PDA

View Full Version : Republican Donors Will Try To Preempt the Rabble From Getting Their Candidate

AuH20
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
The status quo shall be preserved at all costs.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-10/republican-bigwigs-will-own-the-tea-party

JK/SEA
12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
if either Mitt, Jeb, or Christie get the nom....i will support and send money to the dems. and say adios to this forum.

guaranteed.

Suzu
12-11-2014, 01:14 PM
if either Mitt, Jeb, or Christie get the nom....i will support and send money to the dems. and say adios to this forum.

guaranteed.

Wish you hadn't added that last word. I do hope JK means "just kidding" here.

Why not support the Libertarian instead? At least it would be constructive.

cajuncocoa
12-11-2014, 01:22 PM
The status quo shall be preserved at all costs.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-10/republican-bigwigs-will-own-the-tea-party

I don't suppose they would be willing to break bread with the fringy conspiracy theorizing hippies over here at Rand Paul Central then, eh? ;)

JK/SEA
12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Wish you hadn't added that last word. I do hope JK means "just kidding" here.

Why not support the Libertarian instead? At least it would be constructive.

i'm not interested in supporting a 'newly' elected majority party in Congress elected by the efforts of Liberty Patriots, then have them turn around and eff me....not gonna happen.

JK/SEA
12-11-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't suppose they would be willing to break bread with the fringy conspiracy theorizing hippies over here at Rand Paul Central then, eh? ;)

Matt says they don't need us...

i'll support the most anti-war candidate there is....if any.

Brian4Liberty
12-11-2014, 01:35 PM

guaranteed.

Why is that? Do you expect "this forum" to support "Mitt, Jeb, or Christie"?

Brian4Liberty
12-11-2014, 01:40 PM
And isn't it interesting that they are cramming an increase in maximum donations in the CRomnibus? They want even more money from the big donors.

People in the party establishment are also easier to herd than the grassroots conservatives are, because they're engaged earlier, they're a smaller group and -- crucially -- they want to be herded. Six months before the primaries it can be hard to predict who's going to catch fire in Iowa. It's easy to see who's got a national fundraising base.

Picking a candidate early is one mark of the party establishment that separates it from the grassroots. Another is a limited imagination. Hence the painfully truncated list of people the establishment seems to be considering right now, dominated as it is by old Republican names like Romney and Bush. Republicans who oppose the establishment, and want to wrest control of the party from it, have on the other hand a surplus of imagination: That's how they can talk themselves into the idea that candidates like Cain are viable.

The news in the Times story is that big donors are worried that their consolidation process isn't far enough along. That could mean this cycle will be different from previous ones. Perhaps the establishment will split and someone with more Tea Party appeal will have a better shot at winning the nomination. But you don't see nearly as much angst among the Tea Partyers about choosing a single champion. Which means that they're still more likely to be divided, and the party establishment will probably once again get the nominee it wants.

There is only one "Tea Party" option. That is Rand.

AuH20
12-11-2014, 01:42 PM
And isn't it interesting that they are cramming an increase in maximum donations in the CRomnibus? They want even more money from the big donors.

There is only one "Tea Party" option. That is Rand.

But even Rand is compromised. Eh. I guess it's the best we can get.

JK/SEA
12-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Why is that? Do you expect "this forum" to support "Mitt, Jeb, or Christie"?

my decision will have nothing to do with this forum....IF...this plays out like this. It will be a clean and quick separation from all of politics.

moostraks
12-12-2014, 10:49 AM
my decision will have nothing to do with this forum....IF...this plays out like this. It will be a clean and quick separation from all of politics.

I hope you reconsider leaving here. The party of hippie refuseniks here gets smaller every election it seems and I, for one, would really miss you!

Anti Federalist
12-12-2014, 11:02 AM

Can't have that, you know...bad for your image.

otherone
12-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Matt says they don't need us...

i'll support the most anti-war candidate there is....if any.

Drone King was the anti-war guy in 07.

acptulsa
12-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Drone King was the anti-war guy in 07.

Cheney's running mate was avowedly anti-nation building in 2000. That's how he beat McCain.

I've never seen a presidential candidate whose promises I believed except Ron Paul. Not even McCarthy or Perot.

DamianTV
12-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Oh I get it, when there is a Majority, let alone a Super Majority, they are just "Rabble" that needs to be told "how to vote properly"... How is it everyone seemingly always votes for the "wrong candidate"? Oh yeah, the choices were "Sith Lord", "Cthlulu", "Satan", and "Bob Jones". Yet, very few people know of the horrific atrocities already committed by Bob Jones...