PDA

View Full Version : Poor Cop. We make him sad.

amy31416
12-13-2014, 11:25 PM
http://www.rightwisconsin.com/dailytakes/Wisconsin-Cop-Today-I-Stopped-Caring-285205331.html

A post from DeForest, Wisconsin police Lt. Daniel Furseth has gone viral in recent days appearing on various police and law enforcement blogs and social media pages. Furseth channels the frustration of police officers who work day in and day out to protect and serve even as many use hyperbole to mischaracterize their actions and motives.

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid.” I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue.” I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “Its just part of the job.” I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government.” We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted badge-wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys.” We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?”

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

Very, very little criticism in the comments.

JK/SEA
12-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Very, very little criticism in the comments.

my guess as to the lack of criticism is because they use Facebook, and you have to show your real name. Anyone with any sense would stay away for fear of being 'looked' up, found, and given bootlicking lessons...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again take it out one some schmuck I pull over.

Nice to see people taking the offensive and putting lice on the defensive. Running like cockroaches in the spotlight.

RonPaulIsGreat
12-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Wow, did anyone take him down from the cross yet, he may need a breather.

Suzanimal
12-13-2014, 11:36 PM
my guess as to the lack of criticism is because they use Facebook, and you have to show your real name. Anyone with any sense would stay away for fear of being 'looked' up, found, and given bootlicking lessons...

I don't use my real name.:)

But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

FFS, if your job sucks so bad, quit.

PaulConventionWV
12-13-2014, 11:37 PM
He stopped caring, and yet, somehow, he still finds the strength to carry on doing it. Unbelievable. If you don't care anymore, then maybe you shouldn't be a cop.

green73
12-13-2014, 11:41 PM
First impression. It's kind of funny that when I click on the the link the page appears perfectly until some script determines I don't run javascript. Then it disappears. Almost as a punishment...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2014, 11:51 PM
A post from DeForest, Wisconsin police Lt. Daniel Furseth...

DeForest Wisconsin. Population 9,000.

He probably needs a break from Aunt Bee, Gomer, and Ernest T. Bass.

Suzanimal
12-13-2014, 11:53 PM
DeForest Wisconsin. Population 9,000.

He probably needs a break from Aunt Bee, Gomer, and Ernest T. Bass.

Yeah, and he's sick and tired of locking up Otis.

acptulsa
12-14-2014, 12:07 AM
This, in turn, helped propagate an epidemic of institutional self-pity within law enforcement, and Lt. Daniel Furseth of Wisconsin’s DeForest PD came down with a particularly severe case.

“Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man,” begins Furseth’s October 14 essay in American Police Beat Magazine. “I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.”

Furseth, like Lynch, is disillusioned not because of what their profession has become, but because of how it is perceived by an ungrateful public that is proving itself unworthy of their sanctified overseers. Furseth also seems deaf to the implications of his own overwrought, self-fixated rhetoric: If he stopped “caring” about the people he “serves,” shouldn’t he resign? Or is he admitting to being a state-licensed sociopath with permission to inflict violence on a public he now views with unfiltered scorn and unalloyed resentment?

“I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or `the police will take you away,’ embedding a fear from year one,” complains Furseth, offering a variation on Lynch’s complaint that even people who respect the police understand that they are agents of violence. He likewise condemns those who quite correctly describe the police as “just another tool used by government to generate `revenue.’”

In offering that particular complaint, Furseth reveals himself to be either incurably disingenuous, or a stranger to the concept of irony.

DeForest, Wisconsin is a town of about 9,000 people located not far from Madison, the state capital. It is roughly 91 percent white and has a crime rate less than one-third the national average – and a violent crime rate so low it doesn’t make the needle twitch. Revenue collection through traffic enforcement and OWI (Operating While Intoxicated) “saturation patrols” are the chief functions of that police department.

Furseth proudly describes himself as the creator of the Capital Area OWI Task Force, which regularly conducts patrols for the purpose of “pulling over drivers as often as possible in a friendly show of force,” in the oxymoron-infused language of a local news account.

