PDA

View Full Version : WI - Cops detain couple driving man to hospital having asthma attack until he dies.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2014, 10:43 PM
That may be me or you one day...being stared at impassively by an agent of the state as you die.

Man Dies During Traffic Stop From Asthma Attack as Cop Refuses to Let them Drive to Hospital

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man-dies-traffic-stop-asthma-attack-cop-refuses-drive-hospital/#stSJYuRhiHticTsF.99

Chippewa Falls, WI — Dashcam video has been released that shows the disturbing last moments of a man’s life as he’s detained by a Chippewa Falls police officer on the way to the hospital.

29-year-old Casey Kressin died after suffering a severe asthma attack when the vehicle that was rushing him to the hospital was pulled over by a Chippewa Falls police officer.

After they were stopped, Kressin’s girlfriend immediately starts to beg the officer to take him to the hospital. The officer instead calls for an ambulance.

The couple was just 3 miles from the hospital when they were stopped. It took over 6 minutes for the ambulance to arrive.

During the stop, the officer callously listens to the begging couple’s pleas for help as Kressin slips further away. “He’s going to die! He can’t breathe!” screams Kressin’s girlfriend. We can hear Kressin begging for help as he falls to the ground, starving for air, “I can’t breathe…..I can’t breathe.”

The officer just stares at the couple, telling them to wait for the ambulance. By the time the ambulance arrives, it takes another 2 and 1/2 minutes before Kressin begins his journey to the hospital; sadly too much time had passed. Police say Kressin became unresponsive at that time and was pronounced dead at Saint Joseph’s Hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEED6tdLKzM&feature=player_embedded

Chippewa Falls Chief Wendy Stelter says she stands behind the officers who responded, saying that Kressin’s girlfriend should not have been allowed to drive the rest of the way because she was hysterical.

However, she was only hysterical because her boyfriend was dying and being kept from life saving treatment that could have saved his life.

Sadly this type of response by police is not uncommon. In October we brought you the story of the woman in labor who was forced to the ground at gunpoint after police deployed spike strips on the couple who was speeding to the hospital to have their baby.

In July, the Free Thought Project reported on the story of the parents who were detained by police as they were rushing their 2-year-old son to the hospital after he was stung by a scorpion.

The list goes on – from beating a man who was having a diabetic attack to breaking a man’s arm as he has a seizure, police these days seem more interested in collecting the revenue from traffic violations instead of helping people in need.

However, we’d be irresponsible if we didn’t provide an example of the proper way police should react to situations like this one. This week, we reported on the story of Helen Smith, who actually crashed into a cop car on her way to visit her gravely ill son in the hospital. Instead of detaining or beating her, the Utah State troopers drove her hundreds of miles to see her sick son.

If this Chippewa Falls officer would have applied the same level of discretion as the Utah troopers, he’d be the hero of this story, instead of the villain.

presence
12-13-2014, 10:50 PM
This belongs here:

http://mises.org/library/stop-signs-and-liberty

Stop Signs and Liberty

http://mises.org/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/static-page/img/3570.jpg?itok=7rveIh0m

July 14, 2009
Jeffrey A. Tucker

(http://mises.org/profile/jeffrey-tucker)[]

Something as seemingly innocuous as a stop sign can become the occasion for the use of terrible violence and terrible oppression.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2014, 10:53 PM
You draw the line when the lice tries to shoot your dog or detains you in a situation like this. Stanley Milgram's history just keeps repeating itself.

JK/SEA
12-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Kelly Thomas's said...''i can't breathe' also...

seems to be a pattern here.

kcchiefs6465
12-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Note the illegal U-Turn the officer made before conducting this traffic stop.

Anti Federalist
12-13-2014, 11:09 PM
I can’t breathe!

I can’t breathe!

I can’t breathe!

The new rallying cry of being suffocated by an increasingly brutal police/nanny/regulatory state.

green73
12-13-2014, 11:09 PM
Let's just admit it: America is dead.

GunnyFreedom
12-13-2014, 11:16 PM
That may be me or you one day...being stared at impassively by an agent of the state as you die.

Man Dies During Traffic Stop From Asthma Attack as Cop Refuses to Let them Drive to Hospital

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man-dies-traffic-stop-asthma-attack-cop-refuses-drive-hospital/#stSJYuRhiHticTsF.99

Chippewa Falls, WI — Dashcam video has been released that shows the disturbing last moments of a man’s life as he’s detained by a Chippewa Falls police officer on the way to the hospital.

29-year-old Casey Kressin died after suffering a severe asthma attack when the vehicle that was rushing him to the hospital was pulled over by a Chippewa Falls police officer.

After they were stopped, Kressin’s girlfriend immediately starts to beg the officer to take him to the hospital. The officer instead calls for an ambulance.

