PDA

View Full Version : I am considering a website for liberty activists

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2014, 05:25 AM
It will be many things to attract many audiences, but the heart of it is an intellectual toolbox developed to counter and combat all the tropes that anti-liberty uses against liberty. Such immediate utility as a database of hot-linkable memes that activists can publish when tropes are deployed against them. Such longer term utility as a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge experience and weaponry to use in the fight to restore and preserve liberty to men.

One of the immediate usefulness for a liberty anti-trope repository will be Rand Paul 2016, where one of our goals will be to flood the market with "liberty anti-trope material" in an effort to end the appeal to idiocy before it even starts. This will be absolutely critical to any Primary effort, I think. It is mostly Republicans who are actually afraid of Republican liberty.

Dufus advocates for regulatory preference in religion. You tell him government has no business in religion at all. Visceral argument goes Gnarf! whaddyawant (to encourage) a moosie (?) near you? or somesuch

[image] US warrior stomping in a foreign door with the caption: "Yeah I know man, I really do wonder why they hate us so much?"

GNAAAARF! Rite man keep that sht over THERE in muzzieland! Fight the terrists overe there so's we dun hafta fightem heah

lol no, that's just how they decided to import it. [image] US police stomping in a domestic door with the caption: "Two dead, nothing criminal found, just another day at the office." [image] cop fistbang

Enlist the assistance of liberty movement luminaries in hunting down actual tropes in the real world and cataloguing them, like an anthropologist going out to catalogue species. Among other attractions to the site, index these such that ""if you believe in liberty, then these are the common weapons they will use against you. Here therefore is the information that will destroy that attempt. Here are hot-linkable memes and embeddable videos to counter such a tactic. Here is a brief overview of the world-view that causes them to use this trope against you, and here is a brief layout of the means to logically destroy the argument within his worldview, as well as a reference to another section on the logic to destroy his actual worldview itself. Here is an in-depth, multi-sourced and peer reviewed article discussing the subject at length.

Once you get a structure laid out and basically crystallizing, open it up to community collaboration like wiki, but also take care both limit and peer-review and 'score' the liberty-quality on a contribution basis for corrective action in the event of topic-drift.

Antitropic memes, antitropic arguments, and data and references, along with periodic articles from a handful of writers.

Make it really easy for everyone to kill the tropes, and it will give all of our political candidates a tailwind, or at least it will kill a pretty bad headwind, which I can tell you would be enough to help a lot to get our message elected. All of us as a philosophy get troped harder than anybody because we are aliens. Us running for office the most. So I'm thinking a massive multirole trope destroying database, where anyone who wants to go out and fight for liberty can come find all the weapons and equipment they need. Indexed, and sorted by order, topic, impact, or politeness.

I think if we give every liberty warrior in the world, all the intellectual tools they could ever seek to "go forth and defend liberty" that will ultimately have a profound impact on the general public acceptableness of the argument for liberty. When a liberty-inspired candidate runs, their enemies will find the ground wholly eroded out from under them by a movement of which they were completely unaware...

Basically an Alexander's library of pro-liberty argument fundamentals material and references.

In addition, there would be a series of luminaries writing periodic articles, with both select and public commentaries. Select commentaries functioning as peer review.

I hope I'm not getting too far down into the weeds, but I have an idea for a project that is a website, that could help our candidates across America, including Rand Paul. Although that website would by gravity eventually become a "wiki-like" community I do not want it to be competition with RPF's, I would rather hope more in the way of a collaboration and most preferably sich so that if this project got a ton of traffic RPF's would get more also.

The point of the site being to provide a indexed and databased library of material for a liberty warrior to easily win every argument they encounter, intellectual or otherwise. Because of the nature of our philosophy, this is not something that our enemies could easily use against us, and even if they anticipate our arguments the wiki can get updated and expanded and offer a dozen arguments to pick from.

Cap
12-14-2014, 06:21 AM
In before the Collinz stink-bomb.

Ronin Truth
12-14-2014, 07:29 AM
FWIW.......

"It's much easier to turn an activist into a libertarian, than it is to turn a libertarian into an activist."

GunnyFreedom
12-14-2014, 08:20 AM
flying to FL in a few minutes for erk, to be continued.

Natural Citizen
12-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Maybe talk to Bryan and see if you can just have a blog section here on the board. It's not like you haven't been vetted.

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
flying to FL in a few minutes for erk, to be continued.

Don't erk too hard.:p

Maybe talk to Bryan and see if you can just have a blog section here on the board. It's not like you haven't been vetted.

Great idea. Or maybe a sub forum that Gunny could mod if he's looking for input - can you comment on blogs?:confused:

Natural Citizen
12-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Or maybe a sub forum that Gunny could mod if he's looking for input - can you comment on blogs?:confused:

Something like that, I wouldn't allow comments. If it were me. Which its not.

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Something like that, I wouldn't allow comments. If it were me. Which its not.

Gunny
Enlist the assistance of liberty movement luminaries in hunting down actual tropes in the real world and cataloguing them, like an anthropologist going out to catalogue species. Among other attractions to the site, index these such that ""if you believe in liberty, then these are the common weapons they will use against you. Here therefore is the information that will destroy that attempt. Here are hot-linkable memes and embeddable videos to counter such a tactic. Here is a brief overview of the world-view that causes them to use this trope against you, and here is a brief layout of the means to logically destroy the argument within his worldview, as well as a reference to another section on the logic to destroy his actual worldview itself. Here is an in-depth, multi-sourced and peer reviewed article discussing the subject at length.

