PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans No Longer Buying What Cruz Is Selling

RonPaulFanInGA
12-11-2014, 11:08 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-the-taming-of-ted-cruz/2014/12/10/d28e49e6-80b2-11e4-8882-03cf08410beb_story.html

Cruz, who also met with House conservatives to stoke opposition, opposed the “meaningless show vote” lawmakers were considering as an alternative to a confrontation. He declared “a full-fledged constitutional crisis.”

But something extraordinary happened in response to Cruz’s hyperventilation: absolutely nothing. The House went ahead with its show vote last week, and all indications are that a bill funding Obama’s immigration policy will sail through the House with bipartisan support on Thursday and then face similarly smooth Senate passage. House Speaker John Boehner boasted on Wednesday that he was “proud” that the House acted “without a threat of a government shutdown.”

This time, Cruz didn’t frighten fellow conservatives. Only a couple of the usual immigration hard-liners, such as Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) and Steve King (R-Iowa), showed up for his tea party rally. Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) told CNN last week that “Senator Cruz needs to stay in the Senate. I think Senator Cruz wants to fan the flames here, but I think everyone here has become more savvy to his ways.”

mosquitobite
12-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) told CNN last week that “Senator Cruz needs to stay in the Senate. I think Senator Cruz wants to fan the flames here, but I think everyone here has become more savvy to his ways.”

Hilarious! Even they see his cocky, narcissistic ways!!

jmdrake
12-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Not sure why this is a good thing. :confused: I know Cruz is a rival of Rand, but this spending bill seems quite problematic.