti-cop songs in his very presence, because, whatever, “rights.”

Hialeah cop Harold Garzon made this snap judgement over Thanksgiving break, when “double Harvard grad” and current law student Cesar Baldelomar happened to pull up next to him as he filed paperwork from a recent traffic accident. And unfortunately for the both of them, “Fuck Tha Police” happened to be playing:

At that moment, another song came on Baldelomar’s stereo. “Fuck tha police/Comin’ straight from the underground,” N.W.A. rapped. “A young n**** got it bad cause I’m brown / And not the other color so police think / they have the authority to kill a minority.”
Then came the song’s eponymous refrain — “Fuck tha police!” — four times in a row.
“Really?” Garzon said to Baldelomar through his open car window. “You’re really playing that song? Pull over.”

Baldelomar quickly pointed out that, despite the lyrics, he was legally allowed to play “Fuck Tha Police” as loudly as he wanted. “In 2012 the state supreme court struck down any law banning loud music,” Baldelomar told the Miami New Times. “I knew that because it was a case I had actually studied in law school.” (And yes, Baldelomar is right!)

That didn’t stop Garzon from giving him three tickets: One for not wearing a seatbelt, one for driving a car with Massachusetts license plates (he’s from Massachusetts), and one for not having a paper copy of his insurance information. Baldelomar plans on fighting all of these tickets in court, since he’s positive he didn’t break any laws, and argues that this incident is just another example of policemen abusing their authority.

“I’m educated. I know my rights. And I speak English, so I can fight this,” he said. “But what about when this happens to someone who’s not so lucky? Policing has to change in this country.”

(Fun fact: Garzon has had 16 internal affairs cases filed against him in the 17 years since he joined the Hialeah Police Department.)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/cop-tickets-harvard-grad-for-playing-fck-tha-police-in-his-car/

CaptainAmerica
12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/spiderman-don-amp-039-t-want-to-give-a-fuck_o_2388959.jpg

lol sorry if this is inappropriate, I find humor in this . That cop is trying to enforce what he/she perceives as bad behavior

Schifference
12-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Cop wins mundane loses. Mundane has to go to court. Probably loses on the seatbelt ticket. Has to prove he had insurance.

12-15-2014, 04:37 PM
He's probably screwed on the seatbelt ticket. No proof of insurance might go away if he shows proof in court. If he resides in FL and his car is registered in MA he's guilty there. You generally get 30 days or so to change your license and plates. But if he changes it before court and shows proof it will probably get dismissed.

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that shit off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU&feature=player_detailpage

I listen to NWA in the car too sometimes too, I've liked them since the 80's, but seriously turn that shit off if you drive past a cop. It's not worth the hassle.

otherone
12-15-2014, 04:43 PM
He's probably screwed on the seatbelt ticket. No proof of insurance might go away if he shows proof in court. If he resides in FL and his car is registered in MA he's guilty there. You generally get 30 days or so to change your license and plates. But if he changes it before court and shows proof it will probably get dismissed.

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that shit off

I listen to NWA in the car too sometimes too, I've liked them since the 80's, but seriously turn that shit off if you drive past a cop. It's not worth the hassle.

Thanks for sharing your ideas on how to combat the police state.

DamianTV
12-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Hiding ones opinion is not a sustainable solution with the End of Privacy.

Eventually, Cops will be able to just hit "search" and find everyone who listens to "Fuck the Police". The failure of the system here falls partly on the Cops because they completely fail to understand WHY anyone would embrace the phrase "Fuck the Police".

Downward Spiral.

CPUd
12-15-2014, 05:29 PM
HE GOT WEED HE GOT WEEEEEEED!!

sparebulb
12-15-2014, 05:47 PM

I'm sure that 69360 is probably right.

He probably confronts the police state in his own way,

with suction and saliva.

12-15-2014, 05:54 PM
So you think the police are abusive.

But you purposely put yourself in a situation that would cause an interaction with them.

Then complain about the result.

Darwin award. Or in libertarian speak "am I being detained?"

twomp
12-15-2014, 05:55 PM

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that shit off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU&feature=player_detailpage

If Americans were like you, everyone would still be talking with a British accent right now.

otherone
12-15-2014, 05:57 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Oij0-PyQ-tc/SODfNbYsjHI/AAAAAAAAEMI/yo-AIxzV3Xw/s1600/butt-kissing

translated.

Henry Rogue
12-15-2014, 05:59 PM
So, Chris Rock is a copsucker, his squeaky voice is annoying too.

roho76
12-15-2014, 06:30 PM

Chris Rock says it best-

turn that shit off

Fuck your 1st Amendment rights and censor yourself or you might hurt a cops feelings. Thanks.

roho76
12-15-2014, 06:32 PM
So you think the police are abusive.

But you purposely put yourself in a situation that would cause an interaction with them.

Then complain about the result.

So, don't do that and cower in fear of the police state instead. Again. Thanks for your wonderful keyboard diarrhea.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Last time I got pulled over I had "Fuck the Police" playing. When I see them, it's usually my go to song.

Don't much listen to NWA, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66Xdl-3giE

12-15-2014, 06:41 PM
You all are good for a laugh yet again. You know I don't take any of you keyboard cowboys seriously about your alleged bravado in dealing with the police right?

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2014, 06:45 PM
You all are good for a laugh yet again. You know I don't take any of you keyboard cowboys seriously about your alleged bravado in dealing with the police right?
Believe what you will. When I see them, I turn on "Fuck the Police."

Last one didn't say a goddamn thing about it. Gave me a repair order to remove a clear cover on my license plate. Guess what? It'll be a cold goddamn day in hell before I remove it.

