PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulBomb.com Goes Live

Rex
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
RonPaulBomb.com (http://www.ronpaulbomb.com) Goes Live

Hey everyone just want to let you know I've setup RonPaulBomb.com (http://www.ronpaulbomb.com) to help coordinate all of the Bombs that we have going on.

Once we hit 500 subscribers we will start launching the Daily Ron Paul Bombs to help awareness of Mr. Paul.

Here is some information:

----------------------------
----------------------------

Yes boys and girls this is yet another Grassroots attempt to get the message about Ron Paul out to the masses. This will be a collaborative effort by all of the Ron Paul supports to effectively Ron Paul Bomb whoever we think should be sent information about Ron Paul for that day.

That means we could be putting up links to email addresses to people or companies, links to online polls, links to Digg articles, information about donation drives, or just people that are in plain need of supporters to help their Ron Paul cause.

Please tell everyone you know about this site and let’s get more organized than we are already!

voytechs
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Huhh? We already have a site for this:

h ttp://ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

I think its a bad idea to confuse people with another site.

Rex
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
That is just for money bombs..

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Is this a fundraiser for an actual bomb?

Rex
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Is this a fundraiser for an actual bomb?

It is not a fundraiser. Read the original post.

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
It is not a fundraiser. Read the original post.

Wow, someone has a broken sarcasm barometer

Rex
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry didn't read it like that.

I just never thought a guy trying to support the cause would get this kind of feedback. Kinda puts a damper on my mood now..

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Sorry didn't read it like that.

I just never thought a guy trying to support the cause would get this kind of feedback. Kinda puts a damper on my mood now..

I'm sorry dude, but "Ron Paul Bomb" and then listing people's names and company names????

This was not a smart idea. There are better ways to support Dr. Paul. And up until this point we haven't needed one website to coordinate these things so why make one?

derdy
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Your efforts are much appreciated. However, as stated above, http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com/ is already in existence and sounds very similar. Not that you're stealing anyone's idea, but this has already been thought of and in existence for some time now.

Keep it up if you want, but I'm not sure how much traffic you're going to get.

Cheers!

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Ignore these idiots. It's a good idea to consolidate this type of information. Over half of the threads here are about online polls, contacting various people, digging articles, etc.

I do agree that "Ron Paul Bomb" wasn't the best idea though. Sounds really bad. (The inclusion of "Bomb" also confuses the effort with money bombs)

Also, the footer should read Ron Paul for President 2008 (not 2007)

derdy
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Ignore these idiots. It's a good idea to consolidate this type of information. Over half of the threads here are about online polls, contacting various people, digging articles, etc.

I do agree that "Ron Paul Bomb" wasn't the best idea though. Sounds really bad. (The inclusion of "Bomb" also confuses the effort with money bombs)

Also, the footer should read Ron Paul for President 2008 (not 2007)

Who are referring to as an idiot? My response was pretty clear and concise and not insulting.

Mr. White
12-03-2007, 02:06 PM
LMFAO post of the day.

Q: is this a fundraiser for an actual bomb?

A: It's not a fundraiser.

tmg19103
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Appreciate the effort, but there are all sorts of different sources people use for info like this that have been up for months.

Especially for people newer to the rEVOLution it is best to run ideas up the flag poll on this forum.

Not that you need permission - we are all free to do what we want. By posting your idea, though, you will get feedback on whether it has been done or is needed - as well as ways to improve on what you are trying to do.

Ron Paul is HUGE and has thousands of websites and blogs about him. It's a saturated market and will take a REALLY unique idea to garner interest.

Thanks for the effort, though. I hope the site gets some interest, but if not, keep the ideas churning and seek input before using valuable time that could be used getting out on the street and marketing Ron Paul in your community.

I have had many ideas shot down on this board and one which I got going with Sematary and myself as initial players (the Philly Rally) really took off, so keep plugging away.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Who are referring to as an idiot? My response was pretty clear and concise and not insulting.

Not you. Your post was not there when I replied.

I apologize for calling anyone an idiot though. I'm frustrated with people on these forums destructively turning on each other though.

P.S. His site has nothing to do with fundraising. It's meant to send an email list with online polls, articles to digg, etc. I think it's a pretty good idea since half the posts here are on that very topic.

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
This thread delivers

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Ignore "robert4rp08". Not consolidating this information is the best way to keep it active. Grassroots works because of lack of consolidation. People spread the word and do what the feel is best, which is why all of the emails, phone calls, etc have been so significant.

Anyone else feel like something is not right about this whole thing?

Brian Bailey
12-03-2007, 02:14 PM
If anyone is interested in actual grassroots news updates (including fundraisers and donation drives), The Paulunteer newsletter is thriving (http://www.topronpaulsites.com/index.php?a=stats&u=Paulunteer) over at Paulunteer.com (http://www.paulunteer.com).

Everyone is free to submit material to the newsletter. We haven't turned down any submissions yet.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Ignore "robert4rp08". Not consolidating this information is the best way to keep it active. Grassroots works because of lack of consolidation. People spread the word and do what the feel is best, which is why all of the emails, phone calls, etc have been so significant.

