PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Carol Paul phone message.

JustBcuz
12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
A thought came to me a little while after receiving my phone message.

Maybe the campaign is looking for feedback, but can't ask for it directly. I can't think of a reason to use this particular call to ppl who've already donated except for feedback & perhaps testing their system.

My take on the call.

Nice, positive, brief (big +), kinda drab, it doesn't get into positions at all (but what can you do in under 60 seconds)....has the Ron Paul phone # at the end. It'll work for starters, and a name recognition push.

I'd hope something more substantial is in the works to follow these up with.

Now, if the campaign would get these to gen-pop, auto-dialers, it would make my job that much easier.

ne1buthilary
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I received it today.. thought it was nice. Carol has a sweet sounding phone voice. Not sure why I received the call though.. I've already donated a few times and will be voting for RP without a doubt.. is it totally random or are they targeting people that have already donated? i'm in ohio btw

10thAmendmentMan
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Transcript anyone?

kylejack
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Probably just a good tool to re-energize the base, and its a good way to get people who don't pay attention to their e-mail donating again. If you can't hit them up on e-mail, hit them up on the phone! Its actually a great idea.

McDermit
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
It would be interesting to know who the calls will be going out to.

megasooner
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Honestly, I spent more time staring at my phone in awe at the physical manifestation of my digital efforts than critiquing the phonecall.

ronpaulfollower999
12-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I got the phone call and donated to the campaign.

Revolution9
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Honestly, I spent more time staring at my phone in awe at the physical manifestation of my digital efforts than critiquing the phonecall.

hahaha.. It's cool when that happens.

Best
Randy

Green Mountain Boy
12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Carol Paul:

Hi, this Carol Paul. My husband, Republican Congressman Ron Paul is running for president. Let me tell you a little bit about Ron. Ron and I were married 50 years ago. Ron served in the Air Force during the Vietnam era after he graduated from Duke medical school. We have 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson. Ron specialized in providing health care for women and children. He has delivered thousands of babies. Ron wants to bring conservative values to the presidency. Thanks for listening.

Deep-voiced man:

To learn more about Ron Paul, please call 1-877-RONPAUL

That's 1-877-RONPAUL

1-877-RONPAUL

Authorized and paid for by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

Suzu
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
To me she sounded weak and very scripted. I'd like to know if they're just calling everyone in the country, or just registered voters, or just people in their own database.... and if it's the latter, why bother?

ronpaulfollower999
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Carol Paul:

Hi, this Carol Paul. My husband, Republican Congressman Ron Paul is running for president. Let me tell you a little bit about Ron. Ron and I were married 60 years ago. Ron served in the Air Force during the Vietnam era after he graduated from Duke medical school. We have 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson. Ron specialized in providing health care for women and children. He has delivered thousands of babies. Ron wants to bring conservative values to the presidency. Thanks for listening.

Deep-voiced man:

To learn more about Ron Paul, please call 1-877-RONPAUL

That's 1-877-RONPAUL

1-877-RONPAUL

Authorized and paid for by Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

They where married 50 years ago not 60.

ronpaulfollower999
12-03-2007, 02:58 PM
To me she sounded weak and very scripted. I'd like to know if they're just calling everyone in the country, or just registered voters, or just people in their own database.... and if it's the latter, why bother?

My parents also received the call in South Florida, they are both registered democrats.

mamakar
12-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I thought she sounded down to earth and sincere. Certainly not a Hillary type. Its a beginning and I loved it.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I thought it was a good message. She has a pleasing voice to the ear. It was quick and effective.

libertarian4321
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
It should appeal to the "family values" Republicans who are dissatisfied with the likes of Giuliani.

honkywill
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't know how this could be all the effective. Seems like you would want to go for the throat. War, taxes, debt, borders!

I can't imagine that audio phasing me if I hadn't already known about Dr Paul.

V4Vendetta
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM

Holy SHIT!!!

THATS GOT TO BE THE BEST SENTENCE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS FORUM....
WE JUST FOUND THE SPEECH WRITER FOR THE CAMPAIGN!!!

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I was just stunned... Loved it.

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Transcript anyone?

I got one better eh?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2BiZRrAQI

V4Vendetta
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I got one better eh?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2BiZRrAQI

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Taco John
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
I wish she would have said: My husband, Ron Paul, is the Republican Congressman running for president... I think just that simple switch would have made the call a little more clear.

LizF
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
We got that same phone call about a month ago here in NH.

I think it went out to registered GOP voters, because a Romney supporter I was chatting w/after a local GOP meeting mentioned having received the same phone call from RP's wife earlier in the day.