PDA

View Full Version : NYC Protesters: What do we want? DEAD COPS!!! When do we want it? NOW!!!

presence
12-14-2014, 01:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dj4ARsxrZh8

moostraks
12-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Natives are getting restless? Seems pretty loud and clear for the distance from the camera. Could be the effect from wall to wall buildings I suppose making a sound amplifier. Idk...

Anti Federalist
12-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Meh...

presence
12-14-2014, 01:53 PM
NYC Protesters Chant: 'What Do We Want? Dead Cops!' (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/12/13/Al-Sharpton-Leads-Thousands-in-Saturday-March-on-Washington-DC)Breitbart News‎ - 14 hours ago
Protestors in New York chanted violent, anti-cop slogans in support of Eric Garner

Fox News deceptively edits Al Sharpton's anti-violence speech to include chant for 'dead cops' (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/fox-news-falsely-edits-al-sharpton-anti-violence-speech-to-include-chant-for-dead-cops/)Raw Story‎ - 4 hours ago

Two NYPD cops assaulted as Manhattan protests turn ugly (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-marchers-call-daniel-pantaleo-fired-nypd-article-1.2044465)New York Daily News‎ - 19 hours ago

donnay
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
That wasn't from last night, I don't believe. They had live streams going and I sat up and watch most of it. The women filming it her name was Leslie and the other one was Linda. They followed the protest all the way from Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge to my old neighborhood where I grew up. The entire protest was peaceful. They had all races walking together in solidarity over the brutality of the police. The police presence was very heavy as well.

They were chanting, "What do you want" "Justice" "When do you want it?" "Now"

SeanTX
12-14-2014, 02:15 PM
And it was probably agent provocateur cops in the crowd who started the chant -- a great way to discredit the protest and stir up some "poor little us" sympathy for the police.

moostraks
12-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Fox News deceptively edits Al Sharpton's anti-violence speech to include chant for 'dead cops' (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/fox-news-falsely-edits-al-sharpton-anti-violence-speech-to-include-chant-for-dead-cops/)Raw Story‎ - 4 hours ago

Nice job FOX with your propaganda! Each clip in the video is designated with an overlay describing city in the video clip EXCEPT the one where they are trying to falsely tie the dead cops video to the Sharpton speech. And they subtly imply it within the discussion as being one and the same as the speech location.

moostraks
12-14-2014, 02:20 PM
That wasn't from last night, I don't believe. They had live streams going and I sat up and watch most of it. The women filming it her name was Leslie and the other one was Linda. They followed the protest all the way from Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge to my old neighborhood where I grew up. The entire protest was peaceful. They had all races walking together in solidarity over the brutality of the police. The police presence was very heavy as well.

They were chanting, "What do you want" "Justice" "When do you want it?" "Now" I am skeptical as well...

donnay
12-14-2014, 02:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZaIm-y8CI

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 02:41 PM
And it was probably agent provocateur cops in the crowd who started the chant -- a great way to discredit the protest and stir up some "poor little us" sympathy for the police.

Good point. Even without watching the video or thinking about this, my reaction was not SYMPATHY for the cops. My reaction was "OK, it wouldn't really be right to go that far and its going to make us look bad to"...

THX 1138
12-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Not all cops are bad people. Just saying.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-14-2014, 07:19 PM

Criticizing Al Sharpton is so easy, why do they feel the need to lie? Also, why do these movements always get Sharpton to support them? He has the anti-Midas touch, everything he puts his slimy fingers on gets discredited and turns to shit. I'm sympathetic to Garner supporters and anti-police feelings, but I want nothing to do with Sharpton and the establishment "civil rights leaders". The civil rights establishment are a bunch of slithering con artists and I'm suspicious of any movement that allies itself with them.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-14-2014, 07:22 PM
The police are institutionally corrupt. There are good cops, but that doesn't change the nature of the institution they serve. "Good cops" are at best a shield for police brutality and the overreach of police authority in daily life.

navy-vet
12-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately, it appears to me that the good guys have been dwindling in number during the past couple of decades while the ranks of the asshats have been swelling.

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 08:38 PM

I agree in a sense. I think there are some well-intentioned cops who try to do the best job they can, are otherwise great people, and don't realize they are involved in a criminal enterprise.

Biblical ethics would suggest that this lack of knowledge would mitigate their guilt, but not abolish it.

That's enough for me to say (as I said) "you know, that isn't really right". Its not enough for me to start freaking out out of sympathy for the police. Doubly so when there are plenty of cops who are not well-intentioned and who will try to get everything they can out of the monopoly on force.

presence
12-14-2014, 09:09 PM
NYC Protesters:

lol at mod edit

old title had better clickability

THX 1138
12-15-2014, 09:00 PM
I agree in a sense. I think there are some well-intentioned cops who try to do the best job they can, are otherwise great people, and don't realize they are involved in a criminal enterprise.

Biblical ethics would suggest that this lack of knowledge would mitigate their guilt, but not abolish it.

That's enough for me to say (as I said) "you know, that isn't really right". Its not enough for me to start freaking out out of sympathy for the police. Doubly so when there are plenty of cops who are not well-intentioned and who will try to get everything they can out of the monopoly on force.

I think you make some good points, and I do respect what you're saying.

I would only add that, in my own view, some of the mobs protesting the deaths of Eric Garner and (esp.) Michael Brown - well, from what I see on the news, some (not all, but some) of those people are engaging in criminal behavior as well. And I don't think they have any more moral authority than the cops do.

thoughtomator
12-15-2014, 09:05 PM

Nor were all Nazis... right?

PaulConventionWV
12-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Natives are getting restless? Seems pretty loud and clear for the distance from the camera. Could be the effect from wall to wall buildings I suppose making a sound amplifier. Idk...

