PDA

View Full Version : Is liberal/progressive bias in public university lectures a form of discrimination?

libertybrewcity
12-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Is there a better word it? An example would be a professor advocating a minimum wage increase as a way to alleviate poverty and reduce health disparities. He cites a source in the lecture powerpoint from an Urban Institute study saying the group is "non partisan".

CPUd
12-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Is there a better word it? An example would be a professor advocating a minimum wage increase as a way to alleviate poverty and reduce health disparities. He cites a source in the lecture powerpoint from an Urban Institute study saying the group is "non partisan".

Not if he allows students to raise a valid argument in rebuttal (which might be what he is going for).

MRK
12-12-2014, 11:22 PM
"Is liberal/progressive bias in public university lectures a form of discrimination? "

"Is there a better word it? "

I can't say I understand what you're trying to say. It might be bias, but I don't see how it's discrimination?

euphemia
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
It is discrimination when the professor will not entertain opposing points of view in open class discussions or online chats, or who grades according to personal bias. There are about two universities in the US that do not receive direct or indirect funding from the government. Strict Constitutional protection of all points of view.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-12-2014, 11:52 PM
College: A publicly funded mechanism for the perpetuation of mediocrity.