PDA

View Full Version : America’s white millennial problem: Why the next great generation might not be liberal

NACBA
12-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, there is a strong case that younger voters on the whole are more liberal. For instance, a study by the Center for American Progress finds that while the mean American’s ideological position is 209 (with 0 being most conservative and 400 being most progressive), those under 29 score 219.7 (Obama voters scored 244). But while millennials are more socially liberal across the board, there are stark racial divides on economic issues. Younger voters are more likely than older voters to agree with the statement, “Labor unions are necessary to protect the working person” and “the government should be doing more to solve problems.” These questions, however, are rather vague and positively worded. And other data suggest a large gap between white millenials and millenials of color. For instance, young white men supported Romney in the 2012 election.

White millenials are also significantly less supportive of Obama (54 percent) than black millenials (95 percent) and Hispanic millenials (76 percent). The most recent poll of Obama finds that young whites and older whites have virtually identical approval ratings. A recent Pew survey of millennials finds that on economic issues, there are strong gaps between young whites and young non-white millenials (see chart).

http://media.salon.com/2014/12/millennial-1.png

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/14/americas_white_millennial_problem_why_the_next_gre at_generation_might_not_be_a_liberal_one/

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 03:33 PM
So what are ancaps on the conservative/progressive scale?;)

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 03:36 PM
I-M-N-O-T-H-I-N
I-M-N-O-T-H-I-N

I'm nothing'
I'm nothin'
Are you a republican or a democrat
A liberal fascist full of crap

I'm nothin'
I'm nothin'
Somebody somewhere might be something
But everybody everywhere

Knows that I'm nothin
Politics and dirty tricks
I got no time for stones and sticks
Politics and dirty tricks

I got no time I'm chasing chicks
I'm nothin'
I'm nothin'
Somebody somewhere might be something

But everybody everywhere
Knows that I'm nothing
I'm nothing but I'm not proud
'Cause being nothing it's not allowed

Are you a gay or are you straight
Do you believe in love
Or do you believe in hate
I'm nothin'

I'm nothin'
Somebody somewhere said he was something
But to everybody everywhere
I'm saying I'm nothing

I'm nothing. I'm like a cloud
I'm free to be alone in a crowd
What's your reality. It's not real to me
What's your anomaly. It is my destiny

I-M-N-O-T-H-I-N
I-M-N-O-T-H-I-N

I'm nothin'
Nothin'
Nothin'

I'm nothing now and I'll be nothing when
This nothing world has it's nothing end

DevilsAdvocate
12-14-2014, 03:46 PM
A big reason why a lot of kids are attracted to conservative leaning ideas is because they are sitting there every day in a government school, and are painfully aware of how horrible it is.

Honors students 3 levels ahead in math being forced to take classes with English learners. Feminazi English teachers. Subjective grading system that makes no sense. Ridiculous school rules that border on the absurd, and are unfairly enforced.

These were all the things that bothered me. Although after Ron Paul dropped out I supported Obama (peer pressure and naivete), I came out of that prison complex with a major chip on my shoulder.

William Tell
12-14-2014, 03:47 PM
So what are ancaps on the conservative/progressive scale?;)

Going off those questions in the photo above, ancaps would be in solid Conservative territory.

12-14-2014, 06:56 PM
These white kids see every day the results of failed affirmative action and failed economic policy. In most cases they are the victims of both. So of course they grow up to be more conservative.

James Madison
12-14-2014, 08:06 PM
All the more reason to let half of central america into the country.