The couple was just 3 miles from the hospital when they were stopped. It took over 6 minutes for the ambulance to arrive.

During the stop, the officer callously listens to the begging couple’s pleas for help as Kressin slips further away. “He’s going to die! He can’t breathe!” screams Kressin’s girlfriend. We can hear Kressin begging for help as he falls to the ground, starving for air, “I can’t breathe…..I can’t breathe.”

The officer just stares at the couple, telling them to wait for the ambulance. By the time the ambulance arrives, it takes another 2 and 1/2 minutes before Kressin begins his journey to the hospital; sadly too much time had passed. Police say Kressin became unresponsive at that time and was pronounced dead at Saint Joseph’s Hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEED6tdLKzM&feature=player_embedded

Chippewa Falls Chief Wendy Stelter says she stands behind the officers who responded, saying that Kressin’s girlfriend should not have been allowed to drive the rest of the way because she was hysterical.

However, she was only hysterical because her boyfriend was dying and being kept from life saving treatment that could have saved his life.

Sadly this type of response by police is not uncommon. In October we brought you the story of the woman in labor who was forced to the ground at gunpoint after police deployed spike strips on the couple who was speeding to the hospital to have their baby.

In July, the Free Thought Project reported on the story of the parents who were detained by police as they were rushing their 2-year-old son to the hospital after he was stung by a scorpion.

The list goes on – from beating a man who was having a diabetic attack to breaking a man’s arm as he has a seizure, police these days seem more interested in collecting the revenue from traffic violations instead of helping people in need.

However, we’d be irresponsible if we didn’t provide an example of the proper way police should react to situations like this one. This week, we reported on the story of Helen Smith, who actually crashed into a cop car on her way to visit her gravely ill son in the hospital. Instead of detaining or beating her, the Utah State troopers drove her hundreds of miles to see her sick son.

If this Chippewa Falls officer would have applied the same level of discretion as the Utah troopers, he’d be the hero of this story, instead of the villain.

Oh come on, Matt knows better than that. He's a cop. He's always the hero of every story, no matter what. Rescue a kitten out of a tree? Hero! Gun down an old lady for crossing the road outside of a crosswalk to see her son who just returned from 20 years in a POW Camp? HERO!

JK/SEA
12-13-2014, 11:23 PM

how could that be?...we still shoot off fireworks on the 4th...its all good...

Anti Federalist
12-13-2014, 11:24 PM
Compliance Uber Alles

specsaregood
12-13-2014, 11:45 PM

is this where the anarchists celebrate?

green73
12-14-2014, 12:10 AM
is this where the anarchists celebrate?

Of course not, statist.

Funny. I knew as I posted my comment I was leaving myself open to the very worst statists here, and I was right.

specsaregood
12-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Of course not, statist.
thanks!

Funny. I knew as I posted my comment I was leaving myself open to the very worst statists here, and I was right.

happy to oblige.

Schifference
12-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Imagine you show up at a hospital in your car with a very sick individual. What do you do? You go running in seeking help. How long does it take to get a helpful response (people to understand what you need and actually help)? How long does it take to get the sick person assessed and treatment started?

I think that when an ambulance arrives the hospital is aware they are coming and are expecting the patient and know what the current status is. Oxygen is applied and some type of care is administered in the ambulance.

While I agree that the woman did not appear to be a hazard on the deserted roadway and could have transported her boyfriend the last couple of miles, I don't think he would have received any life saving care any sooner.

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Imagine you show up at a hospital in your car with a very sick individual. What do you do? You go running in seeking help. How long does it take to get a helpful response (people to understand what you need and actually help)? How long does it take to get the sick person assessed and treatment started?

I think that when an ambulance arrives the hospital is aware they are coming and are expecting the patient and know what the current status is. Oxygen is applied and some type of care is administered in the ambulance.

While I agree that the woman did not appear to be a hazard on the deserted roadway and could have transported her boyfriend the last couple of miles, I don't think he would have received any life saving care any sooner.

You've obviously never walked into an Emergency Room with someone who can't breathe. They are taken immediately to an examination room, given oxygen and in this particular case his girlfriend would have advised that he was asthmatic and having an attack and an inhaler would have been provided within minutes, if not seconds.

That fucking cop killed this guy.

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 07:56 AM
thanks!

Funny guy.

Because of people like you, this cop won't face any consequences for killing this man. Legitimacy of the state? YOU try holding up someone rushing to the hospital, let them die, then see what happens.

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 07:59 AM
I'm so sick of this bullshit. And I'm so sick and damned tired that this shit happens and it seems not one of these bastards ever faces the music.

I can't believe the shit we endure in this country anymore.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2014, 08:03 AM

30 seconds. Just be loud and get our attention.

