PDA

View Full Version : Families of Newtown Victims Sue Rifle Manufacturer

RonPaulFanInGA
12-15-2014, 10:22 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/families-newtown-victims-sue-gunmaker-seller-27606516

The families of nine of the 26 people killed and a teacher wounded two years ago at the Sandy Hook Elementary School filed a lawsuit Monday against the manufacturer, distributor and seller of the rifle used in the shooting.

The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit, filed in Bridgeport Superior Court, asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been made publicly available because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense.

"The AR-15 was specifically engineered for the United States military to meet the needs of changing warfare," attorney Josh Koskoff said in a release. "In fact, one of the Army's specifications for the AR-15 was that it has the capability to penetrate a steel helmet."

donnay
12-15-2014, 10:42 AM
How come not the Lanza family?

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Yep, the rifle picked itself up and killed... :rolleyes:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/families-newtown-victims-sue-gunmaker-seller-27606516
(http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/families-newtown-victims-sue-gunmaker-seller-27606516) "The AR-15 was specifically engineered for the United States military to meet the needs of changing warfare," attorney Josh Koskoff said in a release. "In fact, one of the Army's specifications for the AR-15 was that it has the capability to penetrate a steel helmet."Today's helmets aren't steel, but a Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene, which stop most of today's standard military rounds across the globe. I guess if the US declares war on another 3rd world nation, yeah, you'll find steel helmets in this progressive dramatic comparison of ABCNEWS/lawyer ramblings. Then again, there are 100s of non-military firearms can penetrate a steel helmet... so we know their end game with their operations, is to eventually "Completely Disarm Civilian America".

RonPaulFanInGA
12-15-2014, 10:47 AM

Because Adam and Nancy are dead? The father and older brother didn't live with them.

pcosmar
12-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Oh,, This really needs one of those "good" lawyers I have heard about.

Firstly,, the military adopted the .223 Remington due to weight and size considerations. The .308 previously in service would puncture any helmet known to man.

So are the suing Remington? For it's hunting ammo that was adopted by the military?

And the military rifles were produced by several companies.. Colt in Particular.. Are they suing Colt?

This case has so much fail,, it will not even be entertaining to watch.

Weston White
12-15-2014, 11:16 AM
So then sue the U.S. Government, the Pentagon, and the U.S. Army and Marine Corps—if the manufacturer of the AR-15 was under a government contract to produce explicit functionalities then they would be exempt from future culpability.

P.S. The official narrative of what went down at the Sandy Hook school is pure bunkum! Wake up "families".

donnay
12-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Because Adam and Nancy are dead? The father and older brother didn't live with them.

Nancy Lanza had assets?

AuH20
12-15-2014, 11:29 AM
If this wasn't so ridiculous...

http://www.infowars.com/rifle-maker-sued-over-sandy-hook/

The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit, filed in Bridgeport Superior Court and released on Monday, asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been made publicly available because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense.

"In order to continue profiting from the sale of AR-15s, defendants chose to disregard the unreasonable risks the rifle posed outside of specialized, highly regulated institutions like the armed forces and law enforcement," the plaintiffs wrote in the complaint.

jmdrake
12-15-2014, 11:34 AM
"The AR-15 was specifically engineered for the United States military to meet the needs of changing warfare," attorney Josh Koskoff said in a release. "In fact, one of the Army's specifications for the AR-15 was that it has the capability to penetrate a steel helmet."

Were any of the people killed or wounded wearing steel helmets? If not what is the relevance of this?

limequat
12-15-2014, 11:47 AM

Were any of the people killed or wounded wearing steel helmets? If not what is the relevance of this?

The point is that it was designed to kill many people in short order. As opposed to alleged legitimate uses of guns: self defense and hunting. Everyone knows that you use shotguns for hunting and self defense.
I wonder if the victims would have been happier to have been filled with buckshot instead of .223?

A cookie if you can spot the fallacy in the lawyers argument: According to the constitution, one legitimate use of firearms is to restrain tyrannical government. And for that you need a weapon that will kill many people in short order. Is it any wonder that government clamours to make this particular weapon illegal?

limequat
12-15-2014, 11:48 AM

1) Outlaw assault weapons.
2) Individual mandates...for steel helmets on public school kids

Problem solved.

