PDA

View Full Version : Civil Rights Suit Filed Against Police Caught On Video Beating Two Men ‘For No Reason At All’

libertyjam
12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Civil Rights Suit Filed Against Police Caught On Video Beating Two Men ‘For No Reason At All’

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/12/civil-rights-suit-filed-against-police-caught-on-video-beating-two-men-for-no-reason-at-all/

Two brothers that said that they were beaten for absolutely no reason at all by Tukwila police officers are now taking the police to court, alleging that their civil rights were violated. Tukwila is a suburban city in King County, Washington; the northern edge of Tukwila borders Seattle.

The confrontation was recorded last May on a patrol car dashcam video. The video clearly shows the brothers, Charles Chappelle and Jahmez Amili being beaten for what does in fact seem to be no reason.

“I was thrown to the ground,” Chappelle recalls.

“I didn’t have any idea what was going on. I was, like, I can’t believe he just started punching me,” Amili said.

In addition to being severely beaten, the two were maced and denied medical treatment.

Watch the local video report below…

Shortly after two Tukwila police officers violently forced the brothers to the ground, more police swarmed them.

“Once I was on the ground, I was pinned on the ground by several people, people’s hands and knees were on my hands and back and I was getting hit continually in the face,” Chappelle recalled.

Officers claim that the two looked like they “fit the description” of people at a fight in a nearby mall.

Police claim that they were forced to use violence against the brothers, because they were “resisting”

“I had my hands raised in the air, I was complying with the officer’s demands,” Chappelle contradicted.

The dash cam clearly shows him with his hands up and going to the ground on his own.

“I was just trying to make sure I stay alive, ’cause I was really, like, feeling like I was about to die ’cause I couldn’t breathe at all,” Amili recalled.
The report claims they were taken to the Highline Hospital, but despite what it says in the police report, the brothers say that this is a complete lie.
“Basically, like, I was kidnapped. Just ’cause you’re the police, I don’t think you should be able to drive around with people for five hours and beat them to death because you’ve got power,” Amili told local reporters.

The two were told that the case is under review after they filed an official complaint.
Throughout the investigation, police refused to respond to any questions about the case citing that it is “under investigation.”
The Tukwila investigation eventually ruled that excessive force charges are unfounded.

The brothers claimed officers used excessive force, sprayed water into their forced opened eyes, failed to provide medical aid and drove them around for five hours unnecessarily.
The police department was asked to comment; but at the time of the news stories, we felt it necessary to fully investigate before doing so. Providing information, which may be incomplete or inaccurate does not serve the interest of the public, or foster public trust…
The department investigation is now complete. Unfortunately despite multiple requests, the brothers chose not to participate. Evidently the brothers are contemplating a lawsuit against the department…
After a thorough investigation, all allegations of police misconduct were determined to be unfounded.
But this Fall, the two filed a complaint in the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit court (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/circuit-courts/ca9/14-35663), alleging that officers violated their civil rights.
The brothers say that they will not let this issue rest, and that they “just want justice.”

(Article by Moreh B.D.K. with additional reporting by Barney Cox)

JK/SEA
12-14-2014, 11:59 AM
''feeling like I was about to die ’cause I couldn’t breathe at all,” Amili recalled.''

can't breathe...

..breathing is over-rated...

Intoxiklown
12-14-2014, 07:17 PM
''feeling like I was about to die ’cause I couldn’t breathe at all,” Amili recalled.''

can't breathe...

..breathing is over-rated...

I am amazed at some of the videos with that. How someone can lay calmly while someone else is suffocating them. Lack of oxygen (suffocating, drowning) will absolutely ignite my fight or flight cells. If someone tried to choke me, they'd swear they grabbed a hold of some strange land dwelling piranha that traveled in an odd shaped school of fish that only only be described as hatred shaped like a man.

BV2
12-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Plebs dont need breath. Indeed, by act of breathing they diminish the amount of oxygen available in the area, and thereby put the officers lives in danger.