You've obviously never walked into an Emergency Room with someone who can't breathe. They are taken immediately to an examination room, given oxygen and in this particular case his girlfriend would have advised that he was asthmatic and having an attack and an inhaler would have been provided within minutes, if not seconds.

That fucking cop killed this guy.

Spot on!

this cop murdered the guy.

+rep

-t

Danke
12-14-2014, 08:23 AM
I would have kept driving, flashers on and called 911 to let the dispatcher know what was going on.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2014, 08:25 AM
I would have kept driving, flashers on and called 911 to let the dispatcher know what was going on.

Good plan!

DO NOT PULL OVER!

-t

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 08:27 AM

And likely he would have tapped you, got you loose and spun you; from there it would be entirely likely you would have been shot dead for evading, resisting arrest, threatening the life of an officer, reckless driving, assault... you name it. And the cop would be a celebrated local hero.

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2014, 08:31 AM
And likely he would have tapped you, got you loose and spun you; from there it would be entirely likely you would have been shot dead for evading, resisting arrest, threatening the life of an officer, reckless driving, assault... you name it. And the cop would be a celebrated local hero.

Know your ram points...

-t

Danke
12-14-2014, 08:36 AM

For driving another 3 miles and not endangering any neighborhoods. Highly unlikely.

kcchiefs6465
12-14-2014, 08:40 AM
They've stopped people in the hospital parking lot.

XNavyNuke
12-14-2014, 08:53 AM
The driver did exactly what decades of training compelled her to do. When followed by the flashing lights she pulled over and submitted to Authority. The Authority did what it was trained to do - ensure his personal safety at all costs and cover his butt.

Local Paper Editorial Board Cop-Loves on to Officer
http://chippewa.com/news/opinion/columns/our-view-kressin-s-death-a-tragedy-on-every-level/article_b25f9afb-7c14-5f39-91b6-71d8cfd3e494.html

. People can make judgments on what they see. But one video does not show the hundreds and hundreds of emergency responses made by EMS units and law enforcement officers. One video does not give the needed perspective of how calls are handled on a nightly basis by either police or by EMS.

We hope that what transpired in Chippewa Falls that night will lead to further discussions, among law enforcement and the public, of how best to handle emergency situations. Raising public awareness would be an admirable goal and a small consolation that Kressin’s death will not be forgotten.

Police Chief stands behind officer's actions. Alles in Ordnung.
http://chippewa.com/news/local/chief-no-one-way-to-handle-incidents/article_6ee486cd-66fa-54d7-9fd6-5eff0b18f692.html

. “We are always trying to train our officers to be able to judge the situation that you have before you,” she said.

“After reviewing the video (shot from the officer’s squad car), I believe he acted accordingly,” she said.

Only the King's men are allowed to break traffic laws. The sheep are too damned stoopid.

. Stelter said she has been asked if an emergency gives a driver the right to violate traffic laws. “And it does not,” she said.

The driver made a decision that cost the victim almost ten minutes.
http://chippewa.com/news/local/police-release-video-of-stop-of-casey-kressin/article_1e70fd0d-a6c9-5a90-9b27-de7c7923ad3f.html

. The ambulance arrives approximately 5 minutes and 50 seconds after the officer called for it. Kressin is placed on a stretcher within about 70 seconds, and the ambulance leaves for HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls approximately 2 minutes and 20 seconds after it arrived.

I think that ten minutes, and the underlying decision by all parties, is certainly worthy of questioning. Ed ist nicht alles in Ordnung.

XNN

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Pull into the ambulance loading area burning rubber, We WILL notice...

And any BS will be on video - promise...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
12-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Do slow down for red lights and be prepared to break or accelerate HARD! But in that situation - run um! HONK! often on approach...

Honking often in addition to emergency flashers is a good strategy if you have flashing lights behind you. And do not be afraid to ram the ass hole if they try and cut you off!

-t

Henry Rogue
12-14-2014, 09:57 AM
Life is unimportant, only ordinances, regulations and procedures matter.

otherone
12-14-2014, 10:06 AM
“We are always trying to train our officers to be able to judge the situation that you have before you,” she said.

Ya.
And I'm always "trying" to obey traffic laws. Hope you take that into consideration.

presence
12-14-2014, 10:19 AM
They've stopped people in the hospital parking lot.

Hence concealed carry. Necessity is above the law. GTFO.

PaulConventionWV
12-14-2014, 10:55 AM
"I can't breathe!"

Where have I heard this before?

SeanTX
12-14-2014, 11:13 AM
"If you can say 'I can't breathe' -- then you can breathe, otherwise you wouldn't be able to speak."

I've seen many comments online made by cops where they said just that -- about Eric Garner, Kelly Thomas, etc. If you're in that situation you might be better off doing/saying something else -- it's not like they are going to show any mercy to you ...