Kotin
12-15-2014, 11:49 AM
so besides this completely asinine lawsuit,

AR-15's are perfectly suited for home-defense... super fail..

limequat
12-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Someone needs to say it: "How are we supposed to cast off the chains of an oppressive government with folding knives?"

12-15-2014, 12:01 PM
So if somebody runs a person over with a hummer should AM general be sued because the hummer was designed for military use? How far are these people willing to go with this?

AuH20
12-15-2014, 12:04 PM
So if somebody runs a person over with a hummer should AM general be sued because the hummer was designed for military use? How far are these people willing to go with this?

And then people wonder how corporations came into existence. It's largely because of nonsense like this.

jmdrake
12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
The point is that it was designed to kill many people in short order. As opposed to alleged legitimate uses of guns: self defense and hunting. Everyone knows that you use shotguns for hunting and self defense.
I wonder if the victims would have been happier to have been filled with buckshot instead of .223?

A cookie if you can spot the fallacy in the lawyers argument: According to the constitution, one legitimate use of firearms is to restrain tyrannical government. And for that you need a weapon that will kill many people in short order. Is it any wonder that government clamours to make this particular weapon illegal?

Yeah....but the most deadly mass shooting in U.S. history was carried out with 9mm handguns.

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/02/44/65/675164/3/628x471.jpg

Deborah K
12-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Anyone ever see the movie, Runaway Jury? Plaintiffs sue a gun manufacturer. Great movie, wrong premise though. A juror on the inside and a woman on the outside manipulate a court trial involving a major gun manufacturer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c80vGyzA0LI

Oh, and as far as AR-15s go - they might be the only 'legal' weapon that allows innocent civilians to ward off the police state, imo. But of course, that's just for our edification.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-15-2014, 12:20 PM

Well, look at the tobacco companies. They got/get sued for all sorts of money, despite the fact that the smoker is one who freely chose to use their products.

Deborah K
12-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Well, look at the tobacco companies. They got/get sued for all sorts of money, despite the fact that the smoker is one who freely chose to use their products.

No, they lied about what they were putting in the tobacco. An insider whistleblew on them.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2014, 01:39 PM
ARs are popguns.

REAL battle rifles are .30 caliber

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/4376131329/7179015/46bb8704de95ae330ed81007ca21cff6.jpg

Tod
12-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Will they go to trial or settle?

I hope they go to trial and either the case is dismissed as frivolous or the parents lose after great expense to themselves and they are forced to pay the defendant's legal fees.

devil21
12-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Suing a gun maker instead of suing the state, the school district, etc? Yeah that'll help the credibility of the SH narrative :rolleyes:

Such a bs story from top to bottom.

specsaregood
12-15-2014, 03:14 PM
The conspiracy folk should like this. I mean the manufacturer can just pull up all those youtube videos saying the whole incident was fake/staged and nobody actually was shot. Bam, case dismissed!

devil21
12-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Don't forget that Bushmaster is owned by Cerberus Capital under their Freedom Group company. Same Cerberus that was bailed out when they were owners of Chrysler and GMAC finance. Very politically connected. Hmmm.....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?218130-Cerberus-Capital-%28of-GMAC-amp-Chrysler-bailout-fame%29-is-buying-up-gun-and-ammo-makers

Schifference
12-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Someone needs to say it: "How are we supposed to cast off the chains of an oppressive government with folding knives?"

That will be difficult after they take away the folding knives!

pcosmar
12-15-2014, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Such a bs story from top to bottom.

On so many levels.

I suppose they will be able to provide conclusive evidence that Adam Lanza's Bushmaster was responsible for the wounds.
(or any Bushmaster at all)
That would mean producing evidence of wounds,, and evidence collected at the scene.

That could be interesting.

Schifference
12-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Will they go to trial or settle?

I hope they go to trial and either the case is dismissed as frivolous or the parents lose after great expense to themselves and they are forced to pay the defendant's legal fees.
I fear this case will be all emotion and about the poor victims and not the legality of the weapon.