The DeForest PD’s 2013 Annual Report smugly observes: “One individual stated the following on a social media site: `Dude, I refuse to drive into DeFo with anything remotely illegal in my car, it seems like there’s a cop on every street.’”

That’s a sensible precaution, given that the “friendly” people responsible for that state of affairs are not only doing everything possible to wring revenue from visitors, but are also obsessively monitoring social media.

“We represent a `Police State’ where `Jackbooted badge-wearing thugs’ randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights,” laments Furseth. “We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one….”

(Yes, yes you do. That is why there are no such things as "good cops". - AF)

Notably absent from his jeremiad is any acknowledgement, however qualified or tentative, that the perception he laments could possibly be justified. If he possesses so much as a particle of principled concern for the rights of innocent people, Furseth will reach beyond his privileged peer group and offer support to a local family who suffered horribly “without cause or concern for constitutional rights” in a 3:00 a.m. no-knock SWAT assault...

By doing so, however, Furseth would acknowledge that decent people have abundant reason to look upon the police with fear and suspicion – and this is a concession he probably cannot bring himself to make.

amy31416
12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Oops. Merge or delete.

I don't bother with search any more in the rare cases that I start a thread--it just doesn't work for me.

green73
12-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Oops. Merge or delete.

I don't bother with search any more in the rare cases that I start a thread--it just doesn't work for me.

Huh? Got a link?

amy31416
12-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Huh? Got a link?

Search is in the upper right corner. I think that Acptulsa was saying that I posted something that AF already had--I don't have a link, not gonna try either. This site's search function has rarely worked for me.

Occam's Banana
12-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Huh? Got a link?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?461863-Either-Praise-the-Police-or-Shut-Up

When something is quoted, you can go to the source of the quote by clicking the little blue icon at the end of the "Originally posted by so-and-so" line.

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 12:35 AM
The Banana beat me!:mad:

:p

Huh? Got a link?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?461863-Either-Praise-the-Police-or-Shut-Up&p=5680938#post5680938

amy31416
12-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the links, folks! Search just aggravates me on this site--one of the reasons I rarely start threads.

green73
12-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Search is in the upper right corner. I think that Acptulsa was saying that I posted something that AF already had--I don't have a link, not gonna try either. This site's search function has rarely worked for me.

Ah, ok. Fwiw, I've found that searching for the important names of the story is the best way to go with the inept search system. :)

Occam's Banana
12-14-2014, 12:39 AM

:p:p:cool:

amy31416
Ah, ok. Fwiw, I've found that searching for the important names of the story is the best way to go with the inept search system. :)

Yeah, probably right. But hey, maybe a few more people saw this, so I don't feel too much like a lowlife. :p

green73
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?461863-Either-Praise-the-Police-or-Shut-Up

When something is quoted, you can go to the source of the quote by clicking the little blue icon at the end of the "Originally posted by so-and-so" line.

Did i miss something? lol

amy31416

Stop beating Suz, you animal.

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 12:41 AM

Alright, smartypants.:p

http://i.imgur.com/GKWCkbd.png

Occam's Banana
12-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Stop beating Suz, you animal.

She started it! And see? Now she's making threats ...

Alright, smartypants.:p

http://i.imgur.com/GKWCkbd.png

Me and my bunch were gonna get 'er, before we got distracted by "peanut butter jelly time" ... but some day! ..

green73
12-14-2014, 12:50 AM
lol

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 12:55 AM
She started it! And see? Now she's making threats ...

Me and my bunch were gonna get 'er, before we got distracted by "peanut butter jelly time" ... but some day! ..

Nevaaaa!!!!

