PDA

View Full Version : Gay Bakeries Asked To Bake Pro-Traditional Marriage Baked Goods

alucard13mm
12-14-2014, 04:14 PM
So not too long ago, cake bakers who did not believe in gay marriage were forced to bake cakes for gay couples or for gay marriages. There are flaws though.. since sometimes he wanted anti-gay things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJaroR_qTNs

puppetmaster
12-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Good

pcosmar
12-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Title is misleading.

Gay Bakeries Asked To Bake Pro-Traditional Marriage Baked Goods

They were asking then for ANTI-Gay products.
Nothing Christian about it.

it is nothing but shit stirring.

Origanalist
12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
Title is misleading.

Hmmm, rather unfortunate way to describe it.

Origanalist
12-14-2014, 05:11 PM
muh cakes

brushfire
12-14-2014, 05:16 PM
"What happened to the frosting? Is that...a scrotum print?"

pcosmar
12-14-2014, 05:18 PM
muh cakes

I like Cake.

http://s.twistynoodle.com/img/r/cake-with-missing-piece/i-like-cake-2/i-like-cake-2_coloring_page.png?ctok=20111110093815

I don't think I would know the difference between a gay cake or an anti-gay cake without some sign.

pcosmar
12-14-2014, 05:20 PM
http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/026433.jpg

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Title is misleading.

I actually think this is incredibly Christian, in a sense. Its a backhanded way of proving the absurdity of anti-discrimination law. You want to dish out government aggression, you should be able to take it.

Now, if the gay baker in question opposed the discrimination law, than I would agree that its anti-Christian. But if he was among those who was trying to use the government to bash Christians, why shouldn't he get some of his own? The reason isn't vengenace, its to prove the absurdity of the law. Don't worry, Christians aren't loved by today's society, so the government will probably ignore the inconsistency.

TheCount
12-14-2014, 05:58 PM
I actually think this is incredibly Christian, in a sense. Its a backhanded way of proving the absurdity of anti-discrimination law. You want to dish out government aggression, you should be able to take it.

Now, if the gay baker in question opposed the discrimination law, than I would agree that its anti-Christian. But if he was among those who was trying to use the government to bash Christians, why shouldn't he get some of his own? The reason isn't vengenace, its to prove the absurdity of the law.

Except it's blatantly not the same thing.

A cake with two male figures on it is not an anti-straight marriage cake. It is just a cake. It advocates nothing. The equivalent 'straight marriage' cake is just a plain old wedding cake with a male and female figure on it, which any bakery would be happy to make regardless of the owner's sexual orientation. That is not what the caller asked for, he asked for a cake which has a specific anti- message.

Don't worry, Christians aren't loved by today's society, so the government will probably ignore the inconsistency.

Maybe you should try outwardly pretending to be of another religion or non-religious and see how 'not loved' Christians are in comparison.

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Except it's blatantly not the same thing.

A cake with two male figures on it is not an anti-straight marriage cake. It is just a cake. It advocates nothing. The equivalent 'straight marriage' cake is just a plain old wedding cake with a male and female figure on it, which any bakery would be happy to make regardless of the owner's sexual orientation. That is not what the caller asked for, he asked for a cake which has a specific anti- message.

Play with fire, get your hand burned off...

I wish more Christians would play hardball and actually stand up for their rights like this rather than laying down and letting the government give it to them.

Is it possible that these Christians are inconsistent on liberty-issues? Of course it is, but that's another matter..

Maybe you should try outwardly pretending to be of another religion or non-religious and see how 'not loved' Christians are in comparison.

I can't do that for a number of reasons, but if I did, I'd probably be a heck of a lot less accepted in my own social circle, but a heck of a lot more accepted in the country at large...

12-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Nobody who owns a bakery should be forced by the government to bake anything. End of discussion.

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Nobody who owns a bakery should be forced by the government to bake anything. End of discussion.

Agreed. Exposing the hypocrisy is a good thing.

pcosmar
12-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Is it possible that these Christians are inconsistent on liberty-issues?

I suspect some of them are inconsistent on several issues.