Same as the time before that, my window tint has to go. Well guess what? The last pig didn't say a damn thing about my tint being dark as ever. Fucking jokes.

You kiss ass all you want. They're still liable to smack you in the head or worse.

phill4paul
12-15-2014, 06:48 PM

It is what it is. Pull me over sometime. Visit my house at 0-Dark Thirty. We'll talk.

Cops today wouldn't get my songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3q3DyGGNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXjhC1t2JI

Anti Federalist
12-15-2014, 08:03 PM

You do realize that this is a valid and neccessary legal question?

Due to recent SCOTUS rulings, you must positively affirm your right to remain silent, and that affirmation does not apply if you are not "being detained".

What is your issue here?

twomp
12-15-2014, 08:12 PM

You are the battered wife that believes her husband beats her because he loves her too much. You get what you put up with. SHHH be quiet when a man's around, know your role woman.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2014, 08:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdIKSA54eY

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 08:32 PM
lol at people claiming they go out of their way to agitate others and criticizing someone who doesn't.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2014, 08:36 PM
lol at people claiming they go out of their way to agitate others and criticizing someone who doesn't.
They go out of their way to agitate others.

Those who 'agitate' them, that is, engage in activity clearly defined within the First Amendment, or rather, their natural right to express themselves as they so choose, who are targeted by the police for said expression would be the victim.

Not the police. And not someone who has throughout the years expressed his acquiescence to kiss ass in the hope all is let go after said fact.

otherone
12-15-2014, 08:41 PM

Maybe we should have a "how to avoid confrontation" sub-forum, complete with knee-pads to prevent chafing.

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Maybe we should have a "how to avoid confrontation" sub-forum, complete with knee-pads to prevent chafing.

Oh right I forgot a bunch of yall are internet tough guys. It's easy to write about how you'll stand up to these authorities but I sure as hell don't see any of you doing it. So continue on pretending...

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 08:53 PM
They go out of their way to agitate others.

Those who 'agitate' them, that is, engage in activity clearly defined within the First Amendment, or rather, their natural right to express themselves as they so choose, who are targeted by the police for said expression would be the victim.

Not the police. And not someone who has throughout the years expressed his acquiescence to kiss ass in the hope all is let go after said fact.

There's a big difference between kissing ass and not going out of your way to agitate someone. I never said you don't have the right to do it but that is no reason to belittle someone for choosing not to.

otherone
12-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh right I forgot a bunch of yall are internet tough guys. It's easy to write about how you'll stand up to these authorities but I sure as hell don't see any of you doing it. So continue on pretending...

You understand that this thread is about someone's rights being violated by a public employee, and that "you shouldn't have annoyed him" isn't a meaningful response?

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 09:07 PM
You understand that this thread is about someone's rights being violated by a public employee, and that "you shouldn't have annoyed him" isn't a meaningful response?

I understand that but I still don't see why it is necessary to belittle someone who chooses or advocates to avoid confrontation. If you value your life it is probably the smartest thing to do. Obviously what the cop did wasn't right but is 69360 wrong? How many articles are posted on here about police crossing the line/being abusive/killing someone? Instead of belittling someone explain what you plan on accomplishing by doing it and how it is smarter than the alternative.

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2014, 09:09 PM
There's a big difference between kissing ass and not going out of your way to agitate someone. I never said you don't have the right to do it but that is no reason to belittle someone for choosing not to.
First, to hell with their agitation. They go out of their way to agitate people.

As to 69630, it's the same M.O. irrespective of the pragmatic view of not stepping on toes.

It's been old.

Same as the "just move" crowd.

Brian4Liberty
12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

otherone
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
I understand that but I still don't see why it is necessary to belittle someone who chooses or advocates to avoid confrontation. If you value your life it is probably the smartest thing to do. Obviously what the cop did wasn't right but is 69360 wrong? How many articles are posted on here about police crossing the line/being abusive/killing someone? Instead of belittling someone explain what you plan on accomplishing by doing it and how it is smarter than the alternative.

The system relies on people allowing police to violate their rights. There is not a person anywhere that doesn't already know that supplication may help to prevent being murdered. Go to a feminist forum and suggest that maybe they shouldn't get drunk at parties.

phill4paul
12-15-2014, 09:29 PM

I value my life. VALUE it. LIFE. Therefore, I will not "belittle" that which is my life through avoidance of confrontation. What do I plan to accomplish? Nothing more than standing equal as a sovereign with or against every other sovereign until the point I die on my own or my life is taken from me. And if that is all I accomplish than it is enough. And if, for some reason, individuals such as yourself take this as some kind of threat to your indoctrinated societal dictates...good.

Christian Liberty
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
"But he did break the law."

To be clear, this is NOT my answer to this. That's effectively what someone I know said when I brought this up... I'm getting tired of explaining to people why legal positivism doesn't work...

kcchiefs6465
12-15-2014, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA
If only locking your car doors protected you from gang members.

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 10:05 PM
The system relies on people allowing police to violate their rights. There is not a person anywhere that doesn't already know that supplication may help to prevent being murdered. Go to a feminist forum and suggest that maybe they shouldn't get drunk at parties.

Are you comparing yourself and others on this forum to feminists? I assume I'm discussing with rational individuals, if that isn't the case then let me know so I don't waste my time. Not sure who is advocating for the police to violate anyone's rights, just a difference of opinion, that is allowed isn't it?

Christian Liberty
12-15-2014, 10:07 PM

69360 typically goes one step further and suggests that the cop's behavior was acceptable...

