PDA

View Full Version : What are some POSITIVE things to talk about regarding Ron Paul?

Matthew Zak
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Let's generate a simple and easy list. I want to find the simplest, most profound context to tell people about Ron Paul in a positive way. I am creating another video and this time it's going to be upbeat and for all ages.

kevinblack
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Of course it is important to show his position on Iraq, Patriot act and reduced spending. My personal favorite however is the fact that he is an honest politician that does not take money from special interests. This is something that as far as I know can not be said of any other presidential candidate.

"How many times in your life will you have a chance to vote for an honest politician? "

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
This was my advice in another thread where the OP wanted advice on a speech...

I would try just planting a seed and not "forcing" people to listen to the issues. I would instead focus on Ron Paul himself. Give a brief bio of his life (farm, marriage, kids, doctor, military, etc. you can borrow from this (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/331/the-american-dream/)); people love this stuff. Then hit them with the foundation of his political ideology; individual liberty, personal responsibility, and the role of government... the constitution. Then hit them with the fact that he's been adhering to his philosophy for over 30 years and has a 10-term voting record in congress to back it up. Tell them that he is pure, principled, honest etc. and doesn't pander to lobbyists, special interest groups, pollsters. Maybe give them a taste of his voting record, e.g., never voted to raise taxes, for an unbalanced budget, etc. For me, all of this was the hook into learning more about Ron Paul.

EDIT: ... because remember that the #1 political issue that people think about is corruption (2006 mid-term election exit poll: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/election.exitpolls/)

Then I would end with something heartfelt and personalized. For example, as a concerned American I plea to each of you to think about the state of the country; its economy and foreign policy. Think about how intrusive the government is; in your lives and in your wallet. I ask each of you to look beneath the surface of biased news reporting and research each of the candidates using the internet (ontheissues.org, etc). I truly believe that America is in dire need of a new revolution to take back our liberty and freedoms and remind the government that we are the people. I encourage you to learn more about Ron Paul because he understands this. Thank you for your time. I would be happen to answer any questions you may have on specific issues (give email and phone if you comfortable).

Matthew Zak
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM
This was my advice in another thread where the OP wanted advice on a speech...

I would try just planting a seed and not "forcing" people to listen to the issues. I would instead focus on Ron Paul himself. Give a brief bio of his life (farm, marriage, kids, doctor, military, etc. you can borrow from this (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/331/the-american-dream/)); people love this stuff. Then hit them with the foundation of his political ideology; individual liberty, personal responsibility, and the role of government... the constitution. Then hit them with the fact that he's been adhering to his philosophy for over 30 years and has a 10-term voting record in congress to back it up. Tell them that he is pure, principled, honest etc. and doesn't pander to lobbyists, special interest groups, pollsters. Maybe give them a taste of his voting record, e.g., never voted to raise taxes, for an unbalanced budget, etc. For me, all of this was the hook into learning more about Ron Paul.

EDIT: ... because remember that the #1 political issue that people think about is corruption (2006 mid-term election exit poll: http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/election.exitpolls/)

Then I would end with something heartfelt and personalized. For example, as a concerned American I plea to each of you to think about the state of the country; its economy and foreign policy. Think about how intrusive the government is; in your lives and in your wallet. I ask each of you to look beneath the surface of biased news reporting and research each of the candidates using the internet (ontheissues.org, etc). I truly believe that America is in dire need of a new revolution to take back our liberty and freedoms and remind the government that we are the people. I encourage you to learn more about Ron Paul because he understands this. Thank you for your time. I would be happen to answer any questions you may have on specific issues (give email and phone if you comfortable).

Thanks for the outline, I will incorporate that into my video. :)