TheTexan
12-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Life is unimportant, only ordinances, regulations and procedures matter.

Traffic laws, especially. I can't imagine the countless millions who would die each year if people weren't threatened with a $200 ticket for not stopping at stop signs. So many people would otherwise carelessly drive through stop signs, surely to their own deaths.

Warlord
12-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Kelly Thomas's said...''i can't breathe' also...

seems to be a pattern here.

No, Kelly Thomas screamed for his dad while he was being beaten.

sam1952
12-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Thought it was odd the officer had to ask if they'd been drinking. Was this a medical question?

Wasn't there some football player awhile back who was stopped in the hospital parking lot. He was called by the hospital that his mother was dying and to get to the hospital. Sadly the officer detained him and refused to let him leave. She passed while her son pleaded to be allowed to go to her.

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Yep...

I haven't been big on national loyalty for a long time (I'm an ancap on principle after all) but I truly believe the last of it was killed in me when the CIA torture reports came out...

Christian Liberty
12-14-2014, 01:40 PM
"If you can say 'I can't breathe' -- then you can breathe, otherwise you wouldn't be able to speak."

I've seen many comments online made by cops where they said just that -- about Eric Garner, Kelly Thomas, etc. If you're in that situation you might be better off doing/saying something else -- it's not like they are going to show any mercy to you ...

For clarification: It is totally possible to be able to talk without being able to breathe. It seems counter-intuitive, but its true. That people who do not realize these things are allowed to "protect and serve" (*snicker*) is problematic...

youngbuck
12-14-2014, 01:54 PM
That cop is a murderous pig, and his fellow pigs that defend his actions are incorrigible parasites.

staerker
12-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Do slow down for red lights and be prepared to break or accelerate HARD! But in that situation - run um! HONK! often on approach...

Honking often in addition to emergency flashers is a good strategy if you have flashing lights behind you. And do not be afraid to ram the ass hole if they try and cut you off!

-t

Although good advice for saving your friend, this is a death sentence. Ram a cop, and they will send their storm troopers to shoot you dead after you're already in the hospital.

Anti Federalist
12-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Thought it was odd the officer had to ask if they'd been drinking. Was this a medical question?

SOP.

Most people will answer "Oh, I had a couple of beers".

Bingo, you just admitted guilt.

Summary beat downs, arrests and jail will follow.

JK/SEA
12-14-2014, 02:45 PM
No, Kelly Thomas screamed for his dad while he was being beaten.

i just watched the entire length of the Thomas killing...he said....''i can't breathe' several times during his initiation into death.

A Son of Liberty
12-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Yep...

I haven't been big on national loyalty for a long time (I'm an ancap on principle after all) but I truly believe the last of it was killed in me when the CIA torture reports came out...

Can it be all that much more time before she finally slips beneath the waves?

http://www.tomfurman.com/wp-content/themes/Themes/cache/images/2020_titanic-sinking.jpg-628x337.jpg

Mani
12-15-2014, 12:07 AM

-t

Agreed. But the bitch cop talking about obeying traffic laws is neglecting to mention she lives in BUTT FUCK nowhere. It's Chippewa fucking Falls. I'm from WI, it's in the middle of fucking nowhere. Population 13,000.

They probably have 2 traffic lights in the whole fucking town (slight exaggeration maybe 8). They usually have cops in these towns just to bust people speeding through to generate revenue.

We are not talking about a lady driving recklessly through some urban environment putting thousands of people at risk blowing through red lights. We are talking about driving into a town with fucking nothing in it. Apologies to folks of Chippewa falls but let's be real here. This is the middle of fucking nowhere, about the biggest traffic risk is getting hit by a deer. The cops didn't keep the roads safe from a hysterical driver, they just flat out killed someone 2-3 minutes away from emergency care because that's what they do, follow the rules, follow their training, if it results in death, that's just too fucking bad, procedure was followed.

Anymore folks want to talk about how if they only followed the cops orders lives would be saved? Where are the do not resist crowd? Oh ya, those bootlickers will say it was a tragic accident nothing could have been done.

JK/SEA
12-15-2014, 12:51 AM
why didn't the cop, upon learning of the urgency of the situation, escort the woman to the hospital with his light show and ear piercing siren?...

nevermind...i'm just being silly again...

Mani
12-15-2014, 01:00 AM
why didn't the cop, upon learning of the urgency of the situation, escort the woman to the hospital with his light show and ear piercing siren?...

nevermind...i'm just being silly again...

That's in the movies and what's in the minds of every middle class american in the country.

The Police are going to hop in their cars and provide an escort to the hospital!! Traffic will completely pull aside to allow them through (meaning the 1 tractor, 1 cow, and 1 deer).

BV2
12-15-2014, 01:23 AM
I hope this guy has bacon scented nightmares of the man he let die.