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
I value my life. VALUE it. LIFE. Therefore, I will not "belittle" that which is my life through avoidance of confrontation. What do I plan to accomplish? Nothing more than standing equal as a sovereign with or against every other sovereign until the point I die on my own or my life is taken from me. And if that is all I accomplish than it is enough. And if, for some reason, individuals such as yourself take this as some kind of threat to your indoctrinated societal dictates...good.

No threat at all, you live your life the way you choose. I'm sorry if you are incapable of understanding a differing opinion, it appears I incorrectly assumed the individuals in this topic would be rational, that was clearly a mistake on my part. Carry on.

otherone
12-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Are you comparing yourself and others on this forum to feminists? I assume I'm discussing with rational individuals, if that isn't the case then let me know so I don't waste my time. Not sure who is advocating for the police to violate anyone's rights, just a difference of opinion, that is allowed isn't it?

You're deflecting.
The point is "blaming the victim" is not a viable strategy to reign in police abuse.

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 10:17 PM
69360 typically goes one step further and suggests that the cop's behavior was acceptable...

Can you quote where he said that because I completely disagree. I reread the posts and didn't see it. Thanks.

Christian Liberty
12-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Can you quote where he said that because I completely disagree. I reread the posts and didn't see it. Thanks.

He didn't this time, but he has in the past. In this case he basically blamed the victim...

Rudeman
12-15-2014, 10:32 PM
You're deflecting.
The point is "blaming the victim" is not a viable strategy to reign in police abuse.

I am not blaming the victim, I even said what the cop did wasn't right in the post you quoted and responded to. So what exactly am I deflecting?

thoughtomator
12-15-2014, 10:39 PM
of the two, the Harvard-trained lawyer will almost certainly do far, far more damage in the long run

Christian Liberty
12-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm tired of police...

Mani
12-15-2014, 11:37 PM
To be clear, Hialeah is a Banana Republic. It's little Cuba. I worked in Hialeah for 1 year, it feels like another country...Maybe Cuba, it has zero feel to being in U.S.A. I wouldn't expect Hialeah cops to be real constitutionalists...they will pretty much do whatever.

You do have a bit of time to get your plates transferred over to FL plates, but is he a resident or just a guest in FL? If he's just doing a road trip in FL he can get 2 of the 3 tossed.

specsaregood
12-15-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't understand the importance of mentioning that the victim is a "Harvard" graduate, let alone "double Harvard grad". Its like we are supposed to believe that harvard grads should be treated differently than other mundanes. I'm pretty sure plenty of crooks, cheats and thieves have come out of harvard.

Mani
12-16-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't understand the importance of mentioning that the victim is a "Harvard" graduate, let alone "double Harvard grad". Its like we are supposed to believe that harvard grads should be treated differently than other mundanes. I'm pretty sure plenty of crooks, cheats and thieves have come out of harvard.

Because a portion of the fox news listening bots would otherwise say, "He's a thug, good he got a ticket."

So I get why they included it, but I agree they should NOT be treated differently, they should not be considered part of the protected class.

12-16-2014, 05:57 AM
He didn't this time, but he has in the past. In this case he basically blamed the victim...

Victim? The guy got a couple misdemeanor tickets, not a beatdown.

Nobody here seems to be arguing the cop targeted this guy because of his choice in music. But he had to know that it would agitate the cops and put a bullseye on him.

Sorry but reaching over and turning that shit down is the right way out of this. Is it really worth hundreds of dollars in fines and a day in court over not taking 2 seconds to turn it down?

Weston White
12-16-2014, 06:41 AM

Alright there Michael Bolton, just chill out, ...chill.

Weston White
12-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Cop wins mundane loses. Mundane has to go to court. Probably loses on the seatbelt ticket. Has to prove he had insurance.

Presuming they were on private property (as he had pulled up next to the officer while report-writing) the seatbelt violation becomes moot and thereby renders the basis for initializing the traffic stop, and his subsequent violations, as frivolous--a fact further compounded by the officer's very own statements.

Schifference
12-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Presuming they were on private property (as he had pulled up next to the officer while report-writing) the seatbelt violation becomes moot and thereby renders the basis for initializing the traffic stop, and his subsequent violations, as frivolous--a fact further compounded by the officer's very own statements.
Regardless still a loss for the mundane. He has to go to court on charges that a judge would consider appropriate just to clear his name. We have all heard the saying to pick you battles. This one seems like a lost cause.

Weston White
12-16-2014, 07:13 AM
The system relies on people allowing police to violate their rights.

I would only add that the system demands for people to remain ignorant of their rights and relies upon the police to violate the law.

Weston White
12-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Regardless still a loss for the mundane. He has to go to court on charges that a judge would consider appropriate just to clear his name. We have all heard the saying to pick you battles. This one seems like a lost cause.

Good points. Although this sounds like an upcoming (Harvard) attorney seeking to make a name for himself, so at the very least he comes out of this with a cool, status-elevating story to share with his peers and future employer. ...Projecting this a First Amendment issue, makes it a battle worthy of a good fight, no?

Weston White
12-16-2014, 07:30 AM

However, the only reason for this is because they are obviously too busy agitating the participants of this forum and others like it.

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2014, 07:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/g98opCn.png

Baldelomar quickly pointed out that, despite the lyrics, he was legally allowed to play “Fuck Tha Police” as loudly as he wanted. “In 2012 the state supreme court struck down any law banning loud music,” Baldelomar told the Miami New Times. “I knew that because it was a case I had actually studied in law school.” (And yes, Baldelomar is right!)