My flying monkeys will take out your whole bunch.

http://i.imgur.com/HGYPsCg.gif

kcchiefs6465
12-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man.
Your 'fellow man' would be put in a penitentiary, or at least a county cage for operating once as you do day in and day out. Specifically I am referring to the crimes which you perpetrate, abdicating responsibility by offering the tired cliche of a simple "just following orders." When the people become enlightened, if they become enlightened, your kind will be seen as simple barbarians, most of whose families will not even attempt to claim. Your "honor" and "patronage" will be bestowed in a trunk in the attic. Your symbols and rhetoric the same.

I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve.
Having not the particulars of who you are, or even caring about them, to be honest, I truly doubt your community, that is, where you live, is the same community as the one you supposedly serve. And still you offer another tired cliche in that you ever serve much of anyone. You certainly serve yourself, accepting monies for 'work' that a considerable portion of the citizens you ostensibly serve do not need, ticketing those who truly will go without a meal to avoid a license suspension or worse, impounding vehicles of those who are attempting to get a leg up, and imprisoning people for 'crimes' that affect no one's liberty.

But perhaps you are unaware of the paranoia and fear that travels the veins as the average motorist sees you waiting, camouflaged as best you can, waiting to ticket someone at the slightest provocation? Perhaps that is because you are a police officer and haven't much had to worry about traffic laws since?

I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.
The profession was never noble though that particular line of propaganda runs thick. In truth the origins of your foundation are closer aligned to the Pinkerton's, knocking heads when needed as well as the "paddy rollers" going on slave patrols. Your apparent epiphany that anyone with sense about them would want nothing to do with you notwithstanding, you still have some way to go. It appears to me you are mostly wanted. It appears to me that the people themselves have gobbled up this propagandist drivel, hook, line, and sinker, and that they much appreciate your "service" (though you stop them for trivial reasons every now and again to proverbially, if not realistically, put a gun to their head to demand payment for X, Y, or Z).

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law.
You know, this is often true. It certainly doesn't lessen the fear that you routinely imprison people for crimes for which there is no victim.

I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year one.
You know, I doubt this is true in any significant sense, but regardless, it doesn't lessen the fear that you routinely imprison people for crimes for which there is no victim.

Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.
You know, I doubt this is true in any significant sense, but regardless, it doesn't lessen the fear that you routinely imprison people for crimes for which there is no victim.

You certainly remind others of the evil which lurks in the world though, and that is why they rightly avoid you.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid.”
What a shame this is, truly.

I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.
Let's be perfectly frank, you hide, and snake about, behind brush, signs, and off ramps, to pull people over for the most trivial of reasons. You then use said fabricated or trivial reasons to attempt to initiate a search of the vehicle for narcotics or other 'contraband.' You set up check points and waste hours of a collectivized people's time. You violate rights quite routinely and imprison people for no crime whatsoever.

I can say with a certainty, absent any special clairvoyance, you've never saved anyone's life.

So the mother you pulled over and ticketed might have went without meat for a few meals so her children are spared the hardship because you ticketed her for some inane reason--license plate bulb, a cracked windshield--you are as noble as they ever were.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue.”
Yes, you are.

I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs.
To be clear, what you are describing here is an armed robbery. Most any other, carrying a gun and taking people's drugs, they might be given a decade. I ask you, what makes you so special as to avoid legal repercussion? Is it the profession you chose, or the orders you follow?

We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.
Self defense is self defense is self defense but you might stumble upon why some are skeptical with regards to your collective's often malfunctioning audio and video tape narrative. And regardless, even when it's quite clear a police officer murders someone on camera, they are not even indicted much less tried and convicted. And certainly you've never raised a voice about the routine maiming or murdering of civilians. Are you ready now, in all your recent publicity, to condemn the actions of the Habersham County SRT raid and subsequent disfigurement of Bounkham Phonesavanh? Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?”
This is just ridiculous. It certainly follows the script with regards to fallaciousness.

And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “Its just part of the job.”
They are always reported in the mainstream media. It is hard to miss a couple thousand police officers showing out for a funeral, shutting down traffic. But when a car thief steals a person's car, and claims methamphetamine was inside of the vehicle leading to the subsequent gunning down of the homeowner? Not much of a peep. I don't doubt the widow paid for that funeral.

