PDA

View Full Version : FSU Straw Poll

purepaloma
06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
There was a recent straw poll taken at a Florida State University sports (general forum) website that sometimes talks politics. (Will note that it is mainly alumni so all ages are on this forum)

NOBODY knew who Ron Paul was a month ago...until I started chiming in with comments, links, articles, etc.

Someone posted the first poll I've seen on this sports website, and here is the results. (Will note it's impossible to spam the poll as members can only vote once per the system, guests cannot vote) Despite only being about 50 people - I was shocked as again, this is NOT a Ron Paul haven, nor is it a place about politics....but it seems if people are exposed to the information and they look into it further that RP can stick! Paul's message is powerful, we just need to continue to spread the word to others in a non-spamming way.

POLL: So, what are you republicans thinking so far?….(08 election).

If the primary was tomorrow who would you vote for? not enough room for Jim Gilmore in the poll.
Results (total votes = 45):

Sam Brownback 0 / 0.00%

Tommy Thompson 0 / 0.00%

Rudy Giuliani 9 / 20.00%

Mike Huckabee 1 / 2.22%

Duncan Hunter 0 / 0.00%

John McCain 4 / 8.89%

Ron Paul 16 / 35.56%

Mitt Romney 2 / 4.44%

Tom Tancredo 1 / 2.22%

Fred Thompson 12 / 26.67%

gravesdav
06-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Nice results. The message is powerful

not enough room for Jim Gilmore in the poll
OUCH!

Noodles
06-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you are doing a great job. I am a regular on a Southern Miss board, but most of them are warmongers. (so far)

Wyurm
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I've seen at least 3 articles that say Ron lacks charisma (they were otherwise positive articles). However, I strongly disagree. Its not like his message is totally new, but hes just got the hang of how to present it. Once you hear him explain how the country should be, you're hooked.

purepaloma
06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Sounds like you are doing a great job. I am a regular on a Southern Miss board, but most of them are warmongers. (so far)

Noodles, keep at it - but do it like Ron, in a non-threatening or defense way. The truth of it will shine through and people will start to get disgusted with what is going on with the current system. The FSU board was the exact same as your board, people were just towing their party line without deep thought.

Another hot topic lately is the CFR. Give them a few posts about Lou Dobbs, & Glen Beck today. People like to see it on video, actual facts like transcripts.........this stuff will rattle the war-mongers to start thinking outside the box.

purepaloma
06-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Update 2 days later:

Results (total votes = 72):

Sam Brownback 0 / 0.00%

Tommy Thompson 1 / 1.39%

Rudy Giuliani 15 / 20.83%

Mike Huckabee 2 / 2.78%

Duncan Hunter 1 / 1.39%

John McCain 4 / 5.56%

Ron Paul 30 / 41.67%

Mitt Romney 2 / 2.78%

Tom Tancredo 1 / 1.39%

Fred Thompson 16 / 22.22%

akalucas
06-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Good to see majority pick Ron Paul over Fred Thompson once they hear his message. I think this is what we will see once Paul gets well known.