That didn’t stop Garzon from giving him three tickets: One for not wearing a seatbelt, one for driving a car with Massachusetts license plates (he’s from Massachusetts), and one for not having a paper copy of his insurance information. Baldelomar plans on fighting all of these tickets in court, since he’s positive he didn’t break any laws, and argues that this incident is just another example of policemen abusing their authority.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464878-Supreme-Court-Sides-With-Police-In-4th-Amendment-Case-Arising-from-Officer%92s-%91Mistake-of-Law%92

A cop can illegally pull you over and then legally cite you. SCOTUS has now officially waved it's hands and declared such things "Constitutional." (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464878-Supreme-Court-Sides-With-Police-In-4th-Amendment-Case-Arising-from-Officer%92s-%91Mistake-of-Law%92)

Spikender
12-16-2014, 08:13 AM
I will now have to pull back out my old "Straight Outta Compton" CD just because of this.

Been a while, but now I have an itchin' for it.

Schifference
12-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Good points. Although this sounds like an upcoming (Harvard) attorney seeking to make a name for himself, so at the very least he comes out of this with a cool, status-elevating story to share with his peers and future employer. ...Projecting this a First Amendment issue, makes it a battle worthy of a good fight, no?
I don't claim to have any legal expertise but would venture to say that there is little or no evidence that indicates that the stop was due to noise or music. I think any claim that the stop was a violation of the First Amendment would be very difficult if not impossible to prove without recorded evidence of the cop saying that that was the reason for the stop.

twomp
12-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Victim? The guy got a couple misdemeanor tickets, not a beatdown.

Nobody here seems to be arguing the cop targeted this guy because of his choice in music. But he had to know that it would agitate the cops and put a bullseye on him.

Sorry but reaching over and turning that shit down is the right way out of this. Is it really worth hundreds of dollars in fines and a day in court over not taking 2 seconds to turn it down?

A cop's job is to serve and protect. Not regulate people's choice in music. Have you forgotten what country you live in?

Occam's Banana
12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
A cop's job is to serve and protect. Not regulate people's choice in music. Have you forgotten what country you live in?

“How about this? Listen to police officers' commands, listen to what we tell you, and just stop. I think that eliminates a lot of problems ... I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464933-Browns-NFL-player-wears-quot-justice-for-Tamir-Crawford-quot-Cops-DEMAND-Apology&p=5731555&viewfull=1#post5731555)

DamianTV
12-16-2014, 04:45 PM
“How about this? Listen to police officers' commands, listen to what we tell you, and just stop. I think that eliminates a lot of problems ... I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464933-Browns-NFL-player-wears-quot-justice-for-Tamir-Crawford-quot-Cops-DEMAND-Apology&p=5731555&viewfull=1#post5731555)

And who tells the Police what to tell the People?

Chains of Obedience.

12-16-2014, 04:46 PM

I live in the real world of America in 2014.

Turning it down is preferable to a day in court, a beatdown or death.

Would I like that not to be the case? Yes, but it's not likely to change anytime soon and I have no desire to sacrifice myself to a lost cause.

Christian Liberty
12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't claim to have any legal expertise but would venture to say that there is little or no evidence that indicates that the stop was due to noise or music. I think any claim that the stop was a violation of the First Amendment would be very difficult if not impossible to prove without recorded evidence of the cop saying that that was the reason for the stop.

Unfortunately this is probably true despite the obviousness of it.

The solution is to abolish all laws against victimless crimes. No drivers licensing laws. No seatbelt laws.

The fact that this is not only controversial, but seen as downright ludicrous, saddens me.

Unfortunately, it seems like the cop's job is anything but "serving and protecting" in today's Amerika...

This is a common response from a lot of people. This needs to not be the case. People need to learn the definition of "victim" and they need to learn the rudimentary basics of libertarian theory. Anarcho-capitalism may be too complicated for most people to understand, but minarchism really, really isn't. Most people don't even understand minarchism, they just understand "authority." Sad...

DamianTV
12-16-2014, 05:35 PM
"To Punish and Enslave" truly has replaced "To Protect and Serve".

I wonder why anyone would actually agree with the opinion of "Fuck the Police", hmmmm...

twomp
12-16-2014, 09:53 PM

Would I like that not to be the case? Yes, but it's not likely to change anytime soon and I have no desire to sacrifice myself to a lost cause.

No you would not like that to be the case. You like things the way they are. It is because of people like you that things have gotten this bad and will continue to get worse. The power that the cops have over you were given to them by YOU and people like you. If half the population drove around playing "Fuck the police" in their cars, what do you think the cops will do? Arrest half the population? Fine and ticket them all? They wouldn't do jack shit. Stand for nothing, fall for everything.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2014, 10:17 PM
"I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association

"I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association

I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2014, 10:34 PM
I think the nation needs to realize that when we tell you to do something, do it ..." - Jeffrey Follmer, president of the Cleveland Patrolman’s Association

That's exactly what jumped out at me too. This is America. I'm not supposed to obey my government, my government is supposed to obey me. What this man is describing, is slavery. Slavery to the state is no better than slavery to men.

Mani
12-16-2014, 10:48 PM

Jeffrey Follmer's real meaning:

Did you hear that loud and clear you fucking mundanes!?! When we say jump you say how high you fucking filth. You better fucking appreciate we keep you safe you goddamn pieces of shit. If I see any of you listening to "fuck the police", gesturing "hands up don't shoot", wearing Tshirts about dead thugs killed by heroes, or anything slightly insulting an officer You better make a damn good apology or else. We keep you safe and we tell you what to do, you fucking ingrate animals.

Antischism
12-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Reminds me, I need to make an anti-cop playlist and upload it somewhere/spread it around.