CaptainAmerica
12-15-2014, 03:19 PM
The Bushmaster was not even used according to the reports, it was a 9mm ...but then the coroner said it was a high caliber rifle ballistic damage...W/E I don't know what to believe anymore with this bullshit media and government

devil21
12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
On so many levels.

I suppose they will be able to provide conclusive evidence that Adam Lanza's Bushmaster was responsible for the wounds.
(or any Bushmaster at all)
That would mean producing evidence of wounds,, and evidence collected at the scene.

That could be interesting.

Given Cerberus political connections (and by that I mean Bushmaster would be the willing scapegoat for the larger anti-gun agenda), I'm inclined to think it won't get anywhere near the discovery phase where real evidence has to be opened up. Expect fresh emotional media nonsense, more camera time for the 'victims' to talk about how evil firearms are, a big published settlement amount but no new evidence. That's how they'd counter the "where are the lawsuits??" questions. In the real world, those families would be suing every last entity that had anything to do with the deaths of their children, from the school district, to the state of CT, to the gun maker, Lanza estate and everyone else in between that could have possibly held any responsibility/negligence that led to the deaths.

NorfolkPCSolutions
12-15-2014, 04:59 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Personally, I approve. Go ahead and sue Bushmaster - then Corelle for making big dinner plates that are responsible for the expanding American collective ass.

<popcorn>

A Son of Liberty
12-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Because the manufacturer has a helluva lot more money than the estate, if any, of the Lanza family.

It's either that or they were seduced by a silver tongued lawyer who saw dollar signs.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Personally, I approve. Go ahead and sue Bushmaster - then Corelle for making big dinner plates that are responsible for the expanding American collective ass.

<popcorn>

Yes, when can 'we' start suing chain (and family) restaurants that offer up humongous portions of whatever you order. It's probably contributing to what the U.S. government claims is an obesity epidemic.

Ordered a pork chop dinner at a small diner recently, and I don't believe even Joey Chestnut could have finished the quantity of food in which I was served.

donnay
12-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Because the manufacturer has a helluva lot more money than the estate, if any, of the Lanza family.

It's either that or they were seduced by a silver tongued lawyer who saw dollar signs.

The other oddity in this is that supposedly Nancy Lanza's house would not sell so the bank bought it for $1.00.

Sources:
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-adam-lanza-house-items-burned-p-20141204-story.html
http://alternative-news.tk/sandyhook-adam-lanza-house-sold-for-1-all-items-inside-ordered-to-be-destroyed-by-fire/

I posted a Youtube video a few days ago that has disappeared. But if anyone can get their hands on a copy of We Need to Talk About Sandy Hook (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4245810/) it is a great documentary with very interesting questions.

More info about the documentary: http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/12/10/sandy-hook-documentary-isnt-about-sandy-hook-the-fortress-and-whats-inside/

PaulConventionWV
12-15-2014, 07:27 PM

Does the Lanza family even exist? We may never know.

TheCount
12-15-2014, 07:36 PM
silver tongued lawyer who saw dollar signs.

Yeeeeep.

donnay
12-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Does the Lanza family even exist? We may never know.

Not everything seems as it appears. The is the age of deception, no doubt.

tony m
12-15-2014, 07:56 PM

NRA won't discuss that the 2nd amendment is about the common man defending against a too powerful government. Neither does the the three major "2A" organizations in New York State.

The system setup a box, and puts the "rights" in it. Personal defense, hunting, gun rights, is in the box. Until org's move out of the box and bring to the forefront exactly what the 2nd is about - power; it's a descent into the Loss column.

Anti Federalist
12-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Wasn't there a federal law passed a few years back that prohibited such suits?

specsaregood
12-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Wasn't there a federal law passed a few years back that prohibited such suits?

I don't know if it passed; but I know the NRA dinged Dr. Paul's rating for voting against such a law.

FloralScent
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
They would actually have to produce the weapons used and the bullets retrieved from the bodies for ballistic identification; not going to happen.

Pauls' Revere
12-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Why not sue big PHARMA due to the meds this kid was gorked on?

donnay
12-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Why not sue big PHARMA due to the meds this kid was gorked on?

They're protected.