PDA

View Full Version : Which two Candidates pose the greatest threat to our campaign?

shepburn
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Pick the pair of Republican candidates that you think are the biggest obsticals to us winning the nomination?

akovacs
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Huckabee and *maybe* Thompson.

robertwerden
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Clinton and Obama

kylejack
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Hillary is a bigger threat than any Republican, because people opposing her can eat our voter base in Iowa and New Hampshire. She needs to crush everyone in Iowa.

VoteRonPaul2008
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Rudy and Huckabee

Both are high up in the polls at the moment.. Rudy is considered a moderate even though he wants to ban gay marriages and Huckabee keeps stealing ideas

shepburn
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Please select the pair of Republicans who you want to see drop out (think in terms of strategically helping Ron Paul win)

hawkeyenick
12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Please select the pair of Republicans who you want to see drop out (think in terms of strategically helping Ron Paul win)

I don't see that happening, we're a whole different breed of voter.

How many Ron Paul fans have you seen defect yet? I see it happen all the time with the other candidates.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
So far every answer has "Huckabee" in it.

Is that really who we fear the most?

Jobarra
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Thompson and Huckabee.

Thompson because he is stealing more and more of Ron's ideas for his own campaign.

Huckabee because he's an ineffectual leader that the media is latching onto. The softball questions at the last debate didn't hurt either.

Question_Authority
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Reduce the Huckabee threat by digging this. http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_s_parole_of_rapist_haunts_campaign

Yes he is the greatest threat because he might steal our thunder when it comes to being the "dark horse" candidate emerging. Romney and Giuliani are old news, overexposed. The networks are looking for fresh meat. And there is only room for one "breakout" candidate in my opinion.

kylejack
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
NOBODY. We need as many war-mongers as possible.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't see that happening, we're a whole different breed of voter.

How many Ron Paul fans have you seen defect yet? I see it happen all the time with the other candidates.

I see zero RP supporters defecting. I'm referring to candidates who are competing against us for the undecided voters.

jgmaynard
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Romney and McCain are far and away our most dangerous opponents in NH, so I am the lone vote there. :)

JM

shepburn
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
so far, over 93% of us included Huckabee.

Are we all really that concerned with this guy? He has one 1/10 of the grassroots support we have and only twice the poll numbers. Besides we have way more money than this clown.

wgadget
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Down here in GA, I believe it's Thompson and Huck.

ConstitutionGal
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Here in the South it's defintely Huck and Fred. Thankfully, however, Fred is sinking himself with his anti-second amendment votes in the past and his comment now on the Confederate battle flag. Huck is seeing falling numbers here due to his stance about illegal aliens and tax-hikes getting out to the public. I'm hearing from lots of FORMER Fred supporters here in TN and am beginning to hear from FORMER Huckabee supporters. This really leaves nowhere for these people to go other than the good Doctor.

greves
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Where was the option for: None of the above, Ron Paul will win no matter what the other candidates try!

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I chose Huckabee and Romney.

Only chose Huckabee because the MSM keeps pimping him out. I personally think he plays the God card too much. For example (http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/editorblog/014):

According to Jonathan Falwell, presidential aspirant Mike Huckabee believes that it is God, not himself, who is behind his rise in the polls: "Mr. Huckabee also said that Divine providence was responsible for his recent surge in the polls in Iowa, as he noted that he is the candidate with much less capital firepower than his rivals."

... that's actually scary because it sounds like he wants to be king of the USA.

I've heard him say that "God told him [me] to fight global warming" and during a convention of some sort staged a cell phone call with God.

mkrfctr
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Well i think the phrasing is a bit odd - we really need/want all the pro-war people in the race and getting a nice even amount of the vote.

Having anyone sitting up high is cause for concern. And eliminating people will only cause further consolidation amongst the hawk-7.

thehittgirl
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Huckabee being my number one. After all the DVDs I passed out in church, a few were saying they like Huck. Well next weekend, a bunch of my antiwar DVDs are going out!!!!!

Blowback
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Romney: relatively slick willy with a shit load of money
Rudy: doesn't have a prayer - way too corrupt
Huckabee: threat only because he is the freshest face and no one has done their homework on him yet - also a bit of a slick willy (the ultimate 'promise everything to everyone' candidate as can be seen by his promising to increase spending for a trip to Mars during the Youtube debate - just wow)
Thompson: lol
Hunter: lol
Tancredo: I thought he was an OK guy until he tried to slam Paul during the debate - now, lol

DRV45N05
12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Rudy and Huckabee.