It was a healthy chant, as opposed to a weak, "Do I hear what I think I hear?" chant.

I think we all know nothing's going to happen... yet.

PaulConventionWV
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM

They were chanting, "What do you want" "Justice" "When do you want it?" "Now"

Nah, they were chanting "dead cops." And you know what? I don't blame them.

dannno
12-15-2014, 09:48 PM

Relatively speaking, maybe... but a good person doesn't kidnap non-violent innocent people and a cop who didn't would probably get fired.

phill4paul
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Stick and stones will break your bones and words will never harm theme.

phill4paul
12-15-2014, 09:53 PM

Yes. They are. They lie, steal and kill. And those that do not are "accessories" because they remain silent. In a free society good people do not lie, steal, kill or remain silent when others do. Therefore, cops are bad people.

enhanced_deficit
12-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Growing number of our police force are Iraq/Afghan wars returning vets, this is so insulting and not supporting those veterans / cops.

Mani
12-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Fake Kill Cops chant:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/fox-station-caught-faking-kill-a-cop-chant--xko9vNAsKe

In footage from the march aired on C-Span, a protester can be heard leading a chant - which the crowd repeats - “We won’t stop, we can’t stop, until killers cops are in cell blocks”.

Became:

However, when this footage was featured on WBFF, or Fox45, a Baltimore-based affiliate of Fox News, the report cut away too quickly, with the reporter stating the chant had been “We won’t stop, we can’t stop, so kill a cop [our emphasis]”.

Then busted by the women chanting:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/image/15360-icnshz.PNG

So Fox is showing people chanting to kill cops (which they weren't)...2 cops end up dead not long after with some psycho's rambling post about killing cops for Garner and Brown.

So all this cop hate is leaving cops dead....All the protesting and chanting for justice is just creating violence and innocent brave heroes are being killed. What a shame.

Is the narrative the Faux media is playing working out?

I'm not saying the media setup some psycho to kill 2 cops, but damn isn't it convenient they show all these angry people, make fake chants about them wanting cops dead, and 2 cops end up dead....And now the NYPD is screaming bloody murder and all the blood is on the hands of anyone who did not support the NYPD 100%. Anyone who made a negative comment about cops is now guilty of getting these 2 cops killed. Again I'm not saying some ominous gov't body decided to wack off 2 cops, but damn they sure got the story they wanted. Cops are now the victims again. Their lives are at risk and talking badly about a cop can get a cop killed.

navy-vet
12-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Fake Kill Cops chant:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/fox-station-caught-faking-kill-a-cop-chant--xko9vNAsKe

In footage from the march aired on C-Span, a protester can be heard leading a chant - which the crowd repeats - “We won’t stop, we can’t stop, until killers cops are in cell blocks”.

Became:

However, when this footage was featured on WBFF, or Fox45, a Baltimore-based affiliate of Fox News, the report cut away too quickly, with the reporter stating the chant had been “We won’t stop, we can’t stop, so kill a cop [our emphasis]”.

Then busted by the women chanting:

http://i100.independent.co.uk/image/15360-icnshz.PNG

So Fox is showing people chanting to kill cops (which they weren't)...2 cops end up dead not long after with some psycho's rambling post about killing cops for Garner and Brown.

So all this cop hate is leaving cops dead....All the protesting and chanting for justice is just creating violence and innocent brave heroes are being killed. What a shame.

Is the narrative the Faux media is playing working out?

I'm not saying the media setup some psycho to kill 2 cops, but damn isn't it convenient they show all these angry people, make fake chants about them wanting cops dead, and 2 cops end up dead....And now the NYPD is screaming bloody murder and all the blood is on the hands of anyone who did not support the NYPD 100%. Anyone who made a negative comment about cops is now guilty of getting these 2 cops killed. Again I'm not saying some ominous gov't body decided to wack off 2 cops, but damn they sure got the story they wanted. Cops are now the victims again. Their lives are at risk and talking badly about a cop can get a cop killed.
I saw a clip where Charlie Rangel was arguing with some female on CNN saying that it was a lie and she showed him footage that CNN had obtained and the crowd was clearly chanting the dead cop thing....just saying. Not to defend Fox, but it's best if the truth is told IMO. I will get the link for ya through my internet history...

navy-vet
12-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Here it is:
http://twitchy.com/2014/12/22/really-remarkable-charles-rangel-schooled-after-insisting-dead-cops-chants-never-happened-video/

"New York Rep. Charles Rangel was on CNN this morning being interviewed by Ashleigh Banfield. During the otherwise fairly agreeable interview, Rangel insisted that protest chants calling for “dead cops” never happened, and he was shown proof otherwise:" - comment

phill4paul
12-23-2014, 10:38 AM
I saw a clip where Charlie Rangel was arguing with some female on CNN saying that it was a lie and she showed him footage that CNN had obtained and the crowd was clearly chanting the dead cop thing....just saying. Not to defend Fox, but it's best if the truth is told IMO. I will get the link for ya through my internet history...

Don't bother....

WBFF (Fox45) apologized Monday night online and on-air for misleadingly editing and airing a video Sunday of a protest march in Washington to make it seem as if protesters were chanting “kill a cop.”

What the marchers were actually chanting in response to the lead of a Baltimore woman, Tawanda Jones, was “We won’t stop. We can’t stop ‘til killer cops are in cell blocks.”

That’s a very different meaning and representation of what Jones and the marchers were saying.

Jones appeared on the 5:30 p.m. Fox45 news, where anchorman Jeff Barnd apologized to her on behalf of the station.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-wbff-apologizes-misleading-edit-videotape-of-protest-chant-20141222-story.html