12-17-2014, 05:37 AM
No you would not like that to be the case. You like things the way they are. It is because of people like you that things have gotten this bad and will continue to get worse. The power that the cops have over you were given to them by YOU and people like you. If half the population drove around playing "Fuck the police" in their cars, what do you think the cops will do? Arrest half the population? Fine and ticket them all? They wouldn't do jack shit. Stand for nothing, fall for everything.

What gives you any inclination that half of the population cares?

Hint, they don't and I prefer to stay living so I will avoid getting myself into situations where cops might kill me.

Weston White
12-17-2014, 06:11 AM

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
– Samuel Adams

"The command of the old despotisms was Thou Shalt Not. The command of the totalitarians was Thou Shalt. Our command is Thou Art. . . . Never again will you be capable of ordinary human feeling. Everything will be dead inside you. Never again will you be capable of love, or friendship, or joy of living, or laughter, or curiosity, or courage, or integrity. You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty and then we shall fill you with ourselves.

Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. . . . The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy—everything."

Yes, as anticipated 69360 is right on schedule.

moostraks
12-17-2014, 07:55 AM

Did you hear that loud and clear you fucking mundanes!?! When we say jump you say how high you fucking filth. You better fucking appreciate we keep you safe you goddamn pieces of shit. If I see any of you listening to "fuck the police", gesturing "hands up don't shoot", wearing Tshirts about dead thugs killed by heroes, or anything slightly insulting an officer You better make a damn good apology or else. We keep you safe and we tell you what to do, you fucking ingrate animals. you are spot on with this! If you listen carefully to the apologists for the police behavior you will see some version of a portion or all of what you wrote. If you listen to the law and order media (FOX news) you will hear a portion or all of this as well. It is drilled into to the mindless zombies to parrot as though they had some creative, original thought on the subject and that those who oppose the zombies on fidelity to state at all costs are the threat to stability and deserve the beat downs and that the deaths have saved society and perserved the liberty of others.

otherone
12-17-2014, 08:11 AM

http://philleticia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d764753ef0133ed87a2e0970b-800wi

moostraks
12-17-2014, 08:15 AM

So you have been present in every interaction with "authorities" of folks here to make such a sweeping characterization of others as merely Internet tough guys who are pretending? I can tell you that it would be an inaccurate assessment of me to believe I roll over and kiss their fanny to avoid a problem. By interacting with me, they have already brought on a confrontation that I was not wanting. Years of abuse by aggressive individuals has taught me that groveling will get you nowhere.

oyarde
12-17-2014, 11:16 AM
I do not like seat belts , but I do like Pink Floyd , Pigs .

twomp
12-17-2014, 01:49 PM
What gives you any inclination that half of the population cares?

Hint, they don't and I prefer to stay living so I will avoid getting myself into situations where cops might kill me.

If you want to live in a country where cops will kill you for listening to "Fuck the Police", you should move to North Korea instead of trying to convince the rest of us to be like you.

twomp
12-17-2014, 01:49 PM
double post...

presence
12-17-2014, 02:21 PM
While listening to "I'm a Suicidal Terrorist", Cop Beats Up Grandpa:

Thread: ‘Goddamned Nazi Stormtrooper’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?464829-%E2%80%98Goddamned-Nazi-Stormtrooper%E2%80%99)

morfeeis
12-17-2014, 04:57 PM
So, Chris Rock is a copsucker, his squeaky voice is annoying too.

His idea that bullets should cost $1,000 each as a way of gun control or his idea that the POTUS and the FL are like the mom and dad of our country, yeah after those words he lost any respect from em...

12-17-2014, 05:43 PM
If you want to live in a country where cops will kill you for listening to "Fuck the Police", you should move to North Korea instead of trying to convince the rest of us to be like you.

I don't want to. But I do.

I just want to stay breathing.

The amount of anger at the police on RPF is something else. You all hate the police so much, but I think it's misplaced. You should be directing your anger at those who control the police.

sparebulb
12-17-2014, 06:13 PM

The amount of anger at the police on RPF is something else. You all hate the police so much, but I think it's misplaced. You should be directing your anger at those who control the police.

You wouldn't dare irritate the po-po,

But you gleefully irritate the RPF.

Just why are you here?

Christian Liberty
12-17-2014, 07:16 PM
His idea that bullets should cost $1,000 each as a way of gun control or his idea that the POTUS and the FL are like the mom and dad of our country, yeah after those words he lost any respect from em...

Are you sure those things weren't jokes? He is a comedian (I don't listen to him.)

Anti Federalist
12-17-2014, 07:27 PM

Uhhhh.... pretty sure that is what we have been doing as well.

Rudeman
12-17-2014, 07:53 PM
So you have been present in every interaction with "authorities" of folks here to make such a sweeping characterization of others as merely Internet tough guys who are pretending? I can tell you that it would be an inaccurate assessment of me to believe I roll over and kiss their fanny to avoid a problem. By interacting with me, they have already brought on a confrontation that I was not wanting. Years of abuse by aggressive individuals has taught me that groveling will get you nowhere.

I'm talking about those talking about an unnecessary confrontation (going out of your way to agitate someone that hasn't confronted you imo isn't the smartest thing to do, if you disagree that is certainly your right) just because ????

moostraks
12-17-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm talking about those talking about an unnecessary confrontation (going out of your way to agitate someone that hasn't confronted you imo isn't the smartest thing to do, if you disagree that is certainly your right) just because ????

