PDA

View Full Version : AOL rigging poll

jesshwarren
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I was on here the other day and Ron Paul was in the lead with 25% Now he is down to 7% and the # of voters did not change 250K AOL SUCKS

http://news.aol.com/elections

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
They shifted results around...wtf?

jesshwarren
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Look at the poll right below. Rudy has 75% neg report. LMAO they shot themselves in the foot. I HATE AOL :eek:

Midnight77
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep. Caught them earlier this morning. They boosted Rudy by 150 votes in a matter of 5 seconds. I watched it.

Think about it for a sec. Does any of us really expect Rudy to get 59,000 votes on an online poll? Give me a break.

This is a Frank Luntz-style poll. A complete sham. And they have a code running behind it. I wonder if someone can do an article about this.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah, their polls are a little suspect, or they can all just be old people. They seem to be really promoting the hell out of Huckster these last 2 weeks. He must hae got an invitation to you know where.

jesshwarren
12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
I voted on there Sat. I should have got a screen shot. Ron Paul was 25% and in the lead. Votes where at 250,000 voted

jesshwarren
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Contact AOL and express your consern. h ttp://corp.aol.com/contact.shtml

Midnight77
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah, their polls are a little suspect, or they can all just be old people. They seem to be really promoting the hell out of Huckster these last 2 weeks. He must hae got an invitation to you know where.

No, no, no. Old people don't vote in these numbers. This is a sham, like I said.

I clicked on results, and saw that Rudy was at 59,585 earlier this morning. I voted for Paul and 5 seconds later, Rudy's numbers shot up by 150 votes.

They likely have a script running behind this.

And they are helping to promote Huckabee as well. Huckabee just recently became popular. Are we expecting him to shoot up this much in an online poll, as well?

This poll is a complete sham. No dodging that claim. Everyone should contact AOL and express their outrage.

Brian Ristuccia
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I was on here the other day and Ron Paul was in the lead with 25% Now he is down to 7% and the # of voters did not change 250K AOL SUCKS

http://news.aol.com/elections

Is it possible that this is a different poll than the one where Ron Paul was winning? If I recall, the previous poll was attached to a story about the CNN/Youtube debate, while this one is attached to a story headlined "Obama, Huckabee Lead '08 Race in Iowa"

I know I'm careful to avoid voting twice in an online poll, even though some polls allow it. It's certainly possible that other Ron Paul supporters are exercising similar caution. If this is in fact a different poll, supporters should be encouraged to head over to the site and vote.

theswedishchef
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Well it is the second time that happens on an AOL poll

Last time it happened someone uploaded a video on youtube
that showed how it was done and then the cheating stopped.

after that it took Ron Paul only 2 days to overtake rudy and Huck
by 8% or so.

jesshwarren
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I got a screen shot of the debate poll with the web adress on the screen shot. I'm patiently waiting for the change. I will then pounce on them like a cat on a mouse.

theswedishchef
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh and btw, if I remember correctly that poll was up for 2 weeks during that time Rudy received
something like 50.000 votes.

Ron Paul had 60.000+ in that poll the last time i watched.

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
I got a screen shot of the debate poll with the web adress on the screen shot. I'm patiently waiting for the change. I will then pounce on them like a cat on a mouse.

Excellent.
I looked and couldn't find mine.
We need to always document everything.

Brian Ristuccia
12-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Is it possible that this is a different poll than the one where Ron Paul was winning? If I recall, the previous poll was attached to a story about the CNN/Youtube debate, while this one is attached to a story headlined "Obama, Huckabee Lead '08 Race in Iowa"

I know I'm careful to avoid voting twice in an online poll, even though some polls allow it. It's certainly possible that other Ron Paul supporters are exercising similar caution. If this is in fact a different poll, supporters should be encouraged to head over to the site and vote.

Just headed back over there now and noticed that while the story with the poll has 5992 comments, clicking on the comments link brings you to a "not found" page on AOL's site. Most of the other comments links on http://news.aol.com/elections seem to be broken too. Whether the system is hosed up, or someone is actually tampering with it, it does seem mighty convenient that the forums are also broken and can't be used to air complaints....