That's a lot of work for one man, he needs "liberty movement luminaries" to help him.:) I was thinking if he's the mod, he could delete comments he didn't find useful to keep the threads on topic and relevant.

Natural Citizen
12-14-2014, 09:04 AM
That's a lot of work for one man, he needs "liberty movement luminaries" to help him.:) I was thinking if he's the mod, he could delete comments he didn't find useful to keep the threads on topic and relevant.

Yeah, I suppose. I was just thinking out loud, I guess. You know what annoys the ever living crap out of me, Suzanimal? I'll tell you. Whenever we have a good informative thread going and some person comes along and loads it full of shock memes and videos about things that he finds relevant and then half the time all it does is degrade and bury the material being discussed in the correct terms of controversy. And lots of times you can almost consider them extreme. I don't know what some folks value in adding shock and awe to good discussion threads and subject matter but it ruins the whole thing. And so that is what makes me second guess commenting on a blog section that actually has a purpose.

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I suppose. I was just thinking out loud, I guess. You know what annoys the ever living shit out of me, Suzanimal? I'll tell you. Whenever we have a good informative thread going and some asshole comes along and loads it full of memes and videos about things that he finds relevant and then half the time all it does is degrade and bury the material being discussed in the correct terms of controversy. And so that is what makes me second guess commenting on a blog section that actually has a purpose.

:o

Got a point there.:)

resisted urge to insert meme

ClydeCoulter
12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
It needs to be more than just a forum. Other programing tools would be needed as well as as human interfaces to data, calendars, web sites to target, social sites...etc...

But, perhaps Bryan would host an offshoot?

donnay
12-14-2014, 10:52 AM
erking in Florida...is that legal? :D

Barrex
12-14-2014, 12:58 PM
You thief... sort of... well... I thought and suggested that this place should be like that-One Stop Shop for libertarian activists.

Yea...and not just Gunny. Anyone who is vetted should be able to request sub-forum to activate his own activist activity actively...good WOODY sort of word.

Anyone remembers "http://revolutionbox.org/"? They are gone. I can remember few others. If possible it is better to build on RPF that split and start from nothing.

Good luck. Looking forward to see your work.

TaftFan
12-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Perhaps you would have a drop down list of issues. You would then click on a specific issue and see what memes, videos, and writings are in support of that position.

On the front page maybe you have the "hottest items" that are being clicked on.

Deborah K
12-14-2014, 05:04 PM

Is that anything like twerking?

Indy Vidual
12-14-2014, 05:05 PM
We need liberty sites with non-reptilian admins. :)

idiom
12-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Whatever we do, we need to start gearing up this site and our activities.

Time to show what a properly de-centralized co-ordination system can really do.

We have soooo much experience collectively. Lets put it to some use.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2014, 05:51 AM
This Florida job went a little haywire but I got it under control. That means I won't be able to do much else on this thread until I am back home at 9pm ish tonight.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Perhaps you would have a drop down list of issues. You would then click on a specific issue and see what memes, videos, and writings are in support of that position.

On the front page maybe you have the "hottest items" that are being clicked on.

I actually have a pretty solid way to organize the data to make it easier to find. Stack the data in 3D space, y axis for topics, x axis for subtopics, z axis for 'depth' ie at the top are memes go 'down' four levels and you get a highly academic treatment of the same topic as the meme.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2014, 05:56 AM
LMAO Lord alone knows what is and isn't legal in this absurd state.

Ronin Truth
12-16-2014, 02:14 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=erking+meaning&hl=en&gbv=2&oq=&gs_l=

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2014, 05:19 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=erking+meaning&hl=en&gbv=2&oq=&gs_l=

It's a disparaging onomatopoeia for "work"

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Florida was funny, people in parkas at 60 degrees... :D

So, with some easy way to navigate up down left right shallow deep, and then visualize it in the way of "served includes" that behave like a separate window. now you can lay out topics, subtopics, and level of depth, and they should be easy for anybody to navigate to, which will especially help when someone doesn't quite know exactly what to search for.

I could see someone who heard an argument they think sounds right but they are unsure so they look it up, come into the site and mid-level depth, sink down to the bottom and become convinced, and then float up to the top and start sharing memes.

Through tagging, you could interrelate the subtopics in each category, in order to preserve context when travelling along the Z axis. IE you can browse from Abuse of Authority to Excess Taxation to Regulatory Capture to Legislative Corruption to Executive Power, and the information will switch to the new topic while retaining the same general context. If you are looking at the subtopic "police abuse" and browsing 'chases' and then flip to excess taxation, we would (if possible) link to a place where there is a police chase for tax dodgers or whatever. This way you artificially contiguate the X axis along multiple major categories.

It really is less complicated than it sounds, and I think the end result will be a much easier way to find something when you don't quite know that to put in a search box.

And indeed, to really make it easier to find the "unknown" if the inter relational DB is done right you could let the user to pick any three of a dozen or so sort-order metrics for the X Y and Z axes, organize it how they make sense to them, and then browse out what they are looking for.

limequat
12-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Whatever we do, we need to start gearing up this site and our activities.

Time to show what a properly de-centralized co-ordination system can really do.

We have soooo much experience collectively. Lets put it to some use.

The libertarian paradox. The individual abhors the collective, but is powerless to defend himself without it.