If I have to turn my music down as though I have done something wrong because an officer takes offense to my choice of lyrics, it is not me who is creating unnecessary confrontation but the officer who feels entitled to some sort of deference based upon employment. After so many examples of police who have an entitlement attitude and a society that is preaching one should hide their contempt lest they be abused, caged, and/or murdered, some realize that in order to guarantee a right one must exercise that right so that society realizes it is still a damn right. If one abides by the turn it down theory, then you are always looking over your shoulder in fear of offending one of the king's men. Sick control freaks love to create an environment in which people are constantly in fear of offending them. It gives them the excuse they are looking for when they want to lash out as they can claim their victim asked for it and a slew of apologists will agree with the sociopath.

Mani
12-17-2014, 09:29 PM
you are spot on with this! If you listen carefully to the apologists for the police behavior you will see some version of a portion or all of what you wrote. If you listen to the law and order media (FOX news) you will hear a portion or all of this as well. It is drilled into to the mindless zombies to parrot as though they had some creative, original thought on the subject and that those who oppose the zombies on fidelity to state at all costs are the threat to stability and deserve the beat downs and that the deaths have saved society and perserved the liberty of others.

It's funny because the more I was thinking about The cops and all their demanding apologies and comments by them about, "KEEPING US SAFE" it reminded me of "A few Good Men." (Spoiler alert if you haven't seen A few Good Men, I'm ruining the best scene in the movie).

Colonel Jessup being absolutely completely disgusted with the ingrate bastards questioning his actions, who don't appreciate the sacrifices he makes to keep us free. He has this look of absolute disgust and hatred toward these "civilians" who have no idea what he and his men go through to keep the ungrateful whiny bitches free.

And the more you hear quotes from actual cops the more it seems like they have the same attitude! Instead of a feeling of "protecting and serving" the community, it's a military mindset of keeping us safe and the filthy ungrateful scum who complain about these hardworking heroes who live in the line of fire.

And what do you fucking know????? The NYPD actually decides to use Colonel Jessup's speech!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Colonel Jessup! The bad guy who caused the death of an innocent man, the NYPD uses HIM as their motivational Monday!

Sometimes reality is crazier than fiction. Have the cops giving you their 100% viewpoint yet??? This is how cops feel, so when they kill off an innocent person, it's tragic but justified to keep everyone safe. The fact that 1 movie quote can pretty much sum up their feelings exactly is just so awesome it's crazy. Add to the fact, um...Colonel Jessup is the bad guy......

The famous movie quote:

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives," the character says in the movie. "You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

How many times have you heard bits and pieces of this from cops and coplovers? Does this pretty much sum up their feelings? I can't believe the NYPD even agrees.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nypd-cant-handle-truth-police-tweet-villains-speech-few-good-men-movie-1758933

The New York Police Department further angered opponents of police brutality after recent mass protests over the death of Eric Garner when it tweeted a famous movie villain's speech Monday featuring the line, "You can't handle the truth." However, it was the NYPD that apparently couldn't handle "truth" in the speech from "A Few Good Men." The tweet was quickly removed. But not before it caught the eye of people across the nation decrying the NYPD's treatment of black men.

The tweet read, "Motivational Monday -- courtesy of Jack Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men.' " It was published after thousands of people flooded the city over the weekend to demonstrate against a recent grand jury decision to not bring charges against a white police officer who killed Garner of Staten Island with a chokehold in July. The speech comes from a famous courtroom scene where Nicholson's character, Col. Nathan Jessup, Nicholson's character, attempts to defend the extreme violence used against an innocent man that led to his death, according to AOL news.

"You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives," the character says in the movie. "You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

(Click the link to read the tweets.)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yesterday a cop is tweeting he's going to do his duty to kill you, and talks about meeting "I cant breathe" people at a movie theater to shoot them, and now the NYPD is quoting movie VILLAIN Col. Jessup.

Christian Liberty
12-17-2014, 09:40 PM

We're angry at both. People choose to join the police you know.

I think some of them have good reasons, but even still they do it.

GunnyFreedom
12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Well, maybe if America was allowed to get angry at the cops, they wouldn't keep doing this crap.

twomp
12-17-2014, 10:13 PM

Unnecessary confrontation like turning down your music when you see them? Maybe taking a step back when they are walking by? Look to the floor if they look at you? Say sir every time they ask you a question? Don't want to offend the King's Men do you? Do you want to live in that kind of society? That doesn't sound like America to me.

oyarde
12-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Are you sure those things weren't jokes? He is a comedian (I don't listen to him.)
I just thought he was helping set policy . There is around an 11 % Fed tax on ammo currently if I recall , in 2013 , two Dems were working on increasing this to 20 % to 50 % and ammo prices are higher ... and there is state sales taxes on top of the lucrative fed , do nothing , free money , 11 % , off the top cut.....

Anti Federalist
12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Well, maybe if America was allowed to get angry at the cops, they wouldn't keep doing this crap.

Get angry?

Not even supposed to look them in the eye.

Spikender
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Unnecessary confrontation like turning down your music when you see them? Maybe taking a step back when they are walking by? Look to the floor if they look at you? Say sir every time they ask you a question? Don't want to offend the King's Men do you? Do you want to live in that kind of society? That doesn't sound like America to me.

All of this groveling and not one mention of kissing their boots?

You need to work on your groveling, peasant.

oyarde
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Well , I hate cops .It is not because I personally have any opinion of them .It is because they represent douchebaggery . How could I like someone who issues a fine for $25 for not wearing a seatbelt ? They represent everything I hate .If you accept taxpayer money for doing that , well , you suck .Nothing anyone says , changes the fact that you suck , you are the anti Liberty and , I , am Liberty. So , we go about our day , I work hard , try to make some money , and cops and the senate work just as hard to steal it .Why would they pretend to not suck ? They suck , I do not ,Simple as that .Fuck them . When they come to the window , they should say . " sorry sir , I suck , I am a tax tick and a burden on productive society ......

