PDA

View Full Version : Reality from a top my soapbox

mosquitobite
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
We are a GRASSROOTS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grassroots) run campaign. Ron Paul likes it this way. WE like it this way. It's freedom at its best, it's creative, it's fun!

We are not run from the top down, but some here seem to imply or perceive we are. We have a goal, not a leader. Ron Paul as President is our goal, but he is not the leader on this board, and for many reasons.

There are ideas and people that you may not wish to support. That's FINE! :D Power to the people!!! :D

But to simply bash ideas because of how they're being run, or how the media may report it, or how it may affect the campaign are silly imo. If it were just a here or there thing I might agree with some of you that you're just voicing your opinion (and you are more than welcome to do that!) but some are just constantly negative and it's very disheartening! This campaign is about HOPE!

I mean think about it. Do you really think every Huckabee supporter is legally sane? ;) What about Hillary supporters? :p Do you think their campaigns worry day & night about what the insane people might do to hurt them?

IMO what sets us apart is, our great Dr Paul is not trying to conform us into anything. He's not pulling us under his umbrella to say "guys, don't do that". Dr Paul TRUSTS us. He trusts Americans with their freedom. He trusts our rEVOLution. And that is why I personally love him!

Maybe it's because I personally come from a libertarian (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/libertarian) background that I "get" the whole live and let live philosophy. For those of you on this liberty train, I suggest you REALLY start thinking about what it truly means to allow your fellow Americans the freedom to espouse their views so long as it is in a legal manner. I wish we had a Ron Paul running in every district so it wouldn't just be a President but it really would be a movement.

As always, jmho that I felt compelled to share.

lucius
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
You need to get up on your soapbox more often: very well put!

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Very well put, thank you!

shortna
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
hear hear!

rdenner
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Only thing I'd say against what you are saying is that we are watched much closer than other candidates.

Our dirty laundry IS being seen as Ron Paul's dirty laundry. And this will only get worse the higher in the polls we get.

They can't find dirt on Dr Paul like they can Huckabee or Guiliani, so the only choice they have it to scour places like this and take out of context(and sadly IN CONTEXT) comments from us supporters and link them to what Dr Paul thinks.

So ALWAYS be aware of what you are doing in regards to how it will affect Dr Paul's candidacy.

WWRPD??????

Robert