I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government.” We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.
Well, perhaps you should stop then. There is honest employment available.

We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted badge-wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights.
Indeed.

We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire.
This is really appearing as if you have no argument.

So you are saying that people must be taken from for your employment, and that because you are not the type to shoot a woman holding a baby in the head, but are the type to change a tire for an old (I love how you added that adjective, by the way) lady, that your employment now becomes justified?

Or what exactly is it, that ostensibly makes your employment any less immoral, do you know?

Frankly I don't think you do.

I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.
Well, true, to a point. And of those who truly want nothing to do with you? Might they be left alone with their wallets intact?

No, of course not.

If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” are not nearly as clever.
You are inept, incompetent, and often do cover things up. What is it, 84% of officers have witnessed officers use more force than necessary to effect an arrest? I honestly could go into far more detail, but this is running on and quite frankly, your arguments are based in sheer sophistry.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys.”
"Oath of Honor," or Oath to the Constitution?

This 99% nonsense is getting rather old, too. You want people to respect you, why not speak out on the horrible travesty that occurred in Georgia? As it stands I have not seen a SINGLE officer decry that instance. Why not speak of the child lit on fire and then shot in the neck in Detroit? As it stands, I have not seen a SINGLE officer decry that instance. You might gain some credibility when you step outside of your thin blue line and call a spade a spade.

We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us....
You are in one of the more safe professions, as much as that may shock your readers to hear. You are militarized because you've adopted military tactics, insignia, and rank. You are militarized because of the way you've come to view the people as not your equal, but as your lesser.

....and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.
Easier to shoot? Is this a serious statement?

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?”
You don't do anything for me, and have never done anything for me and I hope you never attempt to do anything for me. The few times you have legitimately helped someone are far outweighed by the lives you've impeded or ruined. You get no 'thanks' from me, a "youth." You don't deserve any.

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement.
It is really a shame.

Though I feel much the same when people idolize you.

To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle.
To argue that one does not own their body but rather a collective's opinion enforced by people like you does, is not simply a slippery slope. It would be as if one stumbled down said slope. How is this so hard to see?

Education isn't a hassle. Please do us all, but yourself more importantly, a favor, and educate yourself. The information is all available. There's really no excuse.

To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.
I find it quite the irony that someone who collects a paycheck through the theft of all attempts to hold moral high ground upon thieves but I digress. Whatever. You will put on that uniform because you get paid to put on that uniform and you will do whatever it takes to continue receiving that paycheck. Be it a ticket quota (or targeted enforcement mean) or locking away drug possessors... I mean, literally, I doubt you have much a qualm about anything your job requires you to do.

kcchiefs6465
12-14-2014, 01:20 AM
Lmao. I wouldn't have responded had I known Will Grigg had already done so.

I have not read the entire thing, but I'm sure Grigg has taken him to task more than I ever could.

JK/SEA
12-14-2014, 11:01 AM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?461863-Either-Praise-the-Police-or-Shut-Up&p=5680938#post5680938

a banana beat you?...was it frozen or thawed...it makes a difference in a Grand Jury...

JK/SEA
12-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Fine. I'm done here. When even my perceived friends are having a joke at my expense and don't explain , I'm done.

huh?...

Weston White
12-14-2014, 11:57 AM
...Well they certainly do have all the lingo down, must spend a lot of time surfing conspiracy forums.

“O Kettle, Kettle! wherefore art thou Kettle? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Pot.”

Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

Oh don't fret big-fella; just take a moment to reflect upon your six-figure salary and boatload o’ fringe-benies. You will be back to “caring” in no time!

Suzanimal
12-14-2014, 12:23 PM
a banana beat you?...was it frozen or thawed...it makes a difference in a Grand Jury...

Frozen, he's a cold hearted sob.:mad:

Who needs a Grand Jury when you have Flying Monkeys?:)