Anti Federalist
12-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Well , I hate cops .It is not because I personally have any opinion of them .It is because they represent douchebaggery . How could I like someone who issues a fine for $25 for not wearing a seatbelt ? They represent everything I hate .If you accept taxpayer money for doing that , well , you suck .Nothing anyone says , changes the fact that you suck , you are the anti Liberty and , I , am Liberty. So , we go about our day , I work hard , try to make some money , and cops and the senate work just as hard to steal it .Why would they pretend to not suck ? They suck , I do not ,Simple as that .Fuck them . When they come to the window , they should say . " sorry sir , I suck , I am a tax tick and a burden on productive society ......

Not so hard to understand when put like that, is it now?

Christian Liberty
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM

lol! The problem is that most people are ethical utilitarians, and thus they will play the "if it saves just one life" card. I have literally explained the inherent aggression behind "seatbelt laws" to people and still gotten fairly apathetic responses. For whatever reason most people are rightly wary of initiating force in daily life but they have no problem letting the State do it for them. For a few people this is purposeful (ie. its part of their philosophical system that the State has certain, usually limited rights that individuals don't) but usually it isn't even considered.

I hate the police as a force. I don't necessarily hate "cops" as individuals. But I don't particularly like "law enforcement" as a career.

oyarde
12-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Not so hard to understand when put like that, is it now?
Not hard at all . Nothing anyone says changes the fact that some asshole makes a living stealing from others for things that do not amount to a hill of beans . People may not realize it , but it is a factor in the fact that we now have a country full of pussies , socialists , assholes and other undesirables who could not survive two days of an avg family 100 yrs go .

Schifference
12-18-2014, 02:55 AM
I wear a seat belt because I feel safer wearing one & would wear it with no law. From what I have heard a seatbelt violation in Connecticut will set you back $92.

Rudeman
12-18-2014, 05:14 AM
If I have to turn my music down as though I have done something wrong because an officer takes offense to my choice of lyrics, it is not me who is creating unnecessary confrontation but the officer who feels entitled to some sort of deference based upon employment. After so many examples of police who have an entitlement attitude and a society that is preaching one should hide their contempt lest they be abused, caged, and/or murdered, some realize that in order to guarantee a right one must exercise that right so that society realizes it is still a damn right. If one abides by the turn it down theory, then you are always looking over your shoulder in fear of offending one of the king's men. Sick control freaks love to create an environment in which people are constantly in fear of offending them. It gives them the excuse they are looking for when they want to lash out as they can claim their victim asked for it and a slew of apologists will agree with the sociopath.

When you purposefully play "Fuck the police" whenever you see a cop you are going out of your way to agitate one and putting yourself at greater risk of a confrontation. By no means do I think you should be confronted for it. If you want to do it to prove a point that is certainly your right but I don't think it is smart to go out of your way to agitate people like that.

Sorry if I have a hard time believing that people do go out of their way to agitate others. That shouldn't be construed as a negative or an insult, not sure why it would be interpreted as one.

Spikender
12-18-2014, 05:25 AM
When you purposefully play "Fuck the police" whenever you see a cop you are going out of your way to agitate one and putting yourself at greater risk of a confrontation. By no means do I think you should be confronted for it. If you want to do it to prove a point that is certainly your right but I don't think it is smart to go out of your way to agitate people like that.

Sorry if I have a hard time believing that people do go out of their way to agitate others. That shouldn't be construed as a negative or an insult, not sure why it would be interpreted as one.

There is no evidence that he purposely played "Fuck tha Police". For all we know, it was on a music playlist and it just so happened that the God of Fate decided that the song must play at that very moment.

Rudeman
12-18-2014, 05:32 AM
There is no evidence that he purposely played "Fuck tha Police". For all we know, it was on a music playlist and it just so happened that the God of Fate decided that the song must play at that very moment.

I'm not talking about the original article (from what I read that person didn't do anything wrong), I'm talking about poster kcchiefs who admits to playing "Fuck tha Police" whenever he sees a cop. Not that I think he should be confronted for it, just questioning whether it is a smart thing to do.

BTW just to be perfectly clear I do enjoy the song (not my favorite NWA song but it's good enough) and would turn it up if it was on the radio, might still have the cd as well. Sucks for the person in the article to be harassed over a song.

kcchiefs6465
12-18-2014, 07:05 AM
This.

I wouldn't care so much if they were simple tax ticks receiving money that is not their's. As it stands they are not unproductive, they are counterproductive. The person who is paycheck to paycheck cannot afford these extortion notices. Their license is suspended? Well they're going to jail as well as losing their car and probably losing their job. The amount of lives that have been impeded by these by and large worthless tapeworms is simply unfathomable and often unnoticed.

moostraks
12-18-2014, 08:27 AM

Have you ever lived with an abusive person? They are always agitated. The mere fact you are breathing agitates them. The type of officer that gets pissed about song lyrics played in their presence is an arrogant sociopath that expects people to fear his authority. We have developed a police force that by and large is like living with an abusive significant other. The officers feed off of each other's contempt for those they are supposed to SERVE. So now instead of being public servants, they believe themselves to be, as proven by court findings, a protected class.

Your responses on this issue are like that of someone who finds themself dependent upon an abusive person. You are blaming the victim for inciting the problem, agitating the officer. What folks might find insulting is the sarcastic comments about what people are like in their interactions with government servants when you aren't present and have no knowledge by which to make such insulting remarks.

