PDA

View Full Version : Amarillo, TX School Cop Attacks Teen at Football Game For Refusing To Take Off Rosary Necklace

SeanTX
12-09-2014, 11:18 AM
And he then arrested the teen, for "resisting arrest" (I'm sure the kid's face was assaulting the brave officer's fists).

War on gangs, war on drugs, war on this, war on that -- you can't even wear a religious item to a damned football game without the possibility of being physically assaulted and then kidnapped by an agent of the State.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/09/i-cant-breathe-police-allegedly-slammed-teen-to-the-ground-and-forcibly-arrested-him-over-for-refusing-to-remove-his-rosary/

Teen Fights Back After Cop Allegedly Slammed Him to the Ground and Arrested Him for Refusing to Remove a Rosary Necklace
Dec. 9, 2014 11:06am Billy Hallowell

A conservative legal firm is demanding that a Texas school district reassess its dress code after a cop allegedly slammed an eighth grader to the ground and forcibly arrested him after he refused to remove his rosary — a religious symbol that has also come to be associated with gangs.

The Rutherford Institute fired off a letter to the Amarillo Independent School District on December 4, giving officials just over a week to respond to a series of demands.

The firm is asking that the district condemn the “excessive” police force used against 14-year-old Jacob Herrera in late October, urging police to drop criminal prosecution against him and to peel back its policy against clothing that police believe looks to be gang related, according to the Christian Post.

Herrera clashed with a cop during a middle school football game on October 29, after the officer asked him to remove a rosary he was wearing in remembrance of his deceased brother. When he refused, at least one witness told media that a police officer slammed the teenager repeatedly on the ground.

“You know he handcuffed him and then crossed him across the street right there and slammed him again and he repeatedly slammed the child on the floor,” Marivell Chavez told KFDA-TV, claiming that the teen yelled “I can’t breathe” and “Call my mom” while being held down.

But the Amarillo Police Department claims that Herrera was resisting arrest, which led to an escalation with authorities. Corporal Jerry Neufeld told the outlet that the teen refused to put his arms behind his back and that he ignored a cop’s prompts.

While some might find the officer’s qualms over Herrera’s rosary confounding, the police department explained that the symbol is sometimes used by gangs and that students are asked not to wear the religious symbol on school property or at school events, according to KFDA-TV.

snip

Christian Liberty
12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Arrested for resisting arrest...

I'm no fan of Catholicism, but its simply ridiculous that they'd ban any religious symbol...

public schools have only one religion, the State.

Anyone who follows any OTHER religion should take their kids out of the public schools if possible...

Weston White
12-09-2014, 11:55 AM
While some might find the officer’s qualms over Herrera’s rosary confounding, the police department explained that the symbol is sometimes used by gangs and that students are asked not to wear the religious symbol on school property or at school events, according to KFDA-TV.

Oh, yes! That explains everything, but more importantly, it completely excuses the officer’s actions; because now this is simply yet another case of a punk kid wanting to emulate gangs being put in his place...And surely violations of school garb and dress policy is an arrestable offense worthy of nothing less than a hardcore ground-and-pound. Oh yes, that day justice was coldly served and expertly done.

ZENemy
12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Christians just aren't voting hard enough.