Anyone else feel like something is not right about this whole thing?

I agree with you about the grassroots man, but these forums move so fast. It's so hard to keep up with everything.

Is it really necessary to shoot down someone for trying to help out though?

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree with you about the grassroots man, but these forums move so fast. It's so hard to keep up with everything.

Is it really necessary to shoot down someone for trying to help out though?

If you think what they are doing is a really REALLY bad idea, YES!!!!! He's way too loose with the term BOMB and associating it with Ron Paul. And on top of that he wants to collect everone's email addresses and send them names of people and places. This has disaster written all over it!! Why is this so hard to grasp??

And the forums have worked. When you have CNN newscasters complaigning that they always get 50,000 emails when they mention Ron Paul you don't need to adjust.

Energy
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
If you think what they are doing is a really REALLY bad idea, YES!!!!! He's way too loose with the term BOMB and associating it with Ron Paul. And on top of that he wants to collect everone's email addresses and send them names of people and places. This has disaster written all over it!! Why is this so hard to grasp??

I agree. I applaud the effort but sorry, this is just a tasteless domain name.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM

And the forums have worked. When you have CNN newscasters complaigning that they always get 50,000 emails when they mention Ron Paul you don't need to adjust.

Yes the name is bad; I agree. It's easy to change the name and get a different domain.

Every mail list collects subscriber's email addresses. He wants to send the subscribers emails of people that we may want to contact for various reasons, for example email addresses to various MSM reporters. How is that different than what the forums do?

Yes the forums work. But it would also be nice to get an email that consolidates all of this type of information.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes the name is bad; I agree. It's easy to change the name and get a different domain.

Every mail list collects subscriber's email addresses. He wants to send the subscribers emails to people that we may want to contact for various reasons, for example email addresses to various MSM reporters that release. How is that different than what the forums do?

Yes the forums work. But it would also be nice to get an email that consolidates all of this type of information.

Before this thread goes much further, how about we change the domain name first???

I would not support a website called "RONPAULBOMB" even if it claimed it was collect money to save dying babies.

There is no trust here for me because this website was not discussed on the forums before it went up and a relatively new person to the forums set it up. If we want a website to do what this site claims, then let's throw some ideas around first.

Personally, i would not sign up for an email list like this anyway. Ron Paul Gateway delivers much information and requires no email subscription.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Before this thread goes much further, how about we change the domain name first???

I would not support a website called "RONPAULBOMB" even if it claimed it was collect money to save dying babies.

There is no trust here for me because this website was not discussed on the forums before it went up and a relatively new person to the forums set it up. If we want a website to do what this site claims, then let's throw some ideas around first.

Personally, i would not sign up for an email list like this anyway. Ron Paul Gateway delivers much information and requires no email subscription.

I agree with the name/domain change. Ron Paul Gateway is nice but it doesn't do what this guy wants to do, and I've yet to see a site that does (consolidate action items).

I think this guy had a good idea and executed it poorly. The community here could've offered constructive assistance to help him out. Instead, people instantly dismissed him and discouraged his efforts... and that's what annoyed me.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I agree with the name/domain change. Ron Paul Gateway is nice but it doesn't do what this guy wants to do, and I've yet to see a site that does (consolidate action items).

I think this guy had a good idea and executed it poorly. The community here could've offered constructive assistance to help him out. Instead, people instantly dismissed him and discouraged his efforts... and that's what annoyed me.

We did so because of the destructive nature he wrapped around his idea. It needed to be dismissed immediately. If in fact his idea is a good one ( i don't think it is) then it will survive and flourish. People will get behind it and support it. We can bring this topic back up tonight when more people are online.

And this isn't the first idea to be shot down. He isn't a child. He's old enough to vote and smart enough to develop a website. Sorry that you were annoyed.

BTW, all of us were civil. You were the one to start calling people "idiots"

Shaun
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Domain name can't be supported.
Not supportable.
Good effort.

greeksta59
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
how much you wanna bet that the MSM will find this website and use it against us lol

Phoenix Revolution
12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
This was not a smart idea. There are better ways to support Dr. Paul. And up until this point we haven't needed one website to coordinate these things so why make one?

I agree

Rex
12-06-2007, 07:53 AM
So the domain is not great. Ok I can conceed that and will change it.. Any ideas?

The whole premise of the domain was like email bomb, fax bomb, call bomb, etc etc.

I will continue to run the site because I see warrant for consolidating information atleast just for myself and my friends if nobody else wants to use it...

robert4rp08
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
So the domain is not great. Ok I can conceed that and will change it.. Any ideas?

The whole premise of the domain was like email bomb, fax bomb, call bomb, etc etc.

I will continue to run the site because I see warrant for consolidating information atleast just for myself and my friends if nobody else wants to use it...

I'd get away from "bomb" all together. Maybe something like "action items"... A submission form might help too, so you don't have to dig for all of the information yourself.