Someone said earlier that there are three factions of the Republican Party: the fiscal conservatives, the social conservatives, and the neoconservatives. Ron Paul is the leader of the fiscal conservatives, Mike Huckabee is the leader of the social conservatives, and Rudy Giuliani is the leader of the neoconservatives.

Menthol Patch
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
None of these candidates are a threat to our campaign.

How have we got as far as we have already?

I'll tell you how! We have focused on OUR candidate! There is no reason to get distracted by worrying about some other candidate's effect on our campaign. If we do OUR JOB by promoting RON PAUL then we have NO REASON TO WORRY about these other candidates!

Keith
12-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I would like to see two groups drop out. The Democrats and the Republicans that are not Ron Paul.

Midnight77
12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
No doubt about it. Rudy and Huckabee. Even though all this stuff came out on Rudy, there are still going to be older Americans blinded by him and thinking that he was the hero of 9/11.

mmink15
12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I picked Thompson and Huckabee because I think their voters are most likely to join our cause

Syren123
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
In CA, for some reason Romney is a big presence. And of course for the hardcore neo-con contingent, Rudy still seems like a good idea.

Thompson and Huck are for clueless newbs and fundies, small in number here, thankfully.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Results:
(remember because each vote contained two choices, the sum will equal 200%)

90% included Huckabee
40% included Romney
37% included Rudy
23% included Thompson
10% included McCain

Analysis????

Primbs
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Romney because of his money.

Chrispy
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
none should drop out, the more pro-war neocons in the race the more the vote is split up, the more of a chance RP has. That having been said i think Huckabee will pose the biggest threat come election time.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Rudy and Huckabee may join forces for political reason, and GOD help us. I think if Huckabee fades away he will endorse Rudy.

Taco John
I personally think Rudy's campaign is sunk.

davidhperry
I think people perceive Huckabee as a threat because he's a smooth-talker and he sounds good to people who aren't paying close enough attention. He sounds good since he's doing his level best to copy Ron Paul. Does anyone else notice that?

shepburn
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I personally think Rudy's campaign is sunk.

I agree with you ... Rudy is a done. He has no true support.

We should focus on converting Huckabee supporters.

davidhperry
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Take heart in this: this primary is an election on Bush's foreign policy. Rudy and Huck are ideologically very similar to GWB. If people want the same thing there're getting now, then they will probably select Rudy or Huck. If people want change, then Dr. Paul really the only choice.

davidhperry
12-03-2007, 03:50 PM
We should focus on converting Huckabee supporters.

+10

Huckabee is working very hard to keep people from figuring out that he's a pro-life liberal. Most Christians don't realize this - they just hear the fact that he's a Christian and pro-life.

We need people to be made aware of his record on taxes and immigration.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Take heart in this: this primary is an election on Bush's foreign policy. Rudy and Huck are ideologically very similar to GWB. If people want the same thing there're getting now, then they will probably select Rudy or Huck. If people want change, then Dr. Paul really the only choice.

I think the General Election will be about Bush's foreign policy. But with the primaries, it may come down to social values.

Ron Paul needs to show that he is more in line with social values than Huckabee is. (i.e. on imigration, Just-War theory, abortion, etc.)

On fiscal values, Paul wins hands down.

FreeTraveler
12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I think it'll be Huckster/Juile, and given the influence of the current vice-president, I think this is currently the CFR's approved ticket.

justinc.1089
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Results:

90% included Huckabee
40% included Romney
37% included Rudy
23% included Thompson
10% included McCain

Analysis????

My analysis is that Rudy Giuliani is thought of to be more of a threat here than he actually is.

Everyone should realize Giuliani is waaaaaay to war-mongering to win Iowa OR New Hampshire, and even less likely to win SC because of being pro-life, Catholic, and anti-gun. (And believe it or not the catholic will make a significant difference here)

I would say McCain is even more of a threat than Giuliani is. But overall the numbers are generally correct. Huckabee might not have the money but if he did I don't think we could possibly beat him in SC.

AlexMerced
12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Only Huckabee is a threat in my eye, everyone else are minor annoyances

where is the Hunter, Tancredo option on the poll, HAHAHA

Ninja Homer
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
None of the above. We need them all in it to split the pro-war vote.

If any of the "top tier" drop out, their supporters will just move to another pro-war candidate.

The only 2 that I could see where dropping out may help Ron Paul is Tancredo and Hunter. Neither one of them has a chance, and if they dropped out, Ron Paul may get more air time.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Huckabee is a true threat because everyday (non-serious) Christians will feel he is the best simply because he is a former pastor. Therefore, we Christian Ron Paul supporters need to work on converting these people. This not a perfectly simple task, but I'm making some head way at HucksArmy forums. If you are a well-versed Christian, I recomend you do the same!

ClayTrainor
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Huckabee is definitely the biggest threat now, He's the only candidate with any grassroots really.

The Neo-Cons are getting ready to attack eachother, and i just heard that fred is going after huckabee, so I think Ron Paul will come out very strong once the attacks start coming in on everyone but him!

Goldwater Conservative
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Rudy and Huckabee, because they're conning the national security voters and the culturally conservative voters, respectively. Thompson and McCain are going nowhere, and everyone already knows that Romney is fake, not to mention he can't win next November.

Menthol Patch
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Huckabee is a true threat because everyday (non-serious) Christians will feel he is the best simply because he is a former pastor. Therefore, we Christian Ron Paul supporters need to work on converting these people. This not a perfectly simple task, but I'm making some head way at HucksArmy forums. If you are a well-versed Christian, I recomend you do the same!

I would not vote for a pastor who spent everyday he was not preaching serving soup at the homeless shelter if he did not support reducing the size/cost of government, eliminating the IRS and replacing it with NOTHING, restoring our rights and freedoms, and bringing our troops home!

chandlerLBT
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
you should leave a choice for none. splitting the warmonger's vote couldn't be better for the paul campaign.

coffeewithchess
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
So far every answer has "Huckabee" in it.

Is that really who we fear the most?

Yes, because the American people are really ignorant...they elected Bush...TWICE.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Latest Results:

90% included Huckabee
40% included Rudy
39% included Romney
22% included Thompson
9% included McCain

Analysis????

AlexMerced
12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Huckabee is definitely the biggest threat now, He's the only candidate with any grassroots really.

The Neo-Cons are getting ready to attack eachother, and i just heard that fred is going after huckabee, so I think Ron Paul will come out very strong once the attacks start coming in on everyone but him!

I never though about this... hmmm... I will write about this

cvaldiv1
12-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Huckabee because in Iowa social issues tend to be more important than the war (50% are against the war), and economic issues. Huckabee has great appeal in Iowa with his smooth talk about "bringing back the family" and because of his pro-life stance. Many Iowa voters will not vote for either Rudy or Romney. If Huckabee dropped out Dr. Paul would pick up many of the pro-life Iowans.

Thompson because his followers are made up of: 1.) neoconservatives 2.) people who for some strange reason believe he is an "old school" conservative. Ron Paul would appeal to one of these groups, can you guess which one?

constitutional
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
We should be worried about Romney. He is pretty strong... convince me he is not...

me3
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Which two Candidates pose the greatest threat to our campaign?
Laziness and Arrogance. Two tough contenders. They win most elections.

shepburn
12-03-2007, 05:19 PM
We should be worried about Romney. He is pretty strong... convince me he is not...

Romney has out spend all other Republican candidates in Ads so far. Yet he is stuck in single digets. He has no growth or grassroot support. The only reason he is getting some support is because he is polished version on Rudy.

The rank and file Christians are NOT motivated by this man... and it has nothing to do with his Morman faith (which actually surprises me a bit). The reason they are too warm about him is his flip-flopping on key issues (abortion, guns, immigration, etc).

Romney is not our threat. Huckabee is definiately our only and true threat.
Huck has the only other Grassroots support in the Republican raise. If we can convert them ... our ranks will swell and our grassroots will go unopposed. Again, if we can convince Huckabee Christians, that Ron has a more Christian philosophy for America (i.e. our Constitution) than Huckabee does, we'll win this thing hands down.

CurtisLow
12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Huck has a lot of skeletons in his closet.

Huckabee Asks Judge to Dismiss Lawsuit Over Hard Drives.
http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0807/448893.html

The dark side of Mike Huckabee
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2007/11/13/huckabee/

Huck is in bed with CFR
http://www.jbs.org/node/6394

Huckabee Parole of rapist haunts campaign.
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/10/14/huckabee_could_face_hurdles_from_the_past/

Huckabees registered for gifts
http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2006/11/huckabees_registered_for_gifts.aspx

The dirt that will doom Rev. Huck's campaign!
http://www.streetprophets.com/storyonly/2007/12/1/14448/9851

Huckabee: 'Christian Ticket' Would Help Elect Clinton
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/10/0 ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/w2ball/

CNN - Huckster ( Flip Flopper 2.0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GT5B4dybIE

It will all come out thanks to Mitts money..

Phoenix Revolution
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Reduce the Huckabee threat by digging this. http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Huckabee_s_parole_of_rapist_haunts_campaign

Yes he is the greatest threat because he might steal our thunder when it comes to being the "dark horse" candidate emerging. Romney and Giuliani are old news, overexposed. The networks are looking for fresh meat. And there is only room for one "breakout" candidate in my opinion.

Just think, you will be the reason along with your fellow lame Digg friends that they cost RP to lose. Perhaps you should waste your time telling your neighborhood about RP message then being on Digg.

shrapnel88
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
i don't want any of them to drop out. i want all the warmonger neocons to stay in and dilute that pro-war vote!

parke
12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Romney because of his money.. and influence in getting multiple votes. N. Hampshire

Huck because he is a preacher.. Iowa and S. Carolina

shepburn
12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
huckabee is the only one of the five with actual supporters

VRP08
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Which pair would you most like see drop out of the race?

rudy/romney

Which two Candidates pose the greatest threat to our campaign?

huck/thomson

shepburn
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
do we still think Huckabee is the biggest threat to us?

Naraku
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
It seems to me we're talking about who would help Paul by dropping out and when it comes to that I think it's got to be Thompson and McCain and I'm amazed no one else voted for them.

Rudy is a hard nose on crime and national security. A real neocon's neocon. If he left most of his supporters would go to some other "frontrunner", not Paul.

Honestly, I don't think the Zionist war hawk TaxHikeMike is taking votes away from Ron Paul. He's basically the exact opposite of Ron Paul.

Romney is a big open target. He's the Republican John Kerry or worse, the Republican Clinton. I might be able to buy that he changed his mind on abortion, but when he tries to sell himself as a fiscal conservative and being strongly opposed to illegal immigration it's ridiculous. He's good at making people think he's someone he isn't, but all it takes is one informed candidate to say, "You're right Mitt you did lower taxes, you just raised everything else." I'm amazed state tuition going up 63% has not been used on him a lot.

These are the people Ron Paul wants to run against because all of them have the kind of supporters that probably won't ever support Ron Paul.

In comparison a lot of Thompson voters left over are the federalists, people big into state's rights and all that. Most of the conservatives have already jumped into other camps, especially Huckabee's. If Thompson left it's likely a lot of his supporters would go to Paul.

McCain seems to get a lot of the moderates, people who don't really like the frontrunners. I think a lot of Paul supporters could come out of him.

I don't think any Ron Paul supporters will be coming out of Huckabee, Rudy, or Romney and I don't think any Paul supporters would even consider going for them. So, that makes them the people we want most to remain so that they divide the people who won't support Paul.

Pharoah
12-06-2007, 04:56 AM
None of them are a threat, IMO. The biggest obstacles are poll rigging, electronic vote rigging, MSM spin and getting Ron Paul's message out to all 300 million Americans.

CelestialRender
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Romney is our biggest threat, because he can beat us in one of our strongest areas: money.

Besides which, he's shown a willingness to buy votes.

idiom
12-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Huckabee has less than 10% our grassroots but thats more than anyone else.

You can generate Huck Quotes like Norris quotes:

"Some people think that there isn't enough gold on the planet to give everyone a giant gold bar for christmas, But as Mike Hucckabee will tell you, that's are very negative an unamerican approach to life. If you vote for him he will supply every person on the Earth with a Gold Bar *and* a platinum one. Because thats what nice people do."

shepburn
12-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Huckster has 87% of us concerned! ... do the math in the poll.

Is he really that big of a threat?