Your position of blaming the victim for not paying proper respect to a sociopath contributes to the mentality the sociopath holds that they are entitled to their employers fearing offending them. Sociopaths will never be content. If you give in to one demand then they will find something else to blame you for causing them to cause you harm. Eventually your "free" society is teaching children that if they are playing outside they can expect an officer to come up on them with lights blazing, sirens screaming, and they are to throw all objects away from themselves and remain prostrate on the ground until the officer has secured the play area they are occupying and ensured officer safety. Your "free" society will be making excuses that failure for children to comply with anything other than complete physical and psychological submission upon being terrorized by the police in such a manner requires immediate execution of the non-compliant child for the safety of the protected class, police. In a generation or two, what type of a "free" society will be left?

moostraks
12-18-2014, 09:16 AM
It's funny because the more I was thinking about The cops and all their demanding apologies and comments by them about, "KEEPING US SAFE" it reminded me of "A few Good Men." (Spoiler alert if you haven't seen A few Good Men, I'm ruining the best scene in the movie).

Colonel Jessup being absolutely completely disgusted with the ingrate bastards questioning his actions, who don't appreciate the sacrifices he makes to keep us free. He has this look of absolute disgust and hatred toward these "civilians" who have no idea what he and his men go through to keep the ungrateful whiny bitches free.

And the more you hear quotes from actual cops the more it seems like they have the same attitude! Instead of a feeling of "protecting and serving" the community, it's a military mindset of keeping us safe and the filthy ungrateful scum who complain about these hardworking heroes who live in the line of fire.

And what do you fucking know????? The NYPD actually decides to use Colonel Jessup's speech!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Colonel Jessup! The bad guy who caused the death of an innocent man, the NYPD uses HIM as their motivational Monday!

Sometimes reality is crazier than fiction. Have the cops giving you their 100% viewpoint yet??? This is how cops feel, so when they kill off an innocent person, it's tragic but justified to keep everyone safe. The fact that 1 movie quote can pretty much sum up their feelings exactly is just so awesome it's crazy. Add to the fact, um...Colonel Jessup is the bad guy......

The famous movie quote:

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives," the character says in the movie. "You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

How many times have you heard bits and pieces of this from cops and coplovers? Does this pretty much sum up their feelings? I can't believe the NYPD even agrees.

http://www.ibtimes.com/nypd-cant-handle-truth-police-tweet-villains-speech-few-good-men-movie-1758933

The New York Police Department further angered opponents of police brutality after recent mass protests over the death of Eric Garner when it tweeted a famous movie villain's speech Monday featuring the line, "You can't handle the truth." However, it was the NYPD that apparently couldn't handle "truth" in the speech from "A Few Good Men." The tweet was quickly removed. But not before it caught the eye of people across the nation decrying the NYPD's treatment of black men.

The tweet read, "Motivational Monday -- courtesy of Jack Nicholson in 'A Few Good Men.' " It was published after thousands of people flooded the city over the weekend to demonstrate against a recent grand jury decision to not bring charges against a white police officer who killed Garner of Staten Island with a chokehold in July. The speech comes from a famous courtroom scene where Nicholson's character, Col. Nathan Jessup, Nicholson's character, attempts to defend the extreme violence used against an innocent man that led to his death, according to AOL news.

"You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives," the character says in the movie. "You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

(Click the link to read the tweets.)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yesterday a cop is tweeting he's going to do his duty to kill you, and talks about meeting "I cant breathe" people at a movie theater to shoot them, and now the NYPD is quoting movie VILLAIN Col. Jessup.

Wow! I hadn't seen that movie in a long time. I am astounded that they would use that quote. Lol! Arrogance knows no boundaries. Too funny they came out after your thinking of the matter. Maybe you have infected their subconscious?:p

Rudeman
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Have you ever lived with an abusive person? They are always agitated. The mere fact you are breathing agitates them. The type of officer that gets pissed about song lyrics played in their presence is an arrogant sociopath that expects people to fear his authority. We have developed a police force that by and large is like living with an abusive significant other. The officers feed off of each other's contempt for those they are supposed to SERVE. So now instead of being public servants, they believe themselves to be, as proven by court findings, a protected class.

Your responses on this issue are like that of someone who finds themself dependent upon an abusive person. You are blaming the victim for inciting the problem, agitating the officer. What folks might find insulting is the sarcastic comments about what people are like in their interactions with government servants when you aren't present and have no knowledge by which to make such insulting remarks.

Your position of blaming the victim for not paying proper respect to a sociopath contributes to the mentality the sociopath holds that they are entitled to their employers fearing offending them. Sociopaths will never be content. If you give in to one demand then they will find something else to blame you for causing them to cause you harm. Eventually your "free" society is teaching children that if they are playing outside they can expect an officer to come up on them with lights blazing, sirens screaming, and they are to throw all objects away from themselves and remain prostrate on the ground until the officer has secured the play area they are occupying and ensured officer safety. Your "free" society will be making excuses that failure for children to comply with anything other than complete physical and psychological submission upon being terrorized by the police in such a manner requires immediate execution of the non-compliant child for the safety of the protected class, police. In a generation or two, what type of a "free" society will be left?

uh no, not even close. So you recommend that people who live with an abusive person to purposefully do something that would likely agitate them. I would recommend trying to move/get away from that abuser if possible, but I guess that somehow makes a person dependent on that abuser.

In no way is that victim blaming, it's called using common sense. At no point have I ever said the victim deserved the abuse.

Christian Liberty
12-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Rudeman isn't victim blaming. There is a subtle yet very clear difference between discussing pragmatic responses to